> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Daniel Jeremiah goes with Nolan Smith over Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson, and Lukas Van Ness.

He has us going with Gibbs for 30th.

FWIW those are the same two picks NFL insider Tony Pauline just made for us.

I 100% buy that if we can't get Carter, plan B is Nolan Smith, and plan C is trade down.

15 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I 100% buy that if we can't get Carter, plan B is Nolan Smith, and plan C is trade down.

Let’s say the Seahawks take Carter at 5, Falcons take Smith at 8 and Bears take OL (aka Skoronski/Johnso) at 9. Who do you think we go with if it’s not a trade down? Van Ness or OL?

Also, do you buy Gibbs? I don’t think we met with him at least from what’s been reported. Could be people just want to give us a RB.

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Let’s say the Seahawks take Carter at 5, Falcons take Smith at 8 and Bears take OL (aka Skoronski/Johnso) at 9. Who do you think we go with if it’s not a trade down? Van Ness or OL?

Also, do you buy Gibbs? I don’t think we met with him at least from what’s been reported. Could be people just want to give us a RB.

Did Wilson go too? Him or Witherspoon.

I wonder if they met with Bijan as a measuring stick. Like obviously they’d love to have him, but getting the full picture on him maybe helps eval on the other guys. Or maybe moreso helped them set just how much in front is he from Gibbs, Charbs, Spears etc. Despite the “Howie would never do it” crowd, I do think they are considering it. Especially if the situation is no tradedown, Carter/WA/Wilson/Smith/DW go + the Olineman  they like more.

Looking at trades, I kinda hope we do a raiders swap of 10 & 30 for 7, 38 (ideally get a day 3 pick in there too). It’s too bad they probably won’t do that predraft because you’d be in a better spot then to trade up with Arizona and guarantee yourself Carter most likely.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We probably met with Gibbs at the combine. Not every interview gets reported.

In that scenario, probably the OL the Bears didn't take, but Van Ness certainly a possibility.

Edited by Jeezla

My top 6 wants if 4 Qbs go in top 10 in order. 
1) Will Anderson

2) Jalen Carter

3) Bijan Robinson

4) Paris Johnson

5) Devon Witherspoon

6) Nolan Smith

Tyree Wilson and his injury scares me. Lisfranc injuries are no joke, and that he was supposed to be cleared for combine and wasn’t. Then was supposed to be cleared for proday but strategically gets a surgery right before it and says he will have a workout before the draft and that never took place. 

Edited by DeSean Jackson

16 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

1) Will Anderson

2) Jalen Carter

3) Bijan Robinson

4) Paris Johnson

5) Devon Witherspoon

6) Nolan Smith

Tyree Wilson and his injury scares me. Lisfranc injuries are no joke, and that he was supposed to be cleared for combine and wasn’t. Then was supposed to be cleared for proday but strategically gets a surgery right before it and says he will have a workout before the draft and that never took place. 

I’ll run 15 miles early Friday morning royally hungover if we get Tyree Wilson. No shot it happens but that’s how happy I would be…

I’m still so split but I think the pick will be Nolan Smith. Howie will look to trade up for Carter but it’s probably too steep. I am hoping for Skoronski or Broderick Jones. I don’t like our OL depth at all

Edited by Wentz you dog you

2 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

1) Will Anderson

2) Jalen Carter

3) Bijan Robinson

4) Paris Johnson

5) Devon Witherspoon

6) Nolan Smith

I won’t be shocked if Wilson dropped

18 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I won’t be shocked if Wilson dropped

I definitely could see it with the foot stuff and being older, but I’ve heard too much hype about how certain teams near the top at the same time. He’ll probably land somewhere top 8, but who knows.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

We probably met with Gibbs at the combine. Not every interview gets reported.

In that scenario, probably the OL the Bears didn't take, but Van Ness certainly a possibility.

Got it and yeah you are probably right about the Gibbs thing. I wouldn’t hate it though. He’s a fun player. I like Gainwell, but he doesn’t have that home run gear like that. We would have probably the smallest backfield in the league if Penny can’t stay healthy which is pretty likely. 😕

2 hours ago, Danger said:

1) Will Anderson
2) Tyree Wilson
3) Christian Gonzalez
4) Devon Witherspoon
5) Jalen Carter
6) Myles Murphy

I liked Murphy a lot coming into this season, but he was worse than in 2021 which kinda turned me off a bit.  It wouldn’t be my favorite, but I could get on board trading back with a team who wants to move up for a falling QB and taking him.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy