> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

I was gonna make this thread the second after the draft ended, but I didn't wanna seem like a draft obsessed psycho.

I took a brief nap there at the end, gotta say I was disappointed one of you draft degenerates didn’t make it already lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I took a brief nap there at the end, gotta say I was disappointed one of you draft degenerates didn’t make it already lol

I don't wanna say this draft class we just had sucked, cause it didn't like there was really good depth, but the top 4 current projected players (the two QBs and two SEC defenders) next year probably would've been #1 overall this year. Wild. We didn't get to make 3 first round picks this year. We didn't even get to make 2 (got AJ Brown so who cares), but next year we might get to actually make those 2 firsts like a lot of teams did this year and I'm excited for that or the possibility to get a QB if Jalen doesn't take a significant enough of a step this year. 

46 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Early prediction if we don't go QB is we draft Kelee Ringo with our 1st, and Foskey or Myles Murphy with the NO 1st.

Seemed to be a very good Corner / DB draft upon looking at it when they did the Saints trade.

Getting a corner then a DE would be a solid pairing

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

This early in the game the only thing I can offer insight on is my Penn State guys. 

The only one that stands out to me right now is CB Joey Porter Jr. Which I feel will be a day 2 pick.

Him and Parker Washington seem to be the two that get thrown out in that top 60 in the few 2023 look aheads

40 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Him and Parker Washington seem to be the two that get thrown out in that top 60 in the few 2023 look aheads

So. I think if Parker Washington came out he'd be somewhere between round 3 and early round 5, To me, he oughta come back for his senior season and in 2024 I could see him being a round 2 kinda guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Suck out loud for stroud

Not sold on him yet outside of him having obvious tools. What kind of passing stats would Tyler Van Dyke or Jukrovec or Devin Leary get at Ohio St with the WR and OL factory they got going on over there?
Never really honed in on Stroud scouting wise tho, as far as how he goes through progressions, how open was the WR, etc. Maybe he is all that. 

I did hone in on Devin Leary a couple times tho. I like him a lot. He has some Aaron Rogers throws where it's the perfect amount of velocity and arc and he hits the WR perfectly in stride or in a very tight window. Also just seems like "a dude". Plays QB aggressively, but not stupidly, if that makes sense. Like the good version of rookie Baker Mayfield. I liked his pocket movement too.

Hendon Hooker looked pretty talented when I watched him too. I hope both those guys play well and go to the Senior Bowl. Hooker has a cannon iirc.

Edited by Jeezla