> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

With all that said… if it were to be real and we did take JSN I’m gonna feel a lot better about the NFL player he’ll be than say Van Ness who is the most popular non-Bijan mock pick right now. Definitely don’t hate the player or anything, but we don’t have a lot of targets to go around. It just seems obvious what they are trying to do here.

15 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You guys don't think they've already done all their work on JSN already? The team with the GM who does more due diligence than probably anyone? This rumor popped up out of nowhere with no other mention of JSN this whole draft season. Literally none of their top 30 visits is a WR. They're all like OL, DL, or secondary. The receivers I've seen reports of us meeting with at the all star games and combine were really just day 2 or day 3 guys. No team in the league had a higher percentage of their receiving yardage go to the top 3 targets (Brown, Smith, & Goedert). Like I think JSN's talent in this weaker class is probably top 15, but I think its very likely this is just a smokescreen to try and get someone they want more (Jalen Carter) to fall to them by getting somebody to trade ahead of them for JSN. Whether it will work or not like you said is a different question.

Generally they should be checking in on all those guys again a week out. Mostly it’s posturing and muddying the water though, yeah. But in the off chance they have to take a pick, best to know how your top 10-15 are looking.

A week out this drops, yeah they want one of those teams to pop up for him. Carter is the pipe dream, but suspect they’ll need to move up for him. Guys that come to mind who could be going right before us would be Paris Johnson, Tyree Wilson, Skoronski, Nolan Smith. Skoronski I think would be there if he’s the last one there, and we can’t move, we take him. Consolation prize is a guard with all pro potential.

I suppose you could make the argument Bijan is also in that mix, Atlanta and Chicago being possible destinations for him. Some more clued in draft guys seem to have turned on the Bijan out of the top 20 pretty hard.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

With all that said… if it were to be real and we did take JSN I’m gonna feel a lot better about the NFL player he’ll be than say Van Ness who is the most popular non-Bijan mock pick right now. Definitely don’t hate the player or anything, but we don’t have a lot of targets to go around. It just seems obvious what they are trying to do here.

The role is so small, would rather it be a day 2 or early 3 if they get picks. That said right now Smith or Brown go down we are screwed depth wise. And this draft seems fairly weak at wideouts you feel great about day 1 outside of JSN.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

A week out this drops, yeah they want one of those teams to pop up for him.

Exactly.

Eagles are a pretty tight lipped organization, so it should tell you something this info popped up now.

Pauline did have the nugget last year that Jurgens wouldn’t make it past us in the 2nd round which was correct. I don’t doubt him as an insider. I just feel like he was probably fed this info.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Skoronski I think would be there if he’s the last one there, and we can’t move, we take him. Consolation prize is a guard with all pro potential.

I could definitely see that, but my hope if it’s not Carter will probably be for a trade down, so I hope one of the QBs falls cause that’s our best shot at it.

4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

suppose you could make the argument Bijan is also in that mix, Atlanta and Chicago being possible destinations for him. Some more clued in draft guys seem to have turned on the Bijan out of the top 20 pretty hard.

Yeah, I haven’t heard the Chicago buzz, but the Atlanta stuff has been everywhere lately. I could see Arthur Smith wanting him like he had a prime Derrick Henry in Tennessee. 

He’s one of my favorite players in this class, so I really hope he goes before he could end up with another NFCE team like Washington or god forbid… Dallas. Yuck.

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The role is so small, would rather it be a day 2 or early 3 if they get picks. That said right now Smith or Brown go down we are screwed depth wise. And this draft seems fairly weak at wideouts you feel great about day 1 outside of JSN.

This draft is just weak overall with high end talent.

I feel like opinions are gonna be so split on a lot of guys that we’ll see a bunch of ‘reach’ type picks the first day and into the first half of round 2.

26 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Here are the Eagles known draft meetings with receivers throughout the draft process. 

The earliest we could go receiver with this group is probably 62 overall with Marvin Mims who rightfully started getting more buzz after he ran fast at the combine and people started going back to look at his film. 

I think the 3rd round is probably where we start considering receiver though. Maybe day 3 if we end up getting picks in a trade down.

Iosivas, Perry or Mims I wouldn’t mind. Wish Perry had more weight behind that frame.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This draft is just weak overall with high end talent.

I feel like opinions are gonna be so split on a lot of guys that we’ll see a bunch of ‘reach’ type picks the first day and into the first half of round 2.

Yeah it’ll be divisive, 8-30 will be pocked with reaches…only thing it’ll differ greatly person to person. Like no consensus at least makes this a fun draft.

Like I think about a guy like Nolan Smith, I’m in the camp that he doesn’t leave 8-12. But some people, even here would be pissed at that pick.

(Nolan is definitely the first guy who came to mind that you could help secure with another team going up for JSN)

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Iosivas, Perry or Mims I wouldn’t mind. Wish Perry had more weight behind that frame.

I’d be cool with Tyler Scott round 3/4 as well. Reed and Tucker are probably both day 3.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Like I think about a guy like Nolan Smith, I’m in the camp that he doesn’t leave 8-12. But some people, even here would be pissed at that pick.

(Nolan is definitely the first guy who came to mind that you could help secure with another team going up for JSN)

Nolan is one of my guys, so I’d love it. I think right now if Carter is gone then are top 2 guys to pick would probably be Skoronski and Smith. I’ve called 2 of our last 3 first round picks. I would say 3 of 3, but I think all of us knew who the 2021 pick was gonna be when both corners went off the board and we traded up ahead of the Giants.

Best case scenarios (for me) are either somehow ending up with Carter, but if not then I hope it’s Bijan or Nolan at 19 with Tampa trading us their first next year to get Levis.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Nolan is one of my guys, so I’d love it. I think right now if Carter is gone then are top 2 guys to pick would probably be Skoronski and Smith. I’ve called 2 of our last 3 first round picks. I would say 3 of 3, but I think all of us knew who the 2021 pick was gonna be when both corners went off the board and we traded up ahead of the Giants.

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bijan… you are a Falcon!

But, nah… Peter must have a little birdie of his own in that organization lol.

I remember when he mocked Danny Watkins to us and I was: This is the worst mock I've ever seen, we couldn't possibly be that stupid.