> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I would need to see how Desai plans to use the safeties. I like Branch in certain roles, but not in a Malcolm Jenkins type role, where he's covering slot WR's a lot in man. If we use him more like Gannon used CGJ, then I'm good with Branch, but I wouldn't expect many INT's, just sound football.

I want him with the thinking that he'll be used in the CGJ role. I think his versatility, much like CGJ had, would be huge considering Maddox misses like 5 games per year. He's a starting safety and a great safety net for slot CB when Maddox inevitably goes down.

10 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

My top 10 realistic picks for 10th overall outside of Jalen Carter:

1. Devon Witherspoon

2. Christian Gonzalez

7. Brian Branch

8. Joey Porter Jr.

Not gonna happen.  Eagles just poured a ton of money into Slay and Bradberry, and have other needs to fill.

Eagles picks spent on defensive backs since Howie got control back from Chip Kelly.

2016 - 196, 233

2017 - 43, 99

2018 - 125

2020 - 127

2021 - 123, 224

7 drafts, only two top 100 picks used on a DB.

16 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not gonna happen.  Eagles just poured a ton of money into Slay and Bradberry, and have other needs to fill.

Eagles picks spent on defensive backs since Howie got control back from Chip Kelly.

2016 - 196, 233

2017 - 43, 99

2018 - 125

2020 - 127

2021 - 123, 224

7 drafts, only two top 100 picks used on a DB.

There's definitely a higher chance of them taking a CB at 10 than Bijan LOL

TRUTHFULLY. I think Howie trades back this year from 10 and takes a D-Lineman. Murphy or Van Ness.

• Like 1

The ultimate "2 Birds with 1 Stone" Draft.

10- Devon Witherspoon- backs up the old outside guys, plays slot CB and move Maddox to the Chauncy Slot/S role

30- Ade Adebawore- future BG role at EDGE and pass rush DT

62- Matthew Bergeron- 4 position versatility on the OL. Swing OT in case Lane or Jordan get hurt and potential long term answer at RG

11 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

10- Devon Witherspoon- backs up the old outside guys, plays slot CB and move Maddox to the Chauncy Slot/S role

I an curious if this might be a potential plan for Desai? It's the only way a CB gets taken in the 1st.

Which we know isn't happening. 

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

There's definitely a higher chance of them taking a CB at 10 than Bijan LOL

TRUTHFULLY. I think Howie trades back this year from 10 and takes a D-Lineman. Murphy or Van Ness.

Howie has traded a 1st rd pick in 5 of his last 6 drafts. Good chance it occurs again. Unless Carter is on the board then #30 is up for trade instead.

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not gonna happen.

As I posted in another thread, Howie has had 7 drafts since he regained control from Chip Kelly.

The Eagles have spent 2 top 100 picks on a DB over those 7 drafts.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not gonna happen.

As I posted in another thread, Howie has had 7 drafts since he regained control from Chip Kelly.

The Eagles have spent 2 top 100 picks on a DB over those 7 drafts.

Maybe not. The point is mainly with style of player and how there are options on how to fill multiple roles with 1 selection 

58 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

30- Ade Adebawore- future BG role at EDGE and pass rush DT

62- Matthew Bergeron- 4 position versatility on the OL. Swing OT in case Lane or Jordan get hurt and potential long term answer at RG

Ade not lasting til 30, and Bergeron likely drafted closer to 30 than 62

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Ade not lasting til 30

He is a workout wonder, and not a 1st round pick

Weaknesses
  • Lacks prototypical height and length of a defensive end.
  • Too caught up in playing the block rather than discarding it.
  • Below average awareness and instincts.
  • Pursuit burst to the sideline is just average.
  • Too many missed tackles.
  • Tight hips restrict ability to slide wide and improve pass-rush angles.
  • Offensive tackles with length and strong hands derail his rush plans quickly.

31 minutes ago, downundermike said:

He is a workout wonder, and not a 1st round pick

He was a beast at senior bowl practices, and too athletic not to take a chance on. The guy who went 1st overall last year was more workout warrior than player as well. As far as his length goes, he's longer than B Graham. If he loses 10 lbs, he'll basically be Justin Houston sized. Regardless, he's a unicorn athlete at DL, and those guys usually don't last long. Every NFL coach is going to assume they can coach him up better than Northwestern.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

We all know that Howie just going to take Skoronski and then the board will just be like "aRm LenGth!!!!!!!!"

Bears could take Skoronski. Some teams will have him over Paris (but not at OT)

If you view Skoronski as a RG/LG, which you basically have to with his arm length, then he's probably OL1 over your OT1, or you at least feel safer about him at OG than you do about Paris or Broderick protecting your QB's blind side.

I'm not sure if Howie would rate Skoronski as high as we think, if Howie doesn't see him as a potential RT as well. If Howie thinks Skoronski is OG or bust, then he's probably got him ranked closer to the 20's than #10. I think Howie would take Broderick Jones before Skoronski, and it's hard to picture Howie not taking someone from Georgia or Bama these days. 

I feel like Tyler Steen is going to be an Eagle.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1