> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, Jeezla said:

Seems like most of us want to trade #10 for #17 (PIT) or #18 (DET) and another 2nd.
Per usual, round 2 gonna have some steak, and we'd all like two or three bites at it.
That's gonna be the sweet spot for a Safety, RB, OG, Quez upgrade, or CB to groom, and I'm sure we'd all like to make a round 2 pick earlier than 62nd overall.

With the comp picks next year, suspect they’ll use some of those to move day two.

especially if we can get at least one additional pick in that 32-100 range

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

With the comp picks next year, suspect they’ll use some of those to move day two.

especially if we can get at least one additional pick in that 32-100 range

Our comp picks next year are all like 6 and 7th rounders besides Hargrave. They won't really allow us to maneuver much. If you packaged up all of our comp picks they probably add up to like the 10th pick of the 3rd round.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Our comp picks next year are all like 6 and 7th rounders besides Hargrave. They won't really allow us to maneuver much. If you packaged up all of our comp picks they probably add up to like the 10th pick of the 3rd round.

It’s not finalized yet, but the Isaac pick has a chance to be a 5th. It just kicked McGovern (Cowboys) out of the last 5th round slot via OverTheCap’s comp pick cancellation chart.

Obviously we thought we would get more since we figured one of Bradberry or CJGJ would’ve got paid big by another team, but neither happened. 

8 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It’s not finalized yet, but the Isaac pick has a chance to be a 5th. It just kicked McGovern (Cowboys) out of the last 5th round slot via OverTheCap’s comp pick cancellation chart.

Obviously we thought we would get more since we figured one of Bradberry or CJGJ would’ve got paid big by another team, but neither happened. 

right now we should be at 1 3 and 3 5s right?

22 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Wouldn't mind taking Darius Rush and moving him to safety. A little too old to be "groomed" at cb for a year or two behind Slay, but he could probably play FS with his size and solid tackling ability.

He will only be 23 when the season starts.

And no one is taking a 6'2" corner who runs a 4.36 and moving him to safety.

Sign Bobby Wagner MLB
Sign Matt Ioannidis DT

1-10 traded to HOU for 1-12 + 3-73
1-12 traded to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49
1-17 traded to LAC for 1-21 + 3-85

1-21 Adetomiwa Adebawore DE or Nolan Smith OLB (If we're going to more 3/4 looks)
1-30 Keeanu Benton DT 
2-49 Zach Charbonnet RB
2-62 Darius Rush S/CB
3-73 Tre Palmer WR
3-85 YaYa Diaby DE
3-94 Jon Gaines RG
7-219 Payne Durham TE
7-248 Drake Thomas LB

UDFA
Stetson Bennett QB
Adam Korsak P
Ben VanSumeren LB
Xazavian Valladay RB
Nehemiah Shelton CB
Marte Mapu S
Nesta Jade Silvera DT
Grant DuBose WR

That would basically be the dream as of now. Would like to add S Daniel Scott as well, but not sure what trade to do to make that happen.

Edited by Jeezla

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He will only be 23 when the season starts.

And no one is taking a 6'2" corner who runs a 4.36 and moving him to safety.

Yea, so if we took him to eventually replace Slay, he'd be 25 by the time he starts.

He might be better at safety, you never know. 6'2" 200, and he doesn't mind tackling. Wouldn't mind him playing single high and reading the QB's eyes. He looked better when the WR is in front of him in coverage vs running hip to hip in man. He can probably play either CB or S with the right coaches, and you might get the most bang for your buck out of him as a swiss army safety ala Malcolm Jenkins, but even more athletic. I think a lot of average CB's could be good safeties if they were willing to tackle/not a liability vs the run with their pursuit angles. Rush doesn't bring the boom, but he can do just about anything else you want a modern safety to do. That might even be where the league is heading- 2 extra CB's that can tackle, rather than 2 traditional safeties.

Edited by Jeezla

27 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Sign Bobby Wagner MLB
Sign Matt Ioannidis DT

1-10 traded to HOU for 1-12 + 3-73
1-12 traded to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49
1-17 traded to LAC for 1-21 + 3-85

1-21 Adetomiwa Adebawore DE or Nolan Smith OLB (If we're going to more 3/4 looks)
1-30 Keeanu Benton DT 
2-49 Zach Charbonnet RB
2-62 Darius Rush S/CB
3-73 Tre Palmer WR
3-85 YaYa Diaby DE
3-94 Jon Gaines RG
7-219 Payne Durham TE
7-248 Drake Thomas LB

UDFA
Stetson Bennett QB
Adam Korsak P
Ben VanSumeren LB
Xazavian Valladay RB
Nehemiah Shelton CB
Marte Mapu S
Nesta Jade Silvera DT
Grant DuBose WR

That would basically be the dream as of now. Would like to add S Daniel Scott as well, but not sure what trade to do to make that happen.

Benton in the first?????

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't take any DT in the first round this year, even if it's a need.

We pick 30th, and there aren't 30+ people with 1st round grades. Most likely the guy we take at 30 is going to be more of a 2nd round quality prospect, and I like Bentons upside, which I think he showed at the Senior Bowl, where he owned basically every OL he went against. I think Benton has Hargrave type Potential, and at worst he's Timmy Jernigan. Benton might not be a "1st round pick", but the value isn't far off, imo. Like 10 picks too early. I'd rather be 10 picks too early than 1 pick too late, as long as he hits.

What guy would you have taken at 30, that most likely will be available? 

Edited by Jeezla

50 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We pick 30th, and there aren't 30+ people with 1st round grades. Most likely the guy we take at 30 is going to be more of a 2nd round quality prospect, and I like Bentons upside, which I think he showed at the Senior Bowl, where he owned basically every OL he went against. I think Benton has Hargrave type Potential, and at worst he's Timmy Jernigan. Benton might not be a "1st round pick", but the value isn't far off, imo. Like 10 picks too early. I'd rather be 10 picks too early than 1 pick too late, as long as he hits.

What guy would you have taken at 30, that most likely will be available? 

I forgot all about Timmy Jernigan.

A shame his back gave out on him.

On 3/18/2023 at 10:53 PM, Folesadelphia said:

While I understand that like RB, LB and Safety, Howie has also not drafted a CB in the first round; I don't think you can count CB in the same way you can with those other positions. The general league consensus is that CB is more important than those other positions. Howie's allocation of resources/cap space to the position demonstrates that he also values the position relatively highly. In any given year, I'd be far less surprised to see the Eagles use a high first round pick on CB than a RB, LB or S. However, the further you get in the draft the less positional value matters. Pick 10 is very different than pick 30. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie spent pick 30 on any position besides P,K,LS, etc. I would be surprised if Howie spent pick 10 on a RB or LB.

Brian Branch at #10 and Drew Sanders at #30