> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Richardson definitely has all the tools and talent. But he doesn't seem to process the game well to this point. He's still incredibly raw and under no circumstances should start year 1 in the NFL. Heck I think he might have to sit 2 years before the coaches might be able to have confidence in him. And that's assuming he gets a great coaching staff around him. To me he's like Jalen but more talented.

On 9/4/2022 at 3:50 AM, Danger said:

Richardson definitely has all the tools and talent. But he doesn't seem to process the game well to this point. He's still incredibly raw and under no circumstances should start year 1 in the NFL. Heck I think he might have to sit 2 years before the coaches might be able to have confidence in him. And that's assuming he gets a great coaching staff around him. To me he's like Jalen but more talented.

Yeah. A lot of people throwing out the Cam Newton comparison. He does have a huge arm and he’s a big boy at like 6’4” 240. I think Hurts is 6’0” 220. All of them are physically strong as hell and tough runners. They make a lot of their best plays out of structure. But, I saw some solid mechanics on some of the throws with his feet in sync. I think he had a pretty solid outing as a passer. He’s barely played any football in college whatsoever. He threw like 60 something passes last year. I’ll give him time to progress as a passer. For all we know he can come back next season and enter the draft in 2024. Brian Johnson was Anthony’s primary recruiter as the QB coach and then Offensive Coordinator his true freshman season for the 2020 COVID year. I could see betting on his traits if he shows progress over the course of the season and plays well against good opponents. This is just a good start to the year for him. 

I wish he had better weapons around him than he does at Florida, but oh well. He’s a kid born and raised in Gainesville, so I get why he’s still a Gator.

I think it’s gonna be pretty obvious the Giants with Daboll and Schoen will be selecting a QB next year more likely than not and a guy that was there for someone like Josh Allen with his cannon arm and size/running ability who was raw and inaccurate. If he interviews well at the combine and private visits, then he can go pretty high.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

46 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

If Richardson continues his level of play he showed against Utah he'll be the first QB and possibly the first player drafted.

I looked at the box score for this game admittedly, but that certainly didn't turn my head. 

Still can't see him being taken over Stroud or Young at this point at least.

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

I looked at the box score for this game admittedly, but that certainly didn't turn my head. 

Still can't see him being taken over Stroud or Young at this point at least.

More athletic than stroud and taller than young.

You know how NFL GMs like QBs to look like QBs.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

More athletic than stroud and taller than young.

You know how NFL GMs like QBs to look like QBs.

That is true, but Richardon's tape last year was unimpressive. Sounds like the tape looked better this past Saturday, but it's one game and I haven't judged it for myself.

Devin Leary didn't look good in week 1, but he got the W.

Looks like Will Rogers, Hendon Hooker, and Van Dyke played well, but I didn't watch them at all.

Hooker vs Slovis and Rogers vs Richardson this week. Should be fun to watch.

Edited by Jeezla

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Hooker vs Slovis and Rogers vs Richardson this week. Should be fun to watch.

Rogers isn't playing Richardson. It's Levis vs. Richardson which is still appointment television.

Also, Jalen Hurts is going into his 3rd year in the NFL and is 8 months younger than Hendon Hooker lol.