What do you want to pat yourself on the back about? What are you embarrassed about?

MikeT14

On 10/8/2022 at 12:50 PM, LinderFournette said:

Pfr has walker down for 7 pressures 2qb hits 1 sack 4 hurries 2 knockdowns. Also has him giving up 2 completions on 3 targets(1 int).

Hutchinson has 8 pressures 3 qb hits 3 sack's 2 hurries 3 knockdowns. 

Just to compare a little more:

Here's the stats for 30th overall pick, George Karlaftis: 8 pressures, 3 qb hits, 0.5 sacks, 5 hurries, 5 knockdowns. He's really only behind in sacks and even then, it's not by much.

Karlaftis has also played in fewer snaps than both players; Walker = 278, Hutchinson = 300, Karlaftis = 260.

What Travon Walker has done in the run game doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He's a dominant run defender already. Not implying the others are bad...just that I expect Walker to be the premier run stopping DE in this league and he's done very little to discredit that claim. Not sure of any true DE that does it better than him even right now, with the exception of maybe Clowney.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Most proud of:

-Patrick Mahomes-QB. I said leading up to that draft that he was the best QB in that class and it wasn't close. His game against LSU is what sold me on him, he carved them up in a year they had a really good defense.  I suppose my statement about him was actually a tiny bit wrong, Deshaun Watson, weird massage fetish aside was actually pretty damn good as well. I actually had assumed when we traded up to #2 from #3 that it was to take Mahomes..... only for Trubisky to be the pick.

-Tarik Cohen-RB.. Wasn't a guy on my radar until very late in the draft process when someone (possibly here) posted about him.... Was thrilled when my bears drafted him. Might realistically be the only "hit" I've had on small/fast wr.

-Olave-WR   He went high enough to I guess not really be a surprise to people.... but my record on receivers is horrible so I'm proud of my wins.

-Chase Claypool-WR/TE..... I wanted to draft him as a TE and use him as a WR (WR production on a TE salary is win/win).... was pissed when Chicago drafted the 2nd best TE from Notre Dame (Kmet) over Claypool.

-Tony Pollard-RB  I was big on him coming out.... He's being held back in Dallas hiding behind Zeke all the time.

-Terry McLaurin-WR I had him as one of the best WR in that class, and criminally underrated.

Biggest misses:

Tavon Austin-WR/RB   I tend to over value small shifty dudes

Dri Archer- WR/RB    See above

Ra'Shede Hageman-DL   There was a point in the predraft process where I had it as a toss up between Hageman and Aaron Donald.... though I EVENTUALLY came around to having Donald as the #1 prospect, to even mention them in the same breath was a pretty sizable miss

Andy Isabella-WR I had him very high in his draft class and he's barely even seeing the field on a cardinals team that uses a ton of wrs.

D'waynne Eskridge-WR The jury is still out on this one, but he hasn't done much and looks to be on a similar track to all the other undersized gadgety players I get to hyped about

Calvin Austin III-WR Noticing a pattern yet? Jury is still out on him, but his entire rookie season on IR isn't exactly a promising start for a small speed/agility guy.

Josh Allen-QB I didn't see anything there..  Figured he was another cannon armed QB that was all measurables and arm strength that scouts always hype up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 11:15 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

100% in lock step with you, this guy has boom or bust written all over him. I'd be curious to see if a guy from Draper,UT who dominated the likes of North Alabama and Texas State can turn around a franchise like New York where they are going to want to run you out of town the first interception.

I'm definitely not saying he wouldn't be good but it will be interesting see how he deals with adversity, can he take constant hits and still be accurate, can he bring a team back when they are down, will he get frustrated when a receiver drops passes, get frustrated when the OL isn't holding up, things he didn't have to deal with at BYU.

Zach Wilson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really random ones that stick out to me over the years, I’ll try to keep it to guys that I was very vocal about: 

Hits

DT Chris Jones - I said he was a top 15 prospect in that class (had him over Rankins). Imagine my delight when Seattle selected… 

OT Germain Ifedi - I said he was awful leading up to the draft and maintained that position after my team selected him. Terrible anchor for a man that size. 

CB Tre’Davious White - Had him as CB3 in the class and a top 15 prospect. He went CB5 in the late 1st round. 

WR Tyler Johnson - Memorable because jrry and I got into some heated debates about him. He saw a 2nd round prospect iirc, I saw a 5th/6th round guy. He couldn’t crack it on a Tom Brady offense that was starving for WR help at different times. 

WRs NKeal Harry / Laquon Treadwell - Slow possession receivers with 1st round grades? I’ll pass. 

WR DK Metcalf - Injury likely pushed him down, but I had him as WR2 in the class after Hollywood. AJB and Deebo were WR3/4 respectively. 

DE Maxx Crosby - Loved him coming out though admittedly never projected him to be this good (who did?).

RB Jarret Patterson - Same thing as Tyler Johnson, heated debates with jrry. I had him with a 7th/UDFA grade.

Misses 

DL Robert Nkemdiche - Speaking of the 2016 IDL class, I was very high on Nkemdiche. Whiff. 

DT Malik McDowell - I had him as a top 15 prospect in the class. Ecstatic when we landed him in the 2nd. Never played a down. Very unfortunate career/life arc.

QB Baker Mayfield - I fully supported him as QB1 of the class. Oops. 

RB Kerryon Johnson - I thought he had elite, LeVeon Bell like potential. Unfortunate career. 

DE Clelin Ferrell - I actually defended Mayock on this one. Shame. 

WR Dwayne Eskridge - Another FF darling and one I was pumped for us to select. A very bizarre case where he has rarely been given opportunities on the field. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fun topic.

Hits:

Travis Kelce- Thought he was a stud in that class. My TE1

Chris Godwin- I already liked his tape. After reading that he had one of the highest contested catch rate percentages in college I was all in.

Kirk Cousins- Say what you will. 4th round value with playoff appearances and multiple long term deals. The guy is legit, not top 3. But pretty good. I was way higher on him than consensus.

John Ross- I remember scouting him. Didn’t see 1 contested catch. I don’t like that in the 1st round, let alone top 10. I was shocked at CIN decision.

James Hurst OL- This was the Clowney draft and hype was high for Texans at 1. I didn’t see anyone on tape handle Clowney that year the way Hurst did. As a 4th round value, I’d have been pounding the table in the 3rd. Not elite, but still getting work 7-8 years later. Versatile too.

Mark Andrews- I watched one game of his OU tape and a Jason Witten comp was the first thing that popped into my head.

Misses:

Sam Darnold- I really did love him as a prospect. I always go back to his last season, the game vs Washington (UW). Everything you want a prospect to have he showed in that game. And he was extra young. Thought he could bring it to the NFL. I wonder if the Jets curse got him?…

Jimmy Graham- What can I say, I was a little more naive in my scouting back then and the guy had some drop issues. 7 catches at 15 a piece is pretty good even if you drop 3 in between somewhere. Miss.

Vernon Hargreaves- Just me? I doubt it. But yeah, I definitely had him as a top 15 pick.

Jarran Reed- Yeah, he’s a decent player. But his draft year the Colts were coming fresh off a season in which the Patriots had run 200+ yards on us twice. And I was all in, hoping the Colts would take him in the 1st, probably a little rich in hindsight, and he certainly never lived up to that billing. He also had a great senior bowl if I recall. Him or A’Shawn. Loved both of them out of that nasty Bama defense.