2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

The Rosen doesn’t want to go to the Browns has to stop. Please just evaluate him as a qb on the field. He’s really good. 

Btw a comp I read for Darnold that I find intriguing is Mr Joe Montana. Bigger stronger Montana I guess. But the ability to improvise I agree. 

Not off the Allen train quite yet. It just seems there’s more to his inaccuracies than the completion percentage says. I hope to do more research soon. Work is kicking my butt. I just can’t get over his crap completion percentage in his bowl game along with him not being inaccurate at all. Dude was a master that game. 

54 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If we get Josh Allen at #1, I may write the Browns a Thank You note, because I'm pulling a ditch and leaving. That would be it for me.

He’s not my first (or second, or third) choice, but I’d give him a shot.  

He seems like a great kid with an unreal skill set and some experience in a pro style offense.

As long as they get “their guy” at QB I’m happy. As far as traditional scouts go, we’ve got a pretty damned good collection of guy making the call. I’d argue they won’t be as sharp as Lord Sashi at managing assets and increasing asset wealth, but I think they’ll do ok picking players.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s not my first (or second, or third) choice, but I’d give him a shot.  

He seems like a great kid with an unreal skill set and some experience in a pro style offense.

As long as they get “their guy” at QB I’m happy. As far as traditional scouts go, we’ve got a pretty damned good collection of guy making the call. I’d argue they won’t be as sharp as Lord Sashi at managing assets and increasing asset wealth, but I think they’ll do ok picking players.

Passing on Sam Darnold will really hurt me. It's been two years of build-up and anticipation for what would be the sharpest 10 seconds of pain when the Commish strolls out to the podium...

With the first pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Josh..

(At this point, at what would be 1am or so over here, I will begin to stagger as I realise we aren't taking Sam. This really, really hurts me. But at least we're taking the pure passer out of UCLA. A wonderful second choice, if ever there was such a thing...)

Allen, QB, University of Wyoming

This is where I fall to my knees, as sure as if an arrow had been fired through my heart. Two years of fawning over Southern California golden boys and it ends like this.

56%. Fifty-six per cent. The number pierces through my mind. Look at that subtle lack of accuracy. The intercepted screen passes. Oh my god, he even has bad footwork. I break into a cold sweat. I can't believe John Dorsey preferred Hue Jackson's choice to mine.

Josh Allen walks onto the stage, grabbing his Browns hat and jersey. 

I can't audibly express my staggering pain, because again, it's 1am and people who don't even know what football is are sleeping in my house. They surely wouldn't understand. Instead, I keep my eyes fixed on the tv. Through tear-streamed eyes, I notice something...

He's really tall. 6'5 apparently. He's really big. 237lbs apparently. He's got nice muscles and looks quick-twitch. 4.76 apparently. He's got a nice face. He passes the franchise QB handsome threshold. They're showing me a 50 yard TD bomb, on the run, falling away onto the sideline. They're showing me a 70 yard Combine completion. I am now in the bargaining phase. He really does look good in a tank top and shorts. He's basically Brady Quinn on steroids.

That's my Quarterback!

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we get Josh Allen at #1, I may write the Browns a Thank You note, because I'm pulling a ditch and leaving. That would be it for me.

I agree with the sentiment, but the Browns are like the mafia, every time you think you get out, they pull you back in. I know, because I was saying this exact thing about them drafting that clown Manziel.

12 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Passing on Sam Darnold will really hurt me. It's been two years of build-up and anticipation for what would be the sharpest 10 seconds of pain when the Commish strolls out to the podium...

With the first pick of the 2018 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select:

Josh..

(At this point, at what would be 1am or so over here, I will begin to stagger as I realise we aren't taking Sam. This really, really hurts me. But at least we're taking the pure passer out of UCLA. A wonderful second choice, if ever there was such a thing...)

Allen, QB, University of Wyoming

This is where I fall to my knees, as sure as if an arrow had been fired through my heart. Two years of fawning over Southern California golden boys and it ends like this.

56%. Fifty-six per cent. The number pierces through my mind. Look at that subtle lack of accuracy. The intercepted screen passes. Oh my god, he even has bad footwork. I break into a cold sweat. I can't believe John Dorsey preferred Hue Jackson's choice to mine.

Josh Allen walks onto the stage, grabbing his Browns hat and jersey. 

I can't audibly express my staggering pain, because again, it's 1am and people who don't even know what football is are sleeping in my house. They surely wouldn't understand. Instead, I keep my eyes fixed on the tv. Through tear-streamed eyes, I notice something...

