> 2023 NCAA Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

(Assuming no trade Down)Unless Gonzalez or Carter drops, Nolan Smith is an Eagle. Book it 

Doubt it, but Howie is terrible at drafting (particularly on defense), so maybe. Very hard to picture Howie taking an LB in round 1 regardless, but if any GM is bad enough at scouting to take Nolan Smith top 10, it's probably Howie. I mean, we're literally less than a year removed from Howie making the same mistake of putting combine performance over actual game film, and over-drafting a guy by 20+ spots (30+ in Nolan Smiths case).

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Finally watched Keion White. Looks pretty similar to Tyree Wilson. Bull rush or bust. Gets neutralized pretty easily when his snap timing is a lil later than the OL. Straight ahead athlete. He shows some bend when he defends the run, but for some reason doesn't bend when pass rushing. Good run defender, but ceiling as a sack artist is probably 5-7. Probably best off as a 3/4 DE for a team like the Steelers.

I don't know who I like more between Spears and Abanikanda, but I really like both for this team.

Bijan
Char
Gibbs
Spears/Abanikanda

Just give me one of the 5 to pair with Gainwell, and I feel like we'll run on everyone.
Gibbs and Abanikanda do have that "50+ yard TD sprint at potentially any time" thing going on for them, where you just don't see them get tackled from behind in a foot race, but I also like the urgency/fearlessness that Spears/Bijan/Char hit the hole with.
Bijan is the best prospect, but I don't think the gap is huge, and I definitely don't assume Bijan will automatically put up the best stats. If Bijan goes to a bad team with a bad OL, and one of the other 4 comes here, I'm guessing the guy that comes here will look better (or at least be more efficient per snap) than Bijan.

Also don't think we can sleep on TE2 as a potentially early target. If Goedert goes down, we are effed, and it just wouldn't hurt to have a solid TE2 in general. The easiest way to upgrade Quez and slightly improve the run game at the same time is more 2 and 3 TE sets.

Edited by Jeezla

17 hours ago, Scalamania said:

How could you highly doubt we’ll take a guard when that’s the possible need on the OL? You assume Howie will take a backup OL before at 10 before he’ll take a potential starer at 10?! Come on. 

Please read my posts all the way thru…. I said you can move him to guard for the short term. The value for him (why you take him at #10) is that you can move him out to tackle if Lane or Mailata get hurt which is another problem we have. Driscoll is not a good enough backup at the tackle spots. Jones just provides more versatility than Skoronski. 

SI Mock doing what a lot of us get tempted to do in the sims and double trade down 

10) Projected trade: Buccaneers send picks No. 19, No. 50 and No. 153 to the Eagles for No. 10.

19) Projected trade: Vikings send picks No. 23 and No. 87 to the Eagles for No. 19 (received in the projected trade above).

When they actually pick

23) Philadelphia Eagles (via MIN): Calijah Kancey, IDL, Pittsburgh

30) Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Branch, S, Alabama

The picks aside… is 50, 87, 153 worth helping two NFC teams get QBs? It is a good zone of the draft to have 4 picks in. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

SI Mock doing what a lot of us get tempted to do in the sims and double trade down 

10) Projected trade: Buccaneers send picks No. 19, No. 50 and No. 153 to the Eagles for No. 10.

19) Projected trade: Vikings send picks No. 23 and No. 87 to the Eagles for No. 19 (received in the projected trade above).

When they actually pick

23) Philadelphia Eagles (via MIN): Calijah Kancey, IDL, Pittsburgh

30) Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Branch, S, Alabama

The picks aside… is 50, 87, 153 worth helping two NFC teams get QBs? It is a good zone of the draft to have 4 picks in. 

No sir. I don’t like it. 

You pick in the top 10, you should get a premium prospect. Or at least something in return premium. 9 spots in the first needs to include next years 1st, IMO. But there’s just not enough unless Howie really doesn’t like anyone at 10….which may well happen.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No sir. I don’t like it. 

You pick in the top 10, you should get a premium prospect. Or at least something in return premium. 9 spots in the first needs to include next years 1st, IMO. But there’s just not enough unless Howie really doesn’t like anyone at 10….which may well happen.  

Yeah if we are dropping 10 to 19, especially if you know they want the QB, gotta get that first. 

Very real chance the Bucs suck next year, get a top ten pick in a better draft next year and not lose too much going 10 to 19 in this one.

I am firmly in the "don't trade down from 10 twice" club. Trading down from 10 once is fine depending on who is on the board but twice? Absolutely not. Also not opposed to trading down from 30, but by that point, I think there will be a lot of players who line up with that pick's value.

31 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

No sir. I don’t like it. 

The trade w TB is pretty bad value wise - did NYG/CHI have a similar trade of like 9 or 10 spots down for Fields and NYG got their first and maybe 4th or 5th in the following draft?

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah if we are dropping 10 to 19, especially if you know they want the QB, gotta get that first. 

Very real chance the Bucs suck next year, get a top ten pick in a better draft next year and not lose too much going 10 to 19 in this one.

Much prefer that. Devin White just requested a trade so there’s that. 

But yea, if we don’t get one of the better prospects to slide to 10 then I’m all about kicking that pick to 2024. Just have to hope there’s a lot of teams looking for one of those QBs and the Eagles don’t like anyone at 10. 

I don’t know if my heart is just on Anderson or this draft isn’t really full on top talent because I feel like 10 this year is weak compared to 10 in others. I’d just prefer to punt and get multiple picks. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

The trade w TB is pretty bad value wise - did NYG/CHI have a similar trade of like 9 or 10 spots down for Fields and NYG got their first and maybe 4th or 5th in the following draft?

1st and 5th current year and 1st and 4th next year. About the same trade down. 20 to 11. And I still don’t think that’s enough lol. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Much prefer that. Devin White just requested a trade so there’s that. 

But yea, if we don’t get one of the better prospects to slide to 10 then I’m all about kicking that pick to 2024. Just have to hope there’s a lot of teams looking for one of those QBs and the Eagles don’t like anyone at 10. 

I don’t know if my heart is just on Anderson or this draft isn’t really full on top talent because I feel like 10 this year is weak compared to 10 in others. I’d just prefer to punt and get multiple picks. 

Lots of teams trade back from that 10 area usually where you just miss out on elite prospects 

I feel like Howie is only gonna trade down so far from 10.

Think its Jalen Carter at 10, if hes gone, He's gonna be willing to trade probably max 18th pick and then select Bijan Unless If its anything 19 on - Howie gets a 1st rounder next year and hopes of getting Bijan or settling for Smith / Van Ness / Kancey / Breesee / Torrence

I also Feel like if we get Carter at 10 , Howie could look to trade up from 30 to lower 20's and still snag Bijan

Jalen Carter and Bijan out of this draft would be an automatic homerun, especially if only giving up next years 2nd rounder to move up from 30. Top Offensive / Defensive Player of this draft both coming to philly with an already stacked roster. Sign me up. 

• Like 2