2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Not me, I take the best available QB prospect and not worry about having 2 starting caliber quarterbacks on the roster. Until Kizer gets his passer rating close to JaMarcus Russel's career mark Kizer gets nothing handed to him. He has had 2 games where he looked like he should be a starting QB, even if it turns into half of the games by the end of the year I'm not sold long term, at least not enough to bypass a QB in the draft. First things is first though, lets get some separation between his YPA and interception percentage.

Without a doubt.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The Darnold Vs Josh Rosen question was addressed via NFLN Daniel Jeremiah and his anonymous polling of 6 football execs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000877512/article/ask-5-whos-better-nfl-prospect-sam-darnold-or-josh-rosen

It's Darnold in a landslide..

Tellin you all Rosen Overrated 

He all hype 

I've got more hope in Baker Mayfield 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Tellin you all Rosen Overrated 

He all hype 

I've got more hope in Baker Mayfield 

I lean towards agreeing with you on this. Though I think he's only overrated because of just how highly some of the media rate him.

He can still read a defense well, throw across the middle of the field with great touch and timing, and has clean mechanics. So I don't think he's incapable of being a pro QB.

His arm is nowhere near as good as it's made out to be, and when he throws late and soft to the outside, he's a pick waiting to happen. He also has no athleticism about him, which isn't a prerequisite in a good pro QB but when you see what Darnold can do in and out of the pocket keeping plays alive and throwing from different platforms, it stands out.

Also am I the only one that doesn't believe for a second that Rosen is what he's listed as? Whenever I watch a UCLA game, the commentator says he's 6'4 and 220. Doesn't look anything like it.

21 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Sorry it was the wording of the question. As in the only one that has the answer of 'No' is 'Does he have any off field issues'.

So I mean to say that he has no off field issues. By all accounts he's a good dude with a good family.

I agree with you regarding the lack of patience we tend to have in QBs. That being said, I think some of it stems from a combination of not feeling good about the QB in the first place (old man Weeden, cocaine Manziel, noodle arm Kessler, immensely flawed Kizer etc) and the years built frustration from losing and being a circus. Not once have we been given an actual franchise QB type to be reasonably confident in.

All the QBs that have failed here haven't done so because of the impatient fans, but you're right. It doesn't help either.

Well then it sounds like Darnold needs to be the pick. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

This isn't going to be popular, but I'll state my opinion anyway. We had better do one of the three:

*Sign Cousins (won't happen, he'll stay in Washington)

*Draft Darnold

*Draft Rosen

These three are the clear pocket passing and best prospects. 

I REALLY WANT TO love Lamar Jackson, but I don't love him in Cleveland. He's probably going to be good in the right situation, but he has a long way to go with footwork, mechanics, consistent accuracy from the pocket, and putting on weight (not a major deal here in my opinion). I like him in a situation where he's backing up someone good at the end of their career or a journeyman type, learns from him, and comes in (Brees, Brady, McCown, even Eli Manning). I don't think it would be good for him to come in and be expected to raise this dumpster fire overnight and be given the keys right away.

Josh Allen: Could be Big Ben, could be Paxton Lynch. NO THANKS. Too risky.

Baker Mayfield: Fair or not, we've gone similar routes before. For every Russell Wilson there's a Johnny Manziel or Colt McCoy. I want the surefire #1 QB prospect in the draft, and I don't think that Baker is that guy.

I'm weighing in here....and its Darnold HEADS and Shoulders over Rosen (watched him since his Freshman year) IMO.....Rosen looks like an snot nosed entailed kid, that believes his own hype machine. He also has the Eli/Jay Cutler body mechanics things going on when his WR drops a pass, or his oline gives up a preasure.

But my #1 QB prospect coming out this year is hands down Luke Falk from Washington St. and I was on the Josh Allen train a lot earlier than anyone else I saw mention him in here last year.....

Top 3 QB prospects IMO from what I've seen over the past two seasons.....and is my current QB ranking coming out next year...

1. Luke Falk

2. Sam Darnold

3. Josh Allen

If I'm the GM....I'm throwing a good amount of money are Alex Smith (3 year deal, designed to get out after 2).....(I think Cousins and Brees both stay with their teams, or one goes to Denver), and I'm drafting Luke Falk, Darnold or Allen and go to war with a QB Depth chart of

Alex Smith/Deshon Kizer/Falk or Donald.

24 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm weighing in here....and its Darnold HEADS and Shoulders over Rosen (watched him since his Freshman year) IMO.....Rosen looks like an snot nosed entailed kid, that believes his own hype machine. He also has the Eli/Jay Cutler body mechanics things going on when his WR drops a pass, or his oline gives up a preasure.

But my #1 QB prospect coming out this year is hands down Luke Falk from Washington St. and I was on the Josh Allen train a lot earlier than anyone else I saw mention him in here last year.....

Top 3 QB prospects IMO from what I've seen over the past two seasons.....and is my current QB ranking coming out next year...

