Overall draft winners & losers

y*so*blu

We had a thread like this for Day 1, but which teams truly had the best and worst drafts when all the dust settled?

I think the Ravens absolutely killed it. Hamilton fell to them at 14 and they continued in that vein all night, taking all the good prospects other teams had missed out on. They didn't have to reach for a single player, and they got Zakoby McClain (who SHOULD have been drafted) as an UDFA. Almost every one of their picks was a prominent name on my radar: Linderbaum, David Ojabo, Travis Jones, monster OL prospect Daniel Faalele, Jalyn Armour-Davis, Charlie Kolar, Tyler Badie and more. This one could be historically good.

There's a bit more competition for the worst but I'd say the Patriots and Saints are pretty far down there.

Obviously the Ravens did well. Both NY teams had solid drafts. The Chiefs had a pile of draft capital and used it well. The Lions failed to embarrass themselves. 

On the other side, multiple teams had no pick until the third round due to trades. 

J

• Like 1

Ravens both NY teams Lions Chiefs all did very well. I think there were a few other good ones but they stand out the most to me. Actually this might be the first time in a very long time the Seahawks draft looks good so add them to the list.

5 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

We had a thread like this for Day 1, but which teams truly had the best and worst drafts when all the dust settled?

I think the Ravens absolutely killed it. Hamilton fell to them at 14 and they continued in that vein all night, taking all the good prospects other teams had missed out on. They didn't have to reach for a single player, and they got Zakoby McClain (who SHOULD have been drafted) as an UDFA. Almost every one of their picks was a prominent name on my radar: Linderbaum, David Ojabo, Travis Jones, monster OL prospect Daniel Faalele, Jalyn Armour-Davis, Charlie Kolar, Tyler Badie and more. This one could be historically good.

There's a bit more competition for the worst but I'd say the Patriots and Saints are pretty far down there.

I was annoyed but I personally think we brought it back with some really solid picks in later rounds. Addressed a lot of problems 

Ravens, Eagles and Lions. For me, “winners”

• Like 1

Agree with this topic. I'll also add that Atlanta did quite well for themselves. London was a bit rich (the board did not fall their way to be fair) but they got good value at pass rush and Ridder in the third (the only QB in this class that has a legit shot of making it IMO).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Agree with this topic. I'll also add that Atlanta did quite well for themselves. London was a bit rich (the board did not fall their way to be fair) but they got good value at pass rush and Ridder in the third (the only QB in this class that has a legit shot of making it IMO).

Yeah that 2nd day was crazy for the Falcons honestly. If Ridder hits it doesn’t even matter if London doesn’t. 

Ravens annoyed me with how well they did.

Although they had several other drafts I loved that didnt turn out nearly as well as I thought, so I hope that happens again.   I expect Hamilton and Jones to beast out.  Not the biggest Linderbaum fan, but he should still be solid.

Eagles and Vikes did great too IMO.

I mean this has to be the Jets, right. IMO they drafted the best CB, the best WR and the best RB in the draft. All while adding Johnson as a immediate starting edge rusher and Jeremy Ruckert who is also a very talented day 1 TE. They absolutely crushed it.

Loser has to be New England. I think we are at the point where people really have to start questioning BB and if he should retain his GM powers next year.. At very minimum he prioritizes position groups like its 2005 and not 2022. Honestly believe they would be better off just looking at Daniel Jeremiahas mock draft and picking players based off that for the past 10 years.

I believe the last Pro Bowler they drafted was Jamie Collins in 2013 (besides Jones last year who was a replacement). It is going on a full decade since BB has selected a Pro Bowler in the draft and nobody dares to question him on it lol

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Ravens annoyed me with how well they did.

Although they had several other drafts I loved that didnt turn out nearly as well as I thought, so I hope that happens again.   I expect Hamilton and Jones to beast out.  Not the biggest Linderbaum fan, but he should still be solid.

Eagles and Vikes did great too IMO.

Yep...   I know over the years I've said this a few times but looking back it didn't seem  to work out as well as I thought.   2015 bust, 2016 meh (Ronnie Stanley), 2017 good (Marlon Humphrey, Chuck Clark), 2018 Very good, 2019 ehhh looking like a bust, 2020 Jury still out doesn't look good though.

So yea the only really good draft was 2018 and they busted on their 1st round pick Hayden Hurst but got LJ on a trade up in the first, Mark Andrews, Orlando Brown.   They hit it out the park on that draft on almost every pick tbh even the late rounders were quality players.

I think the main reason most people can behind their picks is because they usually don't reach and they go BPA which most people can agree with the reasoning for the picks.  I still believe with all that being said this could be another one of those 2018 drafts.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2022 at 12:04 AM, onejayhawk said:

Obviously the Ravens did well. Both NY teams had solid drafts. The Chiefs had a pile of draft capital and used it well. The Lions failed to embarrass themselves. 

On the other side, multiple teams had no pick until the third round due to trades. 

J

Well, we didn't pick until the third round because we traded our first three picks for a Super Bowl. That's a trade I can accept. 😉

Colts did outstanding.  With no glaring needs they took lottery shots on players.  Woods, Rainmann, Cross and Johnson are raw, high ceiling players.  They could end up with a lot of very good talent without having a 1st round pick.

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1