> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

1 Stroud/Young
3 Will Anderson Jr

Who is everyone's #4 player right now?

Right now?

It would have to be Jalen Carter. He's a monster and I've also seen the most film of him cause of how many draftable prospects Georgia had last year and him probably being the best of any of them as a sophomore.

Plus, we can knock out two positions with one pick....

@Jroc04would be thrilled 🤣

Nah, but seriously this DT class is super intriguing and could be pretty deep. If we don't intend on giving Hargrave a big extension, then I wouldn't mind taking one in the first round or two if the right one fell in our lap even with drafting Davis and Williams the past couple years.

On 7/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Right now?

It would have to be Jalen Carter. He's a monster and I've also seen the most film of him cause of how many draftable prospects Georgia had last year and him probably being the best of any of them as a sophomore.

Plus, we can knock out two positions with one pick....

@Jroc04would be thrilled 🤣

Nah, but seriously this DT class is super intriguing and could be pretty deep. If we don't intend on giving Hargrave a big extension, then I wouldn't mind taking one in the first round or two if the right one fell in our lap even with drafting Davis and Williams the past couple years.

Now that’s the kind of production that would make a punter worthy of a pick. 

Moving on from Hargrave and finding a cheap replacement is what I’d prefer after this year. That would be a lot of turnover in one year but if Davis is an impact player year 1, it makes the decision really easy for me. Davis, Williams and another high pick would be a good enough main rotation, IMO. 

Looks like a strong DT class (they usually do this time of year), but I will be bummed if we take a DT over a stud DE. All we got after this year is Sweat and Reddick. Granted, we'll only have Davis/Milton/??? at DT, but this team needs its next Trent Cole on the edge. 

Lot of top 100 rivals CB prospects potentially coming out too. Could be another good CB class.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think seeing the defense this coming year will really tell us how big a need DT is. 1st round priority or not.

Seeing the defense will tell us how big a need every position is. We might have multiple 1st round priorities.

On 7/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, Jeezla said:

Looks like a strong DT class (they usually do this time of year), but I will be bummed if we take a DT over a stud DE. All we got after this year is Sweat and Reddick. Granted, we'll only have Davis/Milton/??? at DT, but this team needs its next Trent Cole on the edge. 

Lot of top 100 rivals CB prospects potentially coming out too. Could be another good CB class.

Oh. I wasn't necessarily suggesting we take a first round DT.

I guess we could if we don't extend Hargrave and whoever is on the board is just to great of a talent to let slip past us. 

In an ideal world Jalen Hurts takes a significant step and then we take a EDGE and CB in the 1st round next year. 

Then, if this DT class lives up to what it looks like it could be there should be someone pretty good we can wait and get on Day 2.

Maybe 2023 will finally be the year we take a safety on day 2 (aka... before round 4 - Jaylen Watkins and K'Von Wallace) for the first time since back in 2010/2011 when we took Nate Allen and Jaiquawn Jarrett. Man.... we've been terrible drafting safeties. Who am I kidding? Scratch that. Howie will probably sign someone more proven in FA like he tried to with Marcus Williams this off-season and how he did with Rodney McLeod and Malcolm Jenkins previously.

TRM, who are your early draft crushes this year (Jalen Carter aside). Last year you were the one who introduced me to Andrew Booth, give me your names to know for this upcoming draft class aside from the obvious top 10 lock kinda guys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Danger said:

TRM, who are your early draft crushes this year (Jalen Carter aside). Last year you were the one who introduced me to Andrew Booth, give me your names to know for this upcoming draft class aside from the obvious top 10 lock kinda guys.

Didn't see this post. First name out of my mouth was gonna be Myles Murphy since he wasn't necessarily a top 10 lock from what I was seeing around the web a month or more ago, but quite a few people whose opinions I usually agree with had him top 10 or even top 5 and now TDN just came out with their inital top 25 and had him at #3 just behind Will Anderson and Jalen Carter!

I think corner is a good place to start. Cam Smith was Jaycee Horn's running mate as a Redshirt Freshman in 2020 and took over as CB1 for the Gamecocks in 2021. I really liked what I saw last year in live viewings and the little I've checked out this summer. I think I'm gonna start studying corners more soon cause I'm semi optimistic this will be the year we take one in the 1st or 2nd round assuming we don't have to trade up for a QB, but he's a name that probably goes outside the top 10 that we could target in the mid 1st. Only problem with him is we play a lot of zone coverage and he mainly plays man at SC. Doesn't mean he can't transition to a more zone heavy scheme, but it will probably be a transition for him. Also, not trying to be an ageist, but he’ll be is the oldest of the top corners at 22.5 right now. He’ll be over 23.5 years old before he ever plays a snap for us and turning 24 shortly after his rookie year. Maybe that brings him downs little, but if he’s worth the pick and can start day 1 it doesn’t really matter much.

I need to check out Kyu Blu Kelly more in depth for sure with TDN putting him at 25, but I remember being impressed with him when USC played Stanford. He had some very good reps against London and held him to his lowest output of the season at 68 yards. The next closest game as far as production was 81 yards against Stanford. The rest of the games London had between 130-171 yards. He'll be a tough sell for Eagles fans who still have PAC 12 corner Sidney Jones fresh in the memory bank lol.

Garrett Williams from Syracuse is a guy I really want to watch soon as well. I've heard a lot of good things and he's played a lot of zone coverage, so he would be a good fit and just from clips I've seen on Twitter I love how he isn't afraid to attack downhill against the run. I think he's gonna be a guy the Eagles and Gannon could be quite interested in with another really good year.

I like Isaiah Foskey's floor a lot already and hoping he can put together a great year to raise his stock into that middle of the 1st range where we would be prime to take him. Love his long arm move. Notre Dame played him all over. He even lined up at stack LB and looked nice in coverage for a guy of his size. I'd like an EDGE with some size to them (Murphy 275 / Foskey 260) that can do a good job of setting the edge. Graham was so good at that for so long, but he's gonna be 35 next year.

That versatility like Ben points out might have done him a disservice cause he didn't get to get comfortable and master one spot.

If we drafted him it would allow us to do even more 3-4 looks.

Barnett and Sweat don't move like him in reverse or laterally. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...