> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Not in for that deal. Trading a future 1st (outside of a QB prospect) for a rookie prematurely isn’t good value. A 1st netted us AJ. If we’re just moving 1sts willy nilly, just hold it for established stars on the move. If we had the choice of picking Carter at 3 or staying at 10 and gaining a 1st, I think the majority would choose the latter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Not in for that deal. Trading a future 1st (outside of a QB prospect) for a rookie prematurely isn’t good value. A 1st netted us AJ. If we’re just moving 1sts willy nilly, just hold it for established stars on the move. If we had the choice of picking Carter at 3 or staying at 10 and gaining a 1st, I think the majority would choose the latter. 

I know I would. I'd love to add Carter back next to Davis but giving up next years 1st to do it. Any day 2 pick getting us infront of Chicago,  absolutely given the sheer volume of 2024 pick we are supposed to have, but not our 1st.

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think I've said this before but man I just feel like we're gonna get Carter by any means necessary.

Some good news in regard to that possibility.

Tony Pauline released a rumor column and said most people are just penciling in Carter at 5 to Seattle, but they aren’t so sure of what they wanna do.

Full quote:

Could Jalen Carter be Heading to Seattle?

The belief around the league is Seattle will use the fifth pick of the draft to select Jalen Carter, something I tweeted earlier this week. And while that may be the belief around the league, I can’t say that’s the feeling inside the Seattle war room.

There may be some hesitancy from Seattle to hand Carter the $30 million in guarantees that come along with selecting him as the fifth pick. There is a feeling that people outside the Seattle organization seem more confident of what the franchise will do with the fifth pick than the Seahawks themselves.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-rumors-cowboys-seahawks-2023/

Here are the Eagles tidbits from that rumor article:

This JSN one is interesting…

I definitely agree with Greg that this seems more like a smokescreen to try and convince somebody else to try and get ahead of us. Like I would love a trio of AJ, Smitty and JSN. But, AJ is signed through 2026 and that’s also the year DeVonta’s new extension would also have to kick in after the 5th year option in 2025. JSN’s 5th year option would come in 2027 the year after DeVonta’s big extension and the year after AJ will have become a FA. If they drafted JSN you would have to figure it would be hard or almost impossible to keep all 3 when the time comes. The 2025-2027 time frame when DeVonta, AJ and JSN would need to be paid is also the time when Hurts cap hits sky rocket. 

This definitely feels more like a smoke screen to me, but what do y’all think?

Drafting JSN at #10 would be overkill despite the obvious advantage of adding him to this receiving corps.

Howie might as well change his name to Matt Millan. We got lucky with Smitty, traded a 1st for AJ a year later and failed miserably with Reagor 3 years ago. 

Take the win, instead of using 4 1st rd picks on WR in 4 years. Pass! Obvious smoke show!

18 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

eagles were probably doing mock scenarios and JSN ended up being the best player on their board left multiple times.

Good to do the work on him.

That BPA better of been during trade down scenarios. At no point should JSN be top 10.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That BPA better of been during trade down scenarios. At no point should JSN be top 10.

You could easily argue he is a top 10 player on most boards. Especially if you don't have a QB need like we do. 

ninja's probably right. Doubt they take him, but if they stick to their board he could BPA. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

eagles were probably doing mock scenarios and JSN ended up being the best player on their board left multiple times.

Well said.

Doesn’t hurt to double check those guys. 

Plenty of positives doing it, I doubt any team in the 11-15 range will really think the Eagles would take him. But who knows, lots of people are saying it’s him then a drop. Titans, Texans, Pats and Packers need weapons. I don’t think the Jets would take him but maybe they do just pair him and Wilson back up.

Yeah he has a role here and is insurance for Devonta or AJ going down. Still can’t see it, but if they are just in a “f it, likes build a juggernaut” offense…I’m not going to be be the one who throws water on it. Score 40+ every way you can, burn through the NFC and go get a ring over whatever AFC team makes it through that gauntlet.

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:
9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Well said.

Doesn’t hurt to double check those guys. 

Plenty of positives doing it, I doubt any team in the 11-15 range will really think the Eagles would take him. But who knows, lots of people are saying it’s him then a drop. Titans, Texans, Pats and Packers need weapons. I don’t think the Jets would take him but maybe they do just pair him and Wilson back up.

Yeah he has a role here and is insurance for Devonta or AJ going down. Still can’t see it, but if they are just in a “f it, likes build a juggernaut” offense…I’m not going to be be the one who throws water on it. Score 40+ every way you can, burn through the NFC and go get a ring over whatever AFC team makes it through that gauntlet.

You guys don't think they've already done all their work on JSN already? The team with the GM who does more due diligence than probably anyone? This rumor popped up out of nowhere with no other mention of JSN this whole draft season. Literally none of their top 30 visits is a WR. They're all like OL, DL, or secondary. The receivers I've seen reports of us meeting with at the all star games and combine were really just day 2 or day 3 guys. No team in the league had a higher percentage of their receiving yardage go to the top 3 targets (Brown, Smith, & Goedert). Like I think JSN's talent in this weaker class is probably top 15, but I think its very likely this is just a smokescreen to try and get someone they want more (Jalen Carter) to fall to them by getting somebody to trade ahead of them for JSN. Whether it will work or not like you said is a different question.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

• Braxton Westfield, WR, Carson-Newman (Pro)
  • Manny Ramsey, WR, Fort Hays State (Pro)
  • Andrei Iosivas, WR, Princeton (Loc) (Pro)
  • Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State (CM)
  • Marvin Mims, WR, Oklahoma (FM*)
  • Jerome Kapp, WR, Kutztown (Loc)
  • A.T. Perry, WR, Wake Forest (NS)
  • Tre Tucker, WR, Cincinnati (NS)
  • Tyler Scott, WR, Cincinatti (NS)
  • Jose Barbon, WR, Temple (Loc)
  • Sean Ryan, WR, Rutgers (Loc)

Here are the Eagles known draft meetings with receivers throughout the draft process. 

The earliest we could go receiver with this group is probably 62 overall with Marvin Mims who rightfully started getting more buzz after he ran fast at the combine and people started going back to look at his film. 

I think the 3rd round is probably where we start considering receiver though. Maybe day 3 if we end up getting picks in a trade down.