> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, Scalamania said:

They also wanted McCaffery right? They were linked to HaHa whatever year that was. 

I don’t doubt that corner is an option but for everyone to dismiss safety/RB because “HOWIE WOULD NEVER” is silly given the overall track record. 

Ya. I mean you never know what they will do for sure, but I do think the likelihood of drafting a CB would be higher than a Safety which would be higher than an RB. Will be interesting to see what they do this year in terms of value vs draft position.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

People on this board- “we’ll never draft a safety or running back in the first round! Howie would never!”.   

Also people on this board - “here’s my mock draft with a corner in the first round!”.

Meanwhile the Eagles haven’t drafted a CB in the first round in two decades. 

I do honestly think Howie doesnt want to even give a running back a first round pick contract.

I do think he would take a safety if it was the right player. Don't think that guy exists in this draft however.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:31 PM, ninjapirate said:

I do honestly think Howie doesnt want to even give a running back a first round pick contract.

I do think he would take a safety if it was the right player. Don't think that guy exists in this draft however.

Is Branch not worthy? All I've read about him he seems like a stud from what others are saying. I didn't keep a close eye on him during the year and highlights can't be trusted majority of the time. 

On 3/16/2023 at 5:31 PM, ninjapirate said:

I bet Howie likes Sydney Brown. And Daniel Scott. Good Senior Bowls + good combines.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Is Branch not worthy? All I've read about him he seems like a stud from what others are saying. I didn't keep a close eye on him during the year and highlights can't be trusted majority of the time. 

Why would you take a safety in the first that isn't a great athlete?

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Why would you take a safety in the first that isn't a great athlete?

I'm asking. I haven't watched enough of him to really say either way. Going off your last message I thought maybe you could give me a better idea

So he's not a great athlete? What's the appeal to the scouts then? 

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

1 minute ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'm asking. I haven't watched enough of him to really say either way. Going off your last message I thought maybe you could give me a better idea

He is a good player I just don't want to spend a premium pick on a lesser position unless that player is special.

Kyle Hamilton dropped last year because he ran a very similar time to Branch. Hamilton is 30 lbs bigger than Branch.

So Branch is a guy I would never consider at 10 and he probably doesnt make it to 30.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He is a good player I just don't want to spend a premium pick on a lesser position unless that player is special.

Kyle Hamilton dropped last year because he ran a very similar time to Branch. Hamilton is 30 lbs bigger than Branch.

So Branch is a guy I would never consider at 10 and he probably doesnt make it to 30.

Yeah that makes sense. I would've been upset if we picked Hamilton last year so I guess branch falls into that category. 

Yeah 10 is was too high. Plus Howie would probably never even consider it even if he was worth it.

Have a feeling we won't be picking at 30. It's gonna get traded one way or another. Either up or down

While I understand that like RB, LB and Safety, Howie has also not drafted a CB in the first round; I don't think you can count CB in the same way you can with those other positions. The general league consensus is that CB is more important than those other positions. Howie's allocation of resources/cap space to the position demonstrates that he also values the position relatively highly. In any given year, I'd be far less surprised to see the Eagles use a high first round pick on CB than a RB, LB or S. However, the further you get in the draft the less positional value matters. Pick 10 is very different than pick 30. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie spent pick 30 on any position besides P,K,LS, etc. I would be surprised if Howie spent pick 10 on a RB or LB.

I know it's not going to happen. I understand fully that in no way should it happen with positional value BS!

However I'd love to know just how potent and challenging it would be for NFL defenses to stop this Eagles Offense with  all of its weapons which includes year 4 Jalen Hurts at QB .....and Bijan Robinson?

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know it's not going to happen. I understand fully that in no way should it happen with positional value BS!

However I'd love to know just how potent and challenging it would be for NFL defenses to stop this Eagles Offense with  all of its weapons which includes year 4 Jalen Hurts at QB .....and Bijan Robinson?

Impossible to stop. I'm on the Bijan train even though I also know it's not gonna happen. I'll settle for Gibbs too. Charbonet as the last of the 3 if we take one after the mid 2nd+

8 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

theres a better chance the eagles dont take a running back at all then there is they take Bijan.

• Like 1

Seems like most of us want to trade #10 for #17 (PIT) or #18 (DET) and another 2nd.
Per usual, round 2 gonna have some steak, and we'd all like two or three bites at it.
That's gonna be the sweet spot for a Safety, RB, OG, Quez upgrade, or CB to groom, and I'm sure we'd all like to make a round 2 pick earlier than 62nd overall. It would be nice to pick before NYG and DAL do in round 2.

Edited by Jeezla