2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I have no problem with him acting like an arrogant a-hole. If you get under his skin, you take his best shot.

He looked bad planting the flag at tOSU, but having tOSU sing on his field after a big lose, he wanted revenge.

He looked bad grabbing his crouch but the opposing team was taking a lot of smack.

I would like that potential attitude. I feel like with the skill players the Browns have, they would all feed off of him

100% Agreed, He actually earned a lot of respect from me after the tOSU game even though I didn't like the flag planting, he is a dragon slayer. He has a lot of maturing to do but I just see him doing the same thing to Pittsburgh, I could easily see him developing a healthy dislike for them which would be great for us. What I like most about him is his ability to galvanize a locker room, and start being the hammer and not the nail.

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

I have no problem with him acting like an arrogant a-hole. If you get under his skin, you take his best shot.

He looked bad planting the flag at tOSU, but having tOSU sing on his field after a big lose, he wanted revenge.

He looked bad grabbing his crouch but the opposing team was taking a lot of smack.

I would like that potential attitude. I feel like with the skill players the Browns have, they would all feed off of him

100% Agreed, He actually earned a lot of respect from me after the tOSU game even though I didn't like the flag planting, he is a dragon slayer. He has a lot of maturing to do but I just see him doing the same thing to Pittsburgh, I could easily see him developing a healthy dislike for them which would be great for us. What I like most about him is his ability to galvanize a locker room, and start being the hammer and not the nail.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LOL

So now people are talking about pounds per inch in regards to frame. 

This is ridiculous.

Sam Darnold is taller and bigger than Mayfield, hence the bigger frame.

Some people will use whatever ratios/stats they want to justify their stances. Then again, these are the same people who were JFF apologists for YEARS.

?

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That’s the one thing I really like about him and what other QBs don’t have or not sure if they have it or not. He seems like a guy who would fight anyone for his teammates, so in return his teammates would fight for him. 

Magbe sitting for a year helps him mature which would help him but I don’t think it would take the dawg out of him

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Magbe sitting for a year helps him mature which would help him but I don’t think it would take the dawg out of him

The dude will be 23 before draft day. I don't think magically a 23 year old to a 24 year old will mature overnight.

I personally think if you draft Baker Mayfield as a 23 year old, you're drafting him to take over halfway through the season. He'll be 24 and a half next year by the time the season rolls around.

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The dude will be 23 before draft day. I don't think magically a 23 year old to a 24 year old will mature overnight.

I personally think if you draft Baker Mayfield as a 23 year old, you're drafting him to take over halfway through the season. He'll be 24 and a half next year by the time the season rolls around.

NFL quarterbacks are consistently playing into their late 30s now so I don't really see a year or year-and-a-half as playing a very big factor. If he sat till he was 26 and then was exceptional, I don't think anyone here would care about how long it took to start him. It still just comes down to who somebody likes as a prospect. Most here like Darnold, a few like rosin and a few like Mayfield. No one seems to like Josh Allen ☺️. I personally like Mayfield the best. I see Rosen being great as well. This is an amazing quarterback class on paper. We'll see what happens.

16 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I wouldn’t like it if any QB prospect did it. Why you making a documentary series in your name and lacing the credits with you posing at shows and overlapping it with dissenting voices like Cowherd and all that “if anyone’s turning around that franchise it’s me”?

Nothing cool about that regardless of the prospect. It’s cringey.

This ain’t Tom vs Time, you ain’t done shhhh yet bro.

Okay, but what I'm saying is that numerous other prospects in this sport and others have done the exact same thing. If you don't like it, whatever, I don't get it but that's your right. But don't make it out to be some special note of arrogance on his part.

I mean, if anything, we should maybe try to be more understanding here? I don't like it either, I think it's a bad look, but I think if there's a reason he is doing it and not the other top QBs it might be financial situation. Darnold and Rosen's families are both moderately to super wealthy. Whereas Mayfield's mom just had major medical issues and they're not well off. Stuff like this happens when a media company comes to you and offers to pay X amount for your story. In his situation, maybe he has pressing financial issues for his family and he wanted to get something without having to take out a loan from his agent?

I don't know. Maybe he does just like attention. But I don't know if we're in the position to judge one way or the other, so maybe we shouldn't?

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Then again, these are the same people who were JFF apologists for YEARS.

Come on, cut out this lazy BS. I'm the biggest Mayfield fan on here and I just about threw a remote through my TV at the Manziel pick. The Mayfield Manziel comp is lazy and played out, mainly because they have utterly different on-field play styles and strengths. Manziel's issue was extreme addictions where Mayfield's seems to be general ******-baggery. 

JFF apologists. Psh. You know who I had #1/2 that year? Teddy B and HANDSOME JIMMY G!!! All bow before my QB analysis skillzzzzzz!!!!

11 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Okay, but what I'm saying is that numerous other prospects in this sport and others have done the exact same thing. If you don't like it, whatever, I don't get it but that's your right. But don't make it out to be some special note of arrogance on his part.

I mean, if anything, we should maybe try to be more understanding here? I don't like it either, I think it's a bad look, but I think if there's a reason he is doing it and not the other top QBs it might be financial situation. Darnold and Rosen's families are both moderately to super wealthy. Whereas Mayfield's mom just had major medical issues and they're not well off. Stuff like this happens when a media company comes to you and offers to pay X amount for your story. In his situation, maybe he has pressing financial issues for his family and he wanted to get something without having to take out a loan from his agent?

I don't know. Maybe he does just like attention. But I don't know if we're in the position to judge one way or the other, so maybe we shouldn't?

I think it’s not a coincidence that it’s Baker Mayfield doing his own docuseries and not Sam Darnold. It’s in character, in my opinion.

He can’t help himself, that’s how I see it. It’s one thing after another with him. His pro day, whip on a karate kid headband and when asked a question about Sam Ehlinger tweeting about Orlando Brown, his reply is “He didn’t beat Lake Travis and he didn’t beat OU, I’ll leave it at that.” It’s constantly emotional responses from him. 

We know the other arrogant things he’s said and done on and off the field. But what happens when T Suggs stomps him and antagonises him? Because he is going to face adversity way more than he did in college. To me he comes across like someone who is too unsteady with his emotions and lacks self control.

1 minute ago, Aztec Hammer said:

But what happens when T Suggs stomps him and antagonises him? Because he is going to face adversity way more than he did in college.

Don't you WANT someone who is going to bounce back up and assume that he has what it takes to beat that guy's $%^ the next play?

I don't get how we say we want players to give the team an attitude but then we complain when we actually think about getting them. (I acknowledge the arrest as a concern, but I think the on-field stuff is overblown and that it's the type of stuff that will make teammates love a guy).

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Don't you WANT someone who is going to bounce back up and assume that he has what it takes to beat that guy's $%^ the next play?

I don't get how we say we want players to give the team an attitude but then we complain when we actually think about getting them. (I acknowledge the arrest as a concern, but I think the on-field stuff is overblown and that it's the type of stuff that will make teammates love a guy).

I do want that. But I look at someone like Darnold and I’d prefer a leader like that. He isn’t rah-rah and trash talking but that doesn’t mean his teammates don’t love him.

I know you hate the Manziel comparison, but what really is the difference between Johnny sticking his middle finger up at Orakpo and Baker grabbing his junk and telling the Kansas player to f himself and come over here say it to my face?

18 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Come on, cut out this lazy BS. I'm the biggest Mayfield fan on here and I just about threw a remote through my TV at the Manziel pick.

If my hypothetical statement didn't apply to you, then ignore it. I wasn't talking to you, but thanks for your condescension; I appreciate it.

The Mayfield Manziel comp is lazy and played out, mainly because they have utterly different on-field play styles and strengths. Manziel's issue was extreme addictions where Mayfield's seems to be general ******-baggery. 

I wasn't comparing them as prospects. I was making the comparison to CERTAIN posters that they will defend a prospect, regardless of clear flaws and red flags, NO MATTER WHAT. I wasn't comparing their playing styles.

Side note: Manziel was an addict and a general ******bag too. They aren't mutually exclusive.

JFF apologists. Psh. You know who I had #1/2 that year? Teddy B and HANDSOME JIMMY G!!! All bow before my QB analysis skillzzzzzz!!!!

Again, I wasn't speaking to you.

25 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Come on, cut out this lazy BS. I'm the biggest Mayfield fan on here and I just about threw a remote through my TV at the Manziel pick. The Mayfield Manziel comp is lazy and played out, mainly because they have utterly different on-field play styles and strengths. Manziel's issue was extreme addictions where Mayfield's seems to be general ******-baggery.

He’s referring to Thomas, not you.

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I know you hate the Manziel comparison, but what really is the difference between Johnny sticking his middle finger up at Orakpo and Baker grabbing his junk and telling the Kansas player to f himself and come over here say it to my face?

I'd point out that Mayfield's junk grab was a response to Kansas doing the same thing to him earlier in the game, and that they took a couple cheap shots to his head. But in the end, the difference is that Manziel didn't flame out because he was a jerk, he flamed out because he had multiple addictions. Plus, I don't think Manziel was as good of an NFL QB projection as Mayfield is (Manziel operated best OUT of structure, he didn't like being part of a system. Mayfield has become the ultimate master of the system in which he was put).

Archived