> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

5 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So as of now we have for tge 2024 Draft

1- 7th rd pick

5- 6th rd picks

2 - 5th rd picks

1 - 3rd rd pick.

Can you trade future Comp pics in this years draft?

You can’t trade them before you get them technically.

Suppose you could structure a conditional for it though.

13 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So as of now we have for tge 2024 Draft

1- 7th rd pick

5- 6th rd picks

2 - 5th rd picks

1 - 3rd rd pick.

Can you trade future Comp pics in this years draft?

Pretty sure this is wrong?

We should have 

2 3rds
1 4th
4 5ths
2 6ths
0 7ths

EDIT: Oh you're just listing what's show on the chart. You get a max of 4 comp picks, and I added in what picks we'd have via trades and our own default picks.

Sign Matt Ioannidis DT

1-10 traded to HOU for 1-12 + 3-73
1-12 traded to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49
1-30 + 3-94 traded to AZ for 2-34 + 3-66 (Maybe toss in Quez)

1-17 Ade Adebawore DE (I feel like he'd get Travon Walker comps if he was 2" taller and his arms were 1" longer)
2-34 Keeanu Benton DT - There is no player in this draft that makes more sense for us (defensively), imo
2-49 RB (Gibbs/Charizard/Spears) No secret I prefer the Charmander, but I'd take any of them
2-62 WR (Hyatt/Rice/Mingo/Mims) I haven't really watched a lot of WR tape, but these guys seem solid
3-66 Jon Gaines RG (Or Tippman/Stromberg OG/C)
3-73 Daniel Scott S (have a feeling more than a few will mock Sydney Brown to us at #30 or in the 2nd, but I wanted to go a different route, and Scott looks just about as good as Brown to my eyes. Brown might be younger tho)
7-219 Drake Thomas LB (And he would probably start at MLB by week 10)
7-248 Stetson Bennett QB (We need somebody at QB, he wins, and he has enough arm to make all the throws. Wish he weighed more and looked less like a D-bag, but he probably goes in round 4 if he was 215 lbs)

Me nicknaming Charbonnet The Charmander basically guarantees he goes to Washington and becomes a Commander, so I apologize for that in advance.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

At a month out, yep I’m fairly sure they are taking Nolan Smith with their first pick.

Just ticks too many Eagles boxes.

Read an SI interview with him the other day, and it sounds like he’d also be very into coming here…not that that matters too much.

17 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

At a month out, yep I’m fairly sure they are taking Nolan Smith with their first pick.

Read an SI interview with him the other day, and it sounds like he’d also be very into coming here…not that that matters too much.

Who will be the CB we talk about the next 4 years that we should have taken instead of Smith while we wait for him to make an impact ??

19 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Are we switching to a 3-4? Only way I see Nolan Smith really fitting in our scheme. He's pretty small for a 4-3 EDGE at 6'2" 230ish

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Smith at #10 is a massive overdraft - he tested extremely well but as someone who watches a lot of SEC football he never really impressed me; it could just be me but I am not as high on Smith as others and I don't think he'll be anything special in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Who will be the CB we talk about the next 4 years that we should have taken instead of Smith while we wait for him to make an impact ??

JPJ will go to a team that would actually use him right and every team who picked before him will think he’d be the same in their more zones/off system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Are we switching to a 3-4? Only way I see Nolan Smith really fitting in our scheme. He's pretty small for a 4-3 EDGE at 6'2" 230ish

They never really shy away from those guys regardless, but signs are potentially pointing to more of a 3-4 or expanded 5-2 being implemented more. 

He’s smaller but like BG, pretty solid run defender already.

I think of like how they handled Tightend, they drafted Goedert when Ertz was 28 (which he himself is at now and Reddick is this year). Think edge is a similarly important position to them if not more. So even if it is rotational (like they always do), don’t think that’d matter to them. 

Reddick has two more years on his deal, with a probable rework after this season with how it’s structured.

22 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Smith at #10 is a massive overdraft - he tested extremely well but as someone who watches a lot of SEC football he never really impressed me; it could just be me but I am not as high on Smith as others and I don't think he'll be anything special in the NFL. 

It might not even be at #10, maybe a small trade down. But looking at this draft class more and more, don’t see how he isn’t a top 20 pick. 

The combine was great, but really just looking at his tape, his interviews…it just lines up with what we do.

I was just thinking about a lot of what Howie said in the Kelce interview, they expect this guy to be a big part of their team for 6+ years. Hopefully filling in for your stalwart captains as they leave soon.

Type of dude Nolan is, can see them liking the idea of adding him to a young core on Defense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

It might not even be at #10, maybe a small trade down. But looking at this draft class more and more, don’t see how he isn’t a top 20 pick. 

The combine was great, but really just looking at his tape, his interviews…it just lines up with what we do.

I was just thinking about a lot of what Howie said in the Kelce interview, they expect this guy to be a big part of their team for 6+ years. Hopefully filling in for your stalwart captains as they leave soon.

Type of dude Nolan is, can see them liking the idea of adding him to a young core on Defense.

Honestly, him in the first round is an overdraft. I have no doubts that he's a great athlete and that he interviews well but he's not a first round EDGE player and maybe we look for different things but the tape isn't all that great. I don't think he has the tools and/or size to win as a pass rusher in the NFL and I think he's going to be pretty underwhelming, much like Derek Barnett. 

It makes sense for Howie to select him because it seems like that's par for the course for our first round selections but I think everyone is caught up in the athlete/person Nolan Smith is (and maybe getting caught up in the belief that he could be the next Micah Parson) and ignoring the fact that he's just not a good EDGE rusher. Obviously I could wrong but he's one guy I don't think fairly highly of as a prospect and it's not because he went to UGA.