> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Top 3 to 5 "Wants" at each position of need, in order of where I rank them, combined with their perceived round/draft range value.

Backup QB - Stetson - Duggan - DeMorat (picking 3 was tough)
RB - Charbonnet - Abanikanda - Spears - Bijan - Gibbs
TE2 - Kincaid - Mayer - Musgrave - Washington - Durham/Kuntz
WR -  Addison - Rice - Palmer - Mims - Moreno-Cropper
Backup OT that could play RG - Bergeron - Duncan - Steen - Wanya Morris - Anton 
RG - Gaines - Mauch - Torrence - Stromberg - Tippman

Edge - Adebawore - McDonald - Foskey - Anudike-Uzomah - Diaby
DT - Benton - Young - Brooks - Ojomo - Pickens/Stills/Turner (ok, I cheated)
MLB - This MLB class is straight turds. Simpson and Henley are both better off as WLB's in a 4-3 vs playing MLB. Sanders and Campbell are both meh in the instincts and coverage department. Hard times for finding quality MLB's I tell ya, hard times.
OLB - Pappoe - Henley - Nolan Smith - Dennis - Mapu
Outside CB under age 29 - Banks - Forbes - Smith - Rush - Ringo
Slot CB for when Maddox inevitably gets hurt for 4-7 weeks - Clark - Phillips - Thomas V - Hodges-Tomlinson - Jamison
S - Brown - Scott - Bennett - Branch - Jammie
P - Baringer - Turk - Korsak

42 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Top 3 to 5 "Wants" at each position of need, in order of where I rank them, combined with their perceived round/draft range value.

Backup QB - Stetson - Duggan - DeMorat (picking 3 was tough)
RB - Charbonnet - Abanikanda - Spears - Bijan - Gibbs
TE2 - Kincaid - Mayer - Musgrave - Washington - Durham/Kuntz
WR -  Addison - Rice - Palmer - Mims - Moreno-Cropper
Backup OT that could play RG - Bergeron - Duncan - Steen - Wanya Morris - Anton 
RG - Gaines - Mauch - Torrence - Stromberg - Tippman

Edge - Adebawore - McDonald - Foskey - Anudike-Uzomah - Diaby
DT - Benton - Young - Brooks - Ojomo - Pickens/Stills/Turner (ok, I cheated)
MLB - This MLB class is straight turds. Simpson and Henley are both better off as WLB's in a 4-3 vs playing MLB. Sanders and Campbell are both meh in the instincts and coverage department. Hard times for finding quality MLB's I tell ya, hard times.
OLB - Pappoe - Henley - Nolan Smith - Dennis - Mapu
Outside CB under age 29 - Banks - Forbes - Smith - Rush - Ringo
Slot CB for when Maddox inevitably gets hurt for 4-7 weeks - Clark - Phillips - Thomas V - Hodges-Tomlinson - Jamison
S - Brown - Scott - Bennett - Branch - Jammie
P - Baringer - Turk - Korsak

You are going to be disappointed when we take Broderick Jones (whom I love btw).

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

I think it's more likely you're going to be disappointed when we don't take Broderick Jones. 

Who do you think we take? I am shocked a lot of people think that Howie will not go OLine... I think Jones is the pick if CHI doesn't take him but I think they will (especially if Paris Johnson goes to LV)

7 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Who do you think we take? I am shocked a lot of people think that Howie will not go OLine... I think Jones is the pick if CHI doesn't take him but I think they will (especially if Paris Johnson goes to LV)

He'll draft Skoronski before Jones if that were the case. Skoronski can move inside to RG. Jones would be the long play for Lane, I guess?. Which I don't think Howie drafts, immediately after his restructure?

Taking Skoronski would mean a camp battle between him and Cam for RG. With Swing tackle capabilities. Not ideal, but you are talking about solidifying the OL for years to come when Jason retires after this season.

Definitely a Howie pick.

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

He'll draft Skoronski before Jones if that were the case. Skoronski can move inside to RG. Jones would be the long play for Lane, I guess?. Which I don't think Howie drafts, immediately after his restructure?

Taking Skoronski would mean a camp battle between him and Cam for RG. With Swing tackle capabilities. Not ideal, but you are talking about solidifying the OL for years to come when Jason retires after this season.

Definitely a Howie pick.

Highly doubt we take a guard which is what Skoronski is (Unless they see otherwise which is fair)... But why I think Jones is worth that #10 pick is due to the fact that he can move out to tackle with his athleticism. 

On the off chance we do take an O-Lineman in the first. I'd expect it to be Dawand Jones at 30.  RT. Massive. Big Potential. Perfect guy for Stout to have a year or two to mold.

But it's still going to be 2-3 years before Lane retires it would seem, so I hope we don't.

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

It’s not about taking an OL, it’s about taking the #3/#4 OL at 10. If we’re taking a lineman it’s either Skoronski or PJ. I’m not a Jones hater, I just don’t think he’s on our radar. 

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Highly doubt we take a guard which is what Skoronski is (Unless they see otherwise which is fair)... But why I think Jones is worth that #10 pick is due to the fact that he can move out to tackle with his athleticism. 

How could you highly doubt we’ll take a guard when that’s the possible need on the OL? You assume Howie will take a backup OL before at 10 before he’ll take a potential starer at 10?! Come on. 

1 hour ago, EAGLES3658 said:

Or CB, they have tried to take a CB high a couple times and they just haven't lasted that extra pick or two. 

The Eagles haven’t taken a CB in the first round in 20 years. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to take a CB and have consistently passed on them - I’d bet against a CB at 10. 

20 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The Eagles haven’t taken a CB in the first round in 20 years. They’ve had plenty of opportunities to take a CB and have consistently passed on them - I’d bet against a CB at 10. 

Probably, but there is a lot of context why they haven’t. Like having pro bowlers for most of those years

Root of it though is yeah I think they correctly identified they bust so often, so better to just sign them on their second deals or get guys you know can at least hang.

If it’s like a Sauce type prospect I think they’d take them, but guys like Witherspoon and Gonzalez kinda don’t see.

Especially in a class like this

11 hours ago, Scalamania said:

They were going to take Surtain or Horn if they were there just two years ago. They also one of the top teams in the league in paying CBs. They value the position. There typically aren't a lot of great CB prospects but if one is there I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles take one. 

Edited by EAGLES3658