2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

3 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Are you referring to Sashi and co. or the trespasser who has been masquerading as an offensive/QB guru at our headquarters for the past season and a half? Also known as Hue.

Here would be my process: Hue says he can turn Josh Rosen into a pro bowl caliber QB. I instantly favor Sam Darnold, fire the imposter, and file for a protection order that doesn’t let him within 500 feet of my future quarterback.

The guy who was a cap guy with the losing Jaguars, a cap guy with the losing Browns circa Ray Farmer/Pettine, and now is 1-24 or something as GM with final say on all roster decisions (read: makes the calls, not Hue) is your idea of a football guy? I'm far from thrilled with Hue as well, but he has had success in actual coaching/football roles in the past...but if anyone is masquerading as something their not, it's the guy at the top (and his boss, Truckstop Jimmy as well).

16 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

The guy who was a cap guy with the losing Jaguars, a cap guy with the losing Browns circa Ray Farmer/Pettine, and now is 1-24 or something as GM with final say on all roster decisions (read: makes the calls, not Hue) is your idea of a football guy? I'm far from thrilled with Hue as well, but he has had success in actual coaching/football roles in the past...but if anyone is masquerading as something their not, it's the guy at the top (and his boss, Truckstop Jimmy as well).

Sashi hasn’t sold me yet. I’m actually one of the harder guys on him, particularly because of what has transpired with opportunities at QB. Hue, I’m not on the fence on, I’m on the other side of the fence. He simply is not capable of being a competent HC.

If the answer to any of these questions is "No" then they might not be our guy:

1 - Is he an accurate passer under pressure? 

2 - Is he mobile enough  to avoid the pass rush?

3 - Does he have arm strength?

4 - Is he big/heavy enough to play QB at the pro level? 

5 - Does he possess the leadership qualities to actually lead an offense? 

6 - Does he have off field issues? 

7 - Is he smart enough to read a defense and make adjustments on the fly?

We need a plug in and be an all-pro from day 1 in order for any rookie QB to survive in Cleveland. We won't accept anything other than that. We won't sit a kid down and let them learn. We won't give a kid more than 6 games before we call for his head. We won't give a kid time to adjust to the pro tempo of the game. So we need the most pro ready rookie QB in the history of the game. If neither of these two can be that then let's not waste the pick. :ph34r:

That is all

Mastercheddaar

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

It's Baker Mayfield vs Lamar Jackson for me. I don't particularly like Darnold, Rosen or Allen. But it's early, and there's not enough time to watch every draftbreakdown cutup just yet.

You’re doing it wrong. It’s game film, not draftbreakdown cutup. Come on man let us think you’re professional. o.O

You're ALL wrong. It's simple:

Step 1: Find your favorite player ahead of time for whatever reason you want, especially "measurables" and/or college stats

Step 2: Look up "(prospect's name) highlight video" on YouTube. Some will call this "breaking down film".

Step 2A: Fault find anyone/everyone else who is a competitor at the QB position. Indicators like intelligence, shin size, body language, and not liking pumpkin pie during Thanksgiving are fair game when nay-saying.

Step 3: Endlessly support your favorite guy based upon "breaking down film", tangible traits from step 1 (arm strength, size, etc.), and state opinions as though they're facts and belittle anyone/everyone who disagrees with you. Warnings from mods ensue, but that's ok, because it's a worthy and worthwhile pursuit

Step 4: Support your guy to the bitter end or berate the Browns relentlessly for passing on him

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You're ALL wrong. It's simple:

Step 1: Find your favorite player ahead of time for whatever reason you want, especially "measurables" and/or college stats

Step 2: Look up "(prospect's name) highlight video" on YouTube. Some will call this "breaking down film".

Step 2A: Fault find anyone/everyone else who is a competitor at the QB position. Indicators like intelligence, shin size, body language, and not liking pumpkin pie during Thanksgiving are fair game when nay-saying.

Step 3: Endlessly support your favorite guy based upon "breaking down film", tangible traits from step 1 (arm strength, size, etc.), and state opinions as though they're facts and belittle anyone/everyone who disagrees with you. Warnings from mods ensue, but that's ok, because it's a worthy and worthwhile pursuit

Step 4: Support your guy to the bitter end or berate the Browns relentlessly for passing on him

Put it in the over at 350 degrees for 45mins and bam, you just made yourself a KamTrust minus the dion jordan. You can obtain that by going to defense at step2A

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

You’re doing it wrong. It’s game film, not draftbreakdown cutup. Come on man let us think you’re professional. o.O

Not until after I visit campus and talk to the coaching staff, grill the professors, and interview the kid 1 on 1. Only then do I watch film. It's an expensive and time consuming process, but the results are worth it.

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Not until after I visit campus and talk to the coaching staff, grill the professors, and interview the kid 1 on 1. Only then do I watch film. It's an expensive and time consuming process, but the results are worth it.

You can't measure shin lengths from behind a computer screen.

7 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Dude. It’s a grind. But it’s all worth it. In a world where we hand out participation trophies you can take it to a whole nother level. You can be king on an interwebs site. You can threaten to take your talents to Twitter only. Come back and suave that ego of yours. Realize you are just that much better than, uh well, other people on the interwebs. 

But it’s all worth it in the end. You’ve spent quality time for a purpose. Hey you could be wasting time on watching soaps. What male does that?  And most importantly? The compensation is ridiculous! E-footballs! Hashtag am I right?

Archived