1. Luke Falk

2. Sam Darnold

3. Josh Allen

If I'm the GM....I'm throwing a good amount of money are Alex Smith (3 year deal, designed to get out after 2).....(I think Cousins and Brees both stay with their teams, or one goes to Denver), and I'm drafting Luke Falk, Darnold or Allen and go to war with a QB Depth chart of

Alex Smith/Deshon Kizer/Falk or Donald.

I haven't seen a lot of the QB prospects comin out this year, but I like the idea of A. Smith, high draft pick, Kizer as my 3 QB's on the squad next year.

12 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I haven't seen a lot of the QB prospects comin out this year, but I like the idea of A. Smith, high draft pick, Kizer as my 3 QB's on the squad next year.

I'm working on my Draft now....and right now.......I'm trading down a few spots....taking Minkah Fitzpatrick high...Luke Falk with the Texans pick...and then in the 3rd taking the Kid From SMU (WR), Simmie Cobbs Jr (WR Indiana) and Rashad Penny RB from SDST.

Even though there are a LOT of WR I like coming out this year.....the other kid from SMU who transferred from LSU (Wes Welker Clone)....Michale Gallup from Col St., Lazzard from Iowa St., the Kid from Memphis and the kid from Tenn St. (Antonio Brown cone IMO)...so it might be smarter to with a passrusher in round 2, take 1 Wr and Penny......

But Alex Smith, Kizer and Falk/Darnold is the BASE of what I do in the offseason next year....everything else comes off that.

With a healthy Oline...a recomitt to the Running game.....HEAVEN forbid a healthy Coleman and a Focused Josh Gordon.....and with the development of our young roster....and 5 of the first 56 picks next year.........this could be a playoff team next year....

8 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I'm working on my Draft now....and right now.......I'm trading down a few spots....taking Minkah Fitzpatrick high...Luke Falk with the Texans pick...and then in the 3rd taking the Kid From SMU (WR), Simmie Cobbs Jr (WR Indiana) and Rashad Penny RB from SDST.

Even though there are a LOT of WR I like coming out this year.....the other kid from SMU who transferred from LSU (Wes Welker Clone)....Michale Gallup from Col St., Lazzard from Iowa St., the Kid from Memphis and the kid from Tenn St. (Antonio Brown cone IMO)...so it might be smarter to with a passrusher in round 2, take 1 Wr and Penny......

But Alex Smith, Kizer and Falk/Darnold is the BASE of what I do in the offseason next year....everything else comes off that.

With a healthy Oline...a recomitt to the Running game.....HEAVEN forbid a healthy Coleman and a Focused Josh Gordon.....and with the development of our young roster....and 5 of the first 56 picks next year.........this could be a playoff team next year....

Minkah will be a stud next year.  I think if you just took a QB with our pick (which is looking like 1) then you may STILL be able to get Minkah with Houston's pick.  I think I am looking at CB, RB, and WR with the second round picks.  Maybe Love out of Stanford declares, or Chubb drops to the first pick of the 2nd.  Sutton from SMU or St. Brown from ND at WR, and possibly Ward from OSU or Josh Jackson from Iowa.

43 minutes ago, brownie man said:

LUKE FALK 

your kidding right 

remember Kevin Kolb

Falk isn’t that good

hes not Case Kennum good 

that’s a wasted pick if you think he’d beat out Kizer 

yall gotta face it 

this class ain’t what it was hyped to be at all

I am reasonably certain that more than a few will rate out higher than Kizer did, and we have to hope that we pick the right one that does.

5 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Falk has been benched more than once this year. I liked Falk his Sophomore year, but all the evidence seems to suggest he's a product of that system. I have not formally evaluated him, but if you're being benched in college, I highly doubt you'll be the answer in the NFL. Especially with such a high pick. That's just goofy.

14 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Falk has been benched more than once this year. I liked Falk his Sophomore year, but all the evidence seems to suggest he's a product of that system. I have not formally evaluated him, but if you're being benched in college, I highly doubt you'll be the answer in the NFL. Especially with such a high pick. That's just goofy.

Yep. Yep.

The only guys truly worth considering in our situation (clear, 1st round need) are Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, and maaaaybe Thurston or Rudolph, though I would say no on both of them.

Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield. Outside of those four, I'm not interested.

38 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yep. Yep.

The only guys truly worth considering in our situation (clear, 1st round need) are Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, and maaaaybe Thurston or Rudolph, though I would say no on both of them.

Rosen, Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield. Outside of those four, I'm not interested.

Exactly 

I’m not even a Rosen guy but I’ll put him in the discussion

but to say he’s looked so much better at UCLA than Kizer did at ND I think is wrong 

Darnold could be good but is he really an elite prospect?

Will Jackson’s game translate long term?

Does Mayfield have enough physical skill to consistently win against pro defenses?

weird QB draft no question 

Archived