> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Ugh... If we get another edge player that has to use the "at least he gets pressures" crutch for his entire career...

I get it, especially after DB.

But being able to do both, stop the run and pass, is a skill. Think the larger point of that data if you are looking at Nolan Smith is waving off the box score scouting arguments against him. It’s going to continue to be a thing with Georgia players that they will be hurt in evaluation do to the way they platoon down there.

If you watch him, having the athletics to get to the QB and finish doesn’t seem to be an issue. Plus he seems to be the type of dude that’s going to put in the work to get there. Which in a situation where he can learn from BG and Reddick, play with one of his best friends (Nakobe) and another in JD….would have to feel good about him developing.

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Yeah our franchise isn't the most storied. 

I dunno. Our All Time team stacks up pretty well I think. Most good teams have a better QB than McNabb though.  Defensively though, it’s really good. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I dunno. Our All Time team stacks up pretty well I think. Most good teams have a better QB than McNabb though.  Defensively though, it’s really good. 

But most of all all time greats didn't play here for their second half of their careers I think, hence why someone like Graham who is just a home town hero instead of an all time great has that accolade. Well that and our now long lasting inability of drafting and developing a franchise edge rusher.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

If you watch him, having the athletics to get to the QB and finish doesn’t seem to be an issue. Plus he seems to be the type of dude that’s going to put in the work to get there. Which in a situation where he can learn from BG and Reddick, play with one of his best friends (Nakobe) and another in JD….would have to feel good about him developing.

He is friends with Nakobe? Genuinely asking. 

I think Reddick would be a great mentor in terms of finishing, BG on the other hand, that has always been his biggest flaw. He is a great leader though. 

You may be right about the Georgia players though, it is going to be interesting how they pan out in the NFL.

20 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

He is friends with Nakobe? Genuinely asking. 

I think Reddick would be a great mentor in terms of finishing, BG on the other hand, that has always been his biggest flaw. He is a great leader though. 

You may be right about the Georgia players though, it is going to be interesting how they pan out in the NFL.

Yeah he talked about that here along with liking the fit for him in Philly.

Have you been keeping up with any of your former Georgia teammates who’ve already made it to the league?

I talk to a lot of my teammates all the time. I’ll talk to Nakobe [Dean], Travon [Walker]. A lot of the time I’ve been training with those guys and I’m gonna be training with them hopefully soon this coming offseason.

You’ve got Nakobe Dean and Jordan Davis in Philadelphia. Have you talked to them about the possibility of you getting picked there?

Yes. I’ve talked to them about that. If I get picked with him and JD [Davis] it would just be a dream come true. Just to have the Georgia boys back together again, hanging out, kicking it on the weekends, spending time together. It would be amazing.

I think BG could be good at showing him how to win with leverage, adding to power moves, adapting that run stopping ability he had in college for a smaller guy. Like if Nolan’s ceiling is like 80% of what Reddick is with a little more points towards run stopping and setting the edge, I think people would be fairly happy with it. Especially with how much of a team guy he is.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Alright I’ve made up my mind. I want a small trade back to the teens and a JSN pick. Who is stopping this offense with JSN in the slot? We need to score 40? Ok no problem   

I voted for him in that gm mock

f it, blow teams out.

Traded 1.10 to Houston for 1.12 and 3.73

Traded 1.12 to Pittsburgh for 1.17 and 3.80

17. Nolan Smith | Edge | Georgia 

30. Brian Branch | S | Alabama

62. Cody Mauch | OL | North Dakota State

73. Gervon Dexter | DL | Florida

80. Henry To'oto'o | LB | Alabama

94. Darius Rush | CB | South Carolina

219. Jalen Redmond | DL | Oklahoma 

248. Jalen Moreno-Cropper | WR | Fresno State

Given the additions of LV and Suh last year,  are DT like Mazi Smith and Siaki Ika off people's boards?

I keep thinking you put either next to Jordan Davis, who can you actually Dbl team on the front 4?

Yes I believe Davis can play 3 downs, can rush the passer, not come off the field on every 3rd down moving forward.  Georgia had so many top recruits, had so many teams blowout, there was no need for JD to play 60% of the snaps. Given our rotation and coming off injury, no need last year either.

So I don't believe it would be the Eagles having just two run stuffing DT but TWO immovable objects, players hard to keep from disrupting the pocket up the middle.

Mazi Smith

DT Michigan

Height: 6 - 3 | Weight: 323 | RAS:

At 6’3″, 337 pounds, Smith has a massive, naturally well-leveraged frame. With his size, he can shrug off chip blocks and absorb double-teams.

Of course, it’s well-advertised that Smith isn’t just incredibly big. He’s very athletic, too. That much was clear when he was the top freak on Feldman’s Freaks list in the summer. Per Feldman, Smith has a 33″ vertical jump, a 9’4.5″ broad jump, and an absurd 6.95 three-cone time. He’s also logged 22 reps of 325 pounds on the bench press. At the NFL Combine, the weight utilized is 225.

-Ian Cummings

Siaki Ika

DT Baylor

Height: 6 - 2 | Weight: 335 | RAS: 2.59

Like Jordan Davis in the previous cycle, Ika is the very definition of “two on me, somebody’s free.” In the games studied, he was routinely double-teamed due to the threat that his size — combined with other factors we’re about to discuss — presents to an offense. Football is a simple numbers game in some respects, and when one player commands the attention of two of his opponents, the equation is favorable for the team with the 6’4″, 358-pound man-mountain patrolling their side of the trenches.

-Oliver Hodgkinson

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Drew rosenhaus convinced that carter doesn't fall past the eagles at 10

He won't. Probably doesn't make it past Detroit,  definitely not Chicago. 

Only question will be will Howie trade up with Atlanta if he makes it #7?

You would think, if any organization in the top 10 knows or has been informed enough on Jalen Carter the player and his character it would be the Eagles.

Having both Nakobe and Jordan as former college teammates (1 yr ago) also brought in Georgia DC for an interview. I'm sure his scheme and use of players including Carter were asked about.

Edited by Nabbs4u