> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, Jeezla said:

That 30 spot is gonna have like 5 to 7 guys I really want all sitting there. Trade back from 10 for sure.

Same.

Plus to me the value of what you get back in a trade down from 30 should be a good bit worse. Even if a team isn’t moving up to 10 for a QB. Although I do hope Will Levis falls. Can’t see it happening with the other 3.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Foskey at 62? Okay

Foskey at 30? I’ll pass

I can’t picture us taking Kincaid.

I can picture us taking Kincaid. Or at least taking Kincaid before a slot WR upgrade.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I can picture us taking Kincaid. Or at least taking Kincaid before a slot WR upgrade.

We definitely aren’t taking a slot receiver in the 1st and probably not round 2 either.

I could see us trying to add to the TE room. I just don’t think it’ll be in the 1st and they probably want someone who is a bit better blocker.

6 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

they probably want someone who is a bit better blocker.

I'm guessing they'll take the better receiving TE over the better blocking TE. Besides Goedert, all of our TE's sucked at blocking. And this draft has like 3 TE's total that don't suck at blocking, and only 1 that is actually "good" at it- and let's face it- even Darnell Washington is going to get worked anytime he has to block a quality pass rusher.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Same, there is way more he’ll be able to do for you. Plus he can fill in when Goedert goes down, whereas you take some of the slots this draft and they won’t be able to play X for you without compromise.

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I'm guessing they'll take the better receiving TE over the better blocking TE. Besides Goedert, all of our TE's sucked at blocking. And this draft has like 3 TE's total that don't suck at blocking, and only 1 that is actually "good" at it- and let's face it- even Darnell Washington is going to get worked anytime he has to block a quality pass rusher.

I’d love to be wrong cause Kincaid can probably be one of the best receiving threats at TE in the league, but I just don’t see it. I think they are gonna want the second TE to be a better blocker for the run game just like when they drafted Goedert behind Ertz. Especially when you look at Goedert’s run blocking grades which have dropped from a career high 81.0 in 2020 to 68.9 in 2021 and a career low 56.4 this past season. He’s a better receiver now, but he’s not blocking as great as he used to. I also don’t think guys we’ve had since Goedert really matter as we didn’t spend high capital on any TE like Calcaterra was a 7th rounder. Stoll and Jackson were UDFAs.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

Updated prospect visit list

Adetomiwa Adebawore, Defensive End, Northwestern (COM)

Jayson Ademilola, Defensive Tackle, Notre Dame (PRI)

Aidan Borguet^, Running Back, Harvard (LOC, PRI)

Anthony Bradford, Offensive Tackle, LSU (COM)

Julius Brents^, Cornerback, Kansas State (COM, PRI)

Bryan Bresee, Defensive Tackle, Clemson (PRI)

Jalen Carter, Defensive Tackle, Georgia (PRI)

Braeden Daniels, Offensive Guard, Utah (PRI)

Gervon Dexter^, Defensive Tackle, Florida (COM, PRI)

Emmanuel Forbes, Cornerback, Mississippi State (PRI)

Bryce Ford-Wheaton, Wide Receiver, West Virginia (LOC)

Kahlef Hailassie, Cornerback, Western Kentucky (PRI)

Siaki Ika, Defensive Tackle, Baylor (PRO)

Andrei Iosivas, Wide Receiver, Princeton (LOC)

Paris Johnson, Offensive Guard, Ohio State (PRI)

Dawand Jones, Offensive Tackle, Ohio State (PRI)

Zach Kuntz, Tight End, Old Dominion (VIR)

Brodric Martin, Defensive Tackle, Western Kentucky (PRI)

Marvin Mims, Wide Receiver, Oklahoma (COM)

Wanya Morris, Offensive Tackle, Oklahoma (COM)

Myles Murphy, Defensive End, Clemson (PRI)

Lukas Van Ness, Defensive End, Iowa (PRI)

B.J. Ojulari, Defensive End, LSU (PRI)

Ivan Pace Jr, Linebacker, Cincinnati (VIR)

Joey Porter Jr., Cornerback, Penn State (PRI)

Jose Ramirez, Defensive End, Eastern Michigan (VIR)

Kelee Ringo^, Cornerback, Georgia (COM, PRI)

Bijan Robinson, Running Back, Texas (PRI)

Jaquelin Roy, Defensive Tackle, LSU (PRI)

Peter Skoronski, Offensive Guard, Northwestern (PRI)

Mazi Smith, Defensive Tackle, Michigan (PRI)

Nolan Smith, Outside Linebacker, Georgia (PRI)

Jason Taylor, Safety, Oklahoma State (PRI)

Starling Thomas, Cornerback, UAB (PRO)

Dorian Thompson-Robinson^, Quarterback, UCLA (COM, PRI)

Jake Witt, Offensive Tackle, Michigan Tech (WOR)

Byron Young, Defensive Tackle, Alabama (COM)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Same, wish it were tomorrow tbh. I'm gearing up to be disappointed as I read more and more draft stuff. 

Honestly the only like true nightmarish scenario I can think of is LVN at 10. I can be talked into most realistic scenarios. Although one of the dudes from PFF Stock Exchange had us taking Darnell Wright at 10 and that'd probably surpass LVN at 10 in terms of the absolute apocalyptic draft.

33 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Honestly the only like true nightmarish scenario I can think of is LVN at 10. I can be talked into most realistic scenarios. Although one of the dudes from PFF Stock Exchange had us taking Darnell Wright at 10 and that'd probably surpass LVN at 10 in terms of the absolute apocalyptic draft.

There's a few scenarios that will disappoint me - I've already pretty much prepared myself to be disappointed when we take Smith or Skoronski at 10; taking Darnell Wright at 10 would be the ultimate wtf moment for me. 

Think taking OL is the only disappointing move, not because I don’t get the thought behind it. It’s just seems excessive for the need there. Like take a more developmental guy later.

have a pretty good window right now. Get someone who can score points, get sacks or turnovers. Playmakers are needed.

There are levels to that, like don’t take a wideout round 1.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Think taking OL is the only disappointing move, not because I don’t get the thought behind it. It’s just seems excessive for the need there. Like take a more developmental guy later.

have a pretty good window right now. Get someone who can score points, get sacks or turnovers. Playmakers are needed.

There are levels to that, like don’t take a wideout round 1.

Agreed. We have Stout. That’s enough for us to be taking a pile of clay that he can work with later in the draft. 

The closer it gets, the more I want to abandon my philosophy, load up offense and just over power teams, score points, ball control, ToP demoralize defenses and make teams outscore us with limited opportunities.