> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

20 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I can think of a ton of non QB, OL, K that have been stellar and continued to be after their second contract with the team that drafted them. RBs however? Barely a one. 

A quick glance last 10 years mid to late first round RBs:  

Melvin Gordon 

Rashaad Penny

Sony Michel

Josh Jacobs 

CEH

Najee Harris 

Travis Etienne 

Yuck. Maybe three good years between them all? 

We all know RB's have a low shelf life. Doesn't mean they can't justify a 1st round pick. If you ball out for 4 or 5 years, you justified the pick. If Lane Johnson would have left after his 4th or 5th year, it still would have been a good pick. If we draft "insert random stud RB" in round 1 and he makes 4 consecutive pro bowls, it was a good pick even if he leaves or falls off a cliff in year 5. He probably won't justify his 2nd contract, but the pick we used to select him will be justified. Eventually there will be another Ladainian drafted in the 1st that balls out the full duration of his 2nd contract, but yea, it's going to be a rarer occurrence than a DE that plays well for 8+ years or a WR or a LB. I don't think that means you should never take a RB early though. Always going to be exceptions/outliers/freaks.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We all know RB's have a low shelf life. Doesn't mean they can't justify a 1st round pick. If you ball out for 4 or 5 years, you justified the pick. If Lane Johnson would have left after his 4th or 5th year, it still would have been a good pick. If we draft "insert random stud RB" in round 1 and he makes 4 consecutive pro bowls, it was a good pick even if he leaves or falls off a cliff in year 5. He probably won't justify his 2nd contract, but the pick we used to select him will be justified. Eventually there will be another Ladainian drafted in the 1st that balls out the full duration of his 2nd contract, but yea, it's going to be a rarer occurrence than a DE that plays well for 8+ years or a WR or a LB. I don't think that means you should never take a RB early though. Always going to be exceptions/outliers/freaks.

But Lane could play at a high level for 10 more years. RBs are usually dead after their contract year. Same with almost every other position outside of RB. Getting a good RB in the 1st isn’t a bad pick, of course. But the value suffers tremendously on that second contract while you could have invested somewhere else. It’s mostly a terrible idea to give big money to a RB. So, you’re maxing a good RBs effectiveness to about 3-4 years. You can get that sort of production in the 2nd and 3rd easy and at a fraction of the price. Save your 1st for the big pricey positions. 

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Tell me about Parker Washington and why he should be an Eagle. @Danger

Honestly. I think he's a tad overrated. He doesn't jump off the screen at me. He's been a starter since he was a true freshman but hes got "Robin" written all over him to me. I think maybe he'll be an ok #3 or something but meh

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly. I think he's a tad overrated. He doesn't jump off the screen at me. He's been a starter since he was a true freshman but hes got "Robin" written all over him to me. I think maybe he'll be an ok #3 or something but meh

Gotcha. I thought his frame could be a YAC threat as a WR3 and maybe have some return ability for punts. Seems like he has good body control, but yeah his stats this year are just eh. Can't believe Sean Clifford is still the QB. 

16 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The reason people excused Jalen Reagors bad junior season at TCU, Maxx Duggan, just destroyed Oklahoma. lol

With Oklahoma's now former head coach Lincoln Riley's little brother, Garrett, at the helm as OC. 

Sooners fans been so salty all offseason about Riley. Those tears taste sweet though. 😎

EDIT:

vPCWqaJ.png

To be fair to Max that was his true freshman year I believe, but air yards, picks, completion percentage was terrible.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha. I thought his frame could be a YAC threat as a WR3 and maybe have some return ability for punts. Seems like he has good body control, but yeah his stats this year are just eh. Can't believe Sean Clifford is still the QB. 

True Freshman Drew Allar is arguably already better than Sean Clifford.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

True Freshman Drew Allar is arguably already better than Sean Clifford.

I'd much rather see a top recruit, but I imagine they just stick with Clifford since this is his last year.

Nick and Dani already showing out for y'all. Might as well go in on the youth imo.

Chop Robinson is also of the better names I've heard for an EDGE rusher.

49 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'd much rather see a top recruit, but I imagine they just stick with Clifford since this is his last year.

Nick and Dani already showing out for y'all. Might as well go in on the youth imo.

Chop Robinson is also of the better names I've heard for an EDGE rusher.

He transferred in from Maryland

I think his real name is Demeioun Robinsin.

Him, Adisa Isaac, and DDS are 3 really solid EDGE guys.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 8:10 AM, Scalamania said:

This forum pimped one of the worst WRs ever drafted in the first round so let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves here. 

Bijan is a stud - if we’re picking late in the first and he’s there he should absolutely be an option. 

Lmao...What a surprise. Everyone is aware that it was a bad pick and no one is trying to revise history and pretend they weren't in on him. Congratulations that you didn't have interest in him (Is this what you are waiting to hear?). People are wrong about prospects, it happens. Hence them being called "prospects". All you can do is learn from your mistakes. Or you can sit back and act like you're smarter than everyone on the forum because they were wrong about a prospect. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Lmao...What a surprise. Everyone is aware that it was a bad pick and no one is trying to revise history and pretend they weren't in on him. Congratulations that you didn't have interest in him (Is this what you are waiting to hear?). People are wrong about prospects, it happens. Hence them being called "prospects". All you can do is learn from your mistakes. Or you can sit back and act like you're smarter than everyone on the forum because they were wrong about a prospect. 

This is fair and I have be an absolute **** about this but - 

The funny thing about this is that if Reagor ever turned about to be any good everyone would be jumping down our throats with the "I TOLD YOU SO!" - but the dude turned out to be *** and everyone wants to pretend like it never happened. 

I will come to this forum with the sole purpose to remind you all that Jalen Reagor sucks and that you all wanted him (over what is probably going to be a top 5 WR of all time) and made the very few of us that didn't out like we had no idea what we were talking about.