He's really tall. 6'5 apparently. He's really big. 237lbs apparently. He's got nice muscles and looks quick-twitch. 4.76 apparently. He's got a nice face. He passes the franchise QB handsome threshold. They're showing me a 50 yard TD bomb, on the run, falling away onto the sideline. They're showing me a 70 yard Combine completion. I am now in the bargaining phase. He really does look good in a tank top and shorts. He's basically Brady Quinn on steroids.

That's my Quarterback!

Enthralling post...ty.

I will just check out for a while.

Maybe come back if it works.

More I think about it, more I think it’s going to be Josh Allen.

All it’s going to take is for them to look past 56% and believe in their ego that they can take this supreme physical specimen of a QB and craft him in their own specific image.

6’5

Strongest arm in football

Good attitude

Literally all it takes is for Dorsey, Hue, and Haley to say, look we can give him a year behind the scenes whilst McCarron holds the fort, and we can fix his footwork and accuracy up. Get him used to making good decisions and the speed of the pro game (playing both with and against top talent). Come Year 2, we’re ready to go with arguably the most physically impressive QB in the whole league.

Not saying I want this to happen, I don’t, in fact. Because improving accuracy is often beyond the means of even the best coaches. But I am saying I think this might happen.

For what it’s worth, I don’t hate Allen as a prospect. I’m actually guilty of being quite intrigued. But you can’t look past 56% in my opinion.

Leave it to the Browns to overlook game tape, which was mediocre at best in the MOUNTAIN WEST, horrific accuracy, and fall in love with "measurables", when you have other guys with VERY FREAKING GOOD measurables AND elite game tape.

It's dumbfounding.

9 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

All it’s going to take is for them to look past 56% and believe in their ego that they can take this supreme physical specimen of a QB and craft him in their own specific image.

6’5

Good attitude

Literally all it takes is for Dorsey, Hue, and Haley to say, look we can give him a year behind the scenes whilst McCarron holds the fort, and we can fix his footwork and accuracy up. Get him used to making good decisions and the speed of the pro game (playing both with and against top talent). Come Year 2, we’re ready to go with arguably the most physically impressive QB in the whole league.

Not saying I want this to happen, I don’t, in fact. Because improving accuracy is often beyond the means of even the best coaches. But I am saying I think this might happen.

For what it’s worth, I don’t hate Allen as a prospect. I’m actually guilty of being quite intrigued. But you can’t look past 56% in my opinion.

So Michael Vick is the only one I can think of.  Has there ever been a QB with a 56% completion percentage ever succeeded in the NFL?  I guess looking at this Brett Favre is one too...

I don't think its something we can't look past, but something that makes him not even a player I would look at...

All that being said, I don't necessarily think this is Dorsey's guy.  I know that who he went after last year, Pat Mahomes, had the strongest arm, but he also had a pretty good completion percentages and TD interception ratio in college.  Now granted the big 12 isn't the most difficult conference in college football but its certainly not the Mountain West.  And also didn't Dorsey trade for Alex Smith?  the game manager exactly the opposite of Allen?  I don't know what he wants, but I don't think that anything is written on the wall saying Allen...This may be me praying its not the case but still....

The interesting thing I found is listening to the combine, the kept talking about that size, and that arm, and that athleticism, and everything that a QB should be....except...ya know....BEING ABLE TO GET THE BALL TO HIS RECEIVERS.  Completing the football is the most important thing to me.  Give me a tiny slow QB with an arm just strong enough over the perfect mold for a QB who can't get the ball to his receivers any day of the week...I worry with Allen the completion percentage is going to be worse in the NFL and his INT ratio will be that much higher because of underthrowing or throwing behind guys....

13 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

6’5

Good attitude

I'm intrigued by Allen as well, and think he would be a great fit on a team where he could sit for at least a year, if not two. But if it means that we pass on Darnold, Rosen and even Mayfield... I'm gonna be pissed.

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Leave it to the Browns to overlook game tape, which was mediocre at best in the MOUNTAIN WEST, horrific accuracy, and fall in love with "measurables", when you have other guys with VERY FREAKING GOOD measurables AND elite game tape.

It's dumbfounding.

I can see it.

Just now, Aztec Hammer said:

I can see it.

Oh, so can I. I can see them doing a LOT of stupid things that I've called over the years. If they do this, I'm going to freak out and I won't be talking myself into this pick like I usually do.

Archived