2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

I just don't want us to get cute and overcomplicate things.

I worry a bit about Dorsey. He comes across like somewhat of an old-school, meathead and I worry that Darnold's even-keeled, relaxed demeanour might be mistaken in interviews for aloofness or not being rah-rah enough.

On the other hand, Josh Allen seems very confident "stats are for losers" etc. Worried that is going to appeal to Dorsey.

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I just don't want us to get cute and overcomplicate things.

I worry a bit about Dorsey. He comes across like somewhat of an old-school, meathead and I worry that Darnold's even-keeled, relaxed demeanour might be mistaken in interviews for aloofness or not being rah-rah enough.

On the other hand, Josh Allen seems very confident "stats are for losers" etc. Worried that is going to appeal to Dorsey.

If Dorsey was serious about getting “real football players”, Allen doesn’t fit that mold.

Using the guy he drafted last year as a guide, Dorsey would seem to value high level productivity over multiple seasons in combination with physical skills. Again, not really a fit with Allen.

Allen will kill the off-season, but he can’t erase that tape.

I wouldn't want Allen at #1. Way too raw. If I was a GM for a team like the Steelers or even the Patriots, then I'd seriously consider drafting him towards the end of the first round. The physical tools are definitely there, but he - like Kizer - is someone who would be better off sitting for a year or two.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wyoming-qb-josh-allen-passes-eyeball-test-starts-throwing-025702572.html

If we draft Josh Allen, I'm going to freak out.

His inaccuracy makes him a MAJOR project, even moreso than Kizer IMO. Nowhere near a 1st round player, and certainly not a #1 overall pick.

He'll still go top 10. Too many QB starved teams for him not to. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

10 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

He'll still go top 10. Too many QB starved teams for him not to. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

This is said literally every single year and every single year QBs still slide and even slide past "needy" teams. I would bet my house that at least 2 of them Top 5 slide out of the Top 10 and at least 1 guy completely out of the Top 20. It would even guess it is going to be a bigger fall than out of the 20s.

Sounds like Allen has been inaccurate in practice. 

For those that are worried we’re drafting him at 1, simmer down we won’t. Kiper as usual got you guys again. He wanted clicks and he got them with that take. 

I’m pretty confident it’s the Darnold, the whole Darnold and nothing but the Darnold at one. Im also confident the media will finally catch up with the nfl personnel guys (as per usual) later in the process that Darnold is the consensus top guy. Already read one guy say he’s heard nfl guys say he is #1.  Whilst I’m not 100% confident he’s our guy, after all we’re the Browns, but I’m getting close. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Sounds like Allen has been inaccurate in practice. 

For those that are worried we’re drafting him at 1, simmer down we won’t. Kiper as usual got you guys again. He wanted clicks and he got them with that take. 

I’m pretty confident it’s the Darnold, the whole Darnold and nothing but the Darnold at one. Im also confident the media will finally catch up with the nfl personnel guys (as per usual) later in the process that Darnold is the consensus top guy. Already read one guy say he’s heard nfl guys say he is #1.  Whilst I’m not 100% confident he’s our guy, after all we’re the Browns, but I’m getting close. 

51H605D1SRL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

2 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

This is said literally every single year and every single year QBs still slide and even slide past "needy" teams. I would bet my house that at least 2 of them Top 5 slide out of the Top 10 and at least 1 guy completely out of the Top 20. It would even guess it is going to be a bigger fall than out of the 20s.

I've seen teams really stretch on QBs though in the past. Market creates supply and demand. I'm predicting more of it this year. Giants, Browns, Broncos, Jets, Cardinals, Bills all could be looking for that guy at QB. Not enough Kirk Cousins to fill in the gaps. I'm happy to say we will have the pick of the litter in what looks to be a very good QB class. 

I can see Indy and us at 3 and 4 getting a ton of phone calls during the draft. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived