2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Then make it specific. Your post was generalized.

Ok, fine, I'll make it as specific as possible:

I get it freaky, YOU love Baker and will defend his game. He can probably do no wrong by you

despise Baker and will continue to bash him leading up to the draft. He can do no right by me.

We are at an impasse.

As my good friend Lieutenant Dan Taylor would say, it's time for a showdown, you vs. me...all in good fun of course.

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'd point out that Mayfield's junk grab was a response to Kansas doing the same thing to him earlier in the game, and that they took a couple cheap shots to his head. But in the end, the difference is that Manziel didn't flame out because he was a jerk, he flamed out because he had multiple addictions. Plus, I don't think Manziel was as good of an NFL QB projection as Mayfield is (Manziel operated best OUT of structure, he didn't like being part of a system. Mayfield has become the ultimate master of the system in which he was put).

I’m unsure of Mayfield’s personal life. Obviously the arrest for drunk and disorderly and choosing to run from them is not a good sign. You are right that Mayfield mastered his system and was not a Johnny Improv. However I believe his system was ridiculous in how it turned games into glorified seven on sevens. I don’t think Mayfield has any real, prolonged experience of playing in what resembles an nfl pocket. That’s the main reason I don’t think he’ll be good. Because when he did face genuine pass rush and muddy pockets, he didn’t know how to play out of it. There are other on-field elements of his game that I believe are deceiving because of the system, but we’ve both had this conversation a few times already so I know I’d just be annoying you with it.

All this being said, I genuinely believe we are going to take Baker Mayfield #1 overall, so I hope beyond anything that I am going to be proven so wrong and open for humiliation for years to come.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The dude will be 23 before draft day. I don't think magically a 23 year old to a 24 year old will mature overnight.

I personally think if you draft Baker Mayfield as a 23 year old, you're drafting him to take over halfway through the season. He'll be 24 and a half next year by the time the season rolls around.

Well the way he handles himself on the field, it can. I believe sitting for a year and learning prolly could tame him down  learning how to be a pro. When it comes to off field maturity or whatever. I don’t think his off field issues is a problem  it seemed more like an incident and it a life style l, like the way it was with Jimmy

hell I love it that he plays like an a-hole. Teammates and fans will love it  opposing players and fans will hate it  

I could careless about his age and when he starts playing. Unless we’re talking about Brandon weeded. If your a good QB and you take care of your body, you can play well past 35. 

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I get it freaky, YOU love Baker and will defend his game. He can probably do no wrong by you

No see, this is the point I keep making this year that I feel like people aren't getting! ALL of the QBs this year have unique strengths and weaknesses, it's what makes this the most interesting QB draft in a long time. You've got a bunch of guys with legit cases to be the #1 pick and not a single case for OR against them looks even remotely like the others. My point this whole time has been that there are at least four, maybe up to 5 guys who have a case for #1. It's just up to individual posters to decide which strengths they like the most (Rosen for me), and which weaknesses they think are least likely to torpedo a career (Mayfield for me, IF the arrest isn't indicative of a lifestyle).

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

hell I love it that he plays like an a-hole. Teammates and fans will love it  opposing players and fans will hate it  

This part of his attitude reminds me of Phillip Rivers, who I really like. No problem with it on my end - I'd embrace that kind of swagger coming from the Browns.

59 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

This part of his attitude reminds me of Phillip Rivers, who I really like. No problem with it on my end - I'd embrace that kind of swagger coming from the Browns.

Right, you have never heard a teammate or coach complain about his attitude. It’s been the media or opposing teams. 

They say everyone they have talked to past and current teammates have said nothing but great things. 

I’ve found people with this attitude are only appreciated if they win.  If they succeed they’re “firey and competitive”, if they lose they’re immature and childish.

I still like Darnold’s calm, cool demeanor if we’re talking perceived personalities.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve found people with this attitude are only appreciated if they win.  If they succeed they’re “firey and competitive”, if they lose they’re immature and childish.

See: Draymond Green

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I still like Darnold’s calm, cool demeanor if we’re talking perceived personalities.

True but Darnold could get that Jay cutler label with a personality like that 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ok, fine, I'll make it as specific as possible:

despise Baker and will continue to bash him leading up to the draft. He can do no right by me.

We are at an impasse.

As my good friend Lieutenant Dan Taylor would say, it's time for a showdown, you vs. me...all in good fun of course.

Lieutenant Dan ain't got no legs to stand on in this argument. Whichever side of this argument he is on I will stand up for the other side.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Calm and cool is how you’d describe Cutler eh?

How would you describe him when he was in his prime? He was always calm and cool never showed his emotions always look even keel.   

10 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

See: Draymond Green

LeBron James.

Dude has been one of if not thee most whinny and selfish brats that Cleveland has ever seen but he wins a lot so Northeastern Ohio practically worships him as a God. I know it is not a popular take on a Browns forum but its the truth. Most people would hate this guy if he didn't win so much.

Archived