> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We see the player differently? Lol

Here are two Cowboys media guys I respect that have Nolan as their EDGE2 and closer graded to Will Anderson than EDGE3. 

He’s a guy that wasn’t really unleashed in that Georgia scheme and his skill set could thrive in the league with some technical refinement with his pass rush. He’s already a very good run defender despite his weight. I think it’s perfect having him learn from guys more technical like BG, Sweaty and of course his closest comp in Reddick. Then in 2025 he could fully takeover for Haason who would probably go get his last really big deal like Javon did this year.

Anybody who has Tyree Wilson that low is in bananaland… To me, he is clearly the best edge

47 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think it might be different since he's from Philly.

He’s from Camden, but did play in Philly with Temple. I still don’t think him being from here brings down the price that much though. I also don’t know if you would want to re-sign a 30 year old Reddick going into his 31 year old season. He’s not a good run defender and you have to think the athleticism will start slipping in his 31-34 year old seasons. Not sure if he’ll be worth whatever big extension he gets, but he could as players are playing at a high level later in their career now probably more than 10+ years ago.

29 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Anybody who has Tyree Wilson that low is in bananaland… To me, he is clearly the best edge

Eh. I don’t think it’s clear.

I think Wilson is definitely enticing for what he could be, but he’s like the oldest EDGE besides like Will McDonald. He had a late breakout in a weaker conference. He also doesn’t really have much pass rush wise like he still needs a good deal of refinement there. He doesn’t have a crazy first step, but it’s good for his size, has a really good motor and that length is pretty crazy.
I did see Solak mention that he’s a bit worried about the fact Wilson has had Linsfranc in BOTH feet and also looks like a guy who could end up putting on more weight in the pros. 

Will Anderson’s floor is just too high to have him anything other than 1 for me. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Will Anderson’s floor is just too high to have him anything other than 1 for me. 

I agree. I get all the measurable and hype post combine for Wilson, orkout warrior BS but Andersons tape for 3 years doesn't lie. 

It's like people are trying to find excuses why he's "not the best overall player" in this draft. Yes I'm including Jalen Carter as well.

You give me an option between Anderson and Carter, I'm taking Will and not thinking twice. 

59 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I agree. I get all the measurable and hype post combine for Wilson, orkout warrior BS but Andersons tape for 3 years doesn't lie. 

It's like people are trying to find excuses why he's "not the best overall player" in this draft. Yes I'm including Jalen Carter as well.

You give me an option between Anderson and Carter, I'm taking Will and not thinking twice. 

Carter is the best talent in this draft and if he had no character concerns I would go with him, but for teams picking at the very top you really have to weigh those character concerns. I think his probable landing spots are good for him like Seahawks, Lions, or Eagles. Just don't let him go to the Cardinals (no one should want to go there) or Raiders (don't need him in Vegas).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

10- Paris Johnson Jr

30- Jahmyr Gibbs

2nd- Julius Brents

3rd- Karl Brooks

profit 

i like. We can probably get Brooks in round 5 though. Feels like any mock that doesn't have us trading is inherently wrong though, because Howie fixin to trade, and you know this, man.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Carter is the best talent in this draft and if he had no character concerns I would go with him, but for teams picking at the very top you really have to weigh those character concerns. I think his probable landing spots are good for him like Seahawks, Lions, or Eagles. Just don't let him go to the Cardinals (no one should want to go there) or Raiders (don't need him in Vegas).

Not sure about that. Didn't do athletic testing, and his conditioning seemed to be even worse than Jordan Davis based on his pro day disaster. His tape is good, but not as good as Kancey's (or Jeff Simmons back in NCAA, the guy he seems to get compared to). Very curious what his combine times would have been. Would have liked to see Carter vs Stromberg or Schmitz or Tippman or O'Cyrus.

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Not sure about that. Didn't do athletic testing

If I had questions about his athleticism I’d be worried, but I don’t. Now would it have been nice if he tested and put up great numbers? Sure. Him not testing doesn’t worry me. The conditioning thing at the pro day wasn’t a great look, but I feel like he could be going through some stuff after seeing his friend die and him being brought from the combine to settle the case and could’ve put on weight and been a bit out of shape. I also listened to a former player talk on some show about the specific coach that put him through drills really does push guys to the max and what not.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

His tape is good, but not as good as Kancey's (or Jeff Simmons back in NCAA, the guy he seems to get compared to).

Yeah I don’t agree with this. 

Have just heard from 2 different people (Solak & Kollmann) that the Steelers are gonna be aggressive trying to move up for a tackle.

Solak had us trading down with them in his 7 round mock and picking up their second 2nd rounder (#49) and taking Deonte Banks.

Could definitely see us trading down with them, especially with the Weidl connection. 

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Have just heard from 2 different people (Solak & Kollmann) that the Steelers are gonna be aggressive trying to move up for a tackle.

Solak had us trading down with them in his 7 round mock and picking up their second 2nd rounder (#49) and taking Deonte Banks.

Could definitely see us trading down with them, especially with the Weidl connection. 

very real possibility, mid 2nd would be nice this draft, feel like thats where the best part of this group starts.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

i like. We can probably get Brooks in round 5 though. Feels like any mock that doesn't have us trading is inherently wrong though, because Howie fixin to trade, and you know this, man.

I know, I did a quick 3 round mock on the PFF simulator, so I'm not paying for that **** lol 

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm gonna watch Draft Night Wednesday night to really set the mood.

If you mean Draft Day, the movie with Kevin Costner in it, that movie is horrendous.

Pretty much anything Costner does is horrendous, except Field of Dreams.

Edited by downundermike