2018 Draftable QB Discussion

candyman93

Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold?

• Josh Rosen
    • Sam Darnold

Just now, buno67 said:

How would you describe him when he was in his prime? He was always calm and cool never showed his emotions always look even keel.   

Me personally, idk, never met the guy, but the underlying theme from a lot of rumors/comments by others would be something along the line of arrogant and difficult.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

LeBron James.

Dude has been one of if not thee most whinny and selfish brats that Cleveland has ever seen but he wins a lot so Northeastern Ohio practically worships him as a God. I know it is not a popular take on a Browns forum but its the truth. Most people would hate this guy if he didn't win so much.

Eh, he’s whiny as hell but he’s beyond reproach off the court. Mayfield isn’t.

No one questions LBJ’s maturity.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me personally, idk, never met the guy, but the underlying theme from a lot of rumors/comments by others would be something along the line of arrogant and difficult.

Body language and facial expressions are typically pretty universal even from culture to culture. That said watching Jay Cutler his body language and facial expressions have always shown that to be true. Seems like a very smug guy and he looks pissed off 99% of the time.

7 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

LeBron James.

Dude has been one of if not thee most whinny and selfish brats that Cleveland has ever seen but he wins a lot so Northeastern Ohio practically worships him as a God. I know it is not a popular take on a Browns forum but its the truth. Most people would hate this guy if he didn't win so much.

It’s the way the NBA is. Lebron has to be Whinny because he doesn’t get nearly all the calls he deserves. The stars have to complain and cry to get a point made to the refs. Lebron would love it if he got all the calls Harden gets. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, he’s whiny as hell but he’s beyond reproach off the court. Mayfield isn’t.

No one questions LBJ’s maturity.

No even trying to compare them at all. And I also disagree with that part. LeBron hides behind his mask of money he throws around at charities and putting NEO kids through school. I ran across LeBron a more than several occasions where is actions where far beneath his reputation. Much of those encounters were years ago but even back then he had this spotless image(aside from mom). No doubt he has matured since but the guy was a giant **** back then.

Either way was never even comparing him and Mayfield. Mayfield has maturity issues but he doesn't seem to be a selfish brat that is constantly whining. Completely different issues. Simply pointing out another guy who is far more respected and tolerated than he would be without the winning.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

It’s the way the NBA is. Lebron has to be Whinny because he doesn’t get nearly all the calls he deserves. The stars have to complain and cry to get a point made to the refs. Lebron would love it if he got all the calls Harden gets. 

No. Simply no. I'm not even talking about whining for calls. Every time I watch the NBA everyone is whining for calls like a little girls. I find it so hypocritical listening to Cavs fans complain about Steph Curry for whining and Warriors fans complain about LeBron. Its is a negative trend in the NBA. I am talking about his constant whining about coaches, roster, social issues, political issues.

On 15/03/2018 at 11:06 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

Instead of saying “make a bad move”, he almost said “Baker Mayfield”.

That classic thing that happens when you switch the first letter at the start of each word haha. More a joke than anything serious of a post!

I see there’s a 48 post thread on this on another Browns forum. 

Knew I was onto something :D

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You’ve been cheating on us eh?

Haha never! I’ve been going on there without an account and just browsing in the last week to see if there were any free agency rumours and to see what views the non-FF fanbase has on the QBs and things like that. Pretty different to here. You read some wild things.

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Haha never! I’ve been going on there without an account and just browsing in the last week to see if there were any free agency rumours and to see what views the non-FF fanbase has on the QBs and things like that. Pretty different to here. You read some wild things.

I read the Plain Dealer comments section every once in a while and that’s enough for me.

This month is going really slowly for me. I'm in the unfortunate position of:

- Loving one QB and thinking he's a special prospect.

- Really liking another but sort of knowing we probably aren't looking at him because he's not a great fit.

- Really disliking the other prospects to a point where I feel more confident they will bust than be good.

It leaves hardly any room for error in my mind. We can get it wrong really easily, in my mind, at least.

31 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

This month is going really slowly for me. I'm in the unfortunate position of:

- Loving one QB and thinking he's a special prospect.

- Really liking another but sort of knowing we probably aren't looking at him because he's not a great fit.

- Really disliking the other prospects to a point where I feel more confident they will bust than be good.

It leaves hardly any room for error in my mind. We can get it wrong really easily, in my mind, at least.

I was that way actually in the beginning (Darnold or bust!), but weirdly became less polarized the longer I've watched various media and read scouting reports, positive and negative, about the Top 5 prospects at QB. I really think that all of them have a base level of talent to be at least a mediocre QB, but each also has traits that are Elite (Rosen/Arm Talent, Mayfield/Leadership, Darnold/Improvisation, Allen/Physical Prototype, Jackson/Athleticism).

I just like the position we're in as long as we stick to plan; use our draft capital to put our new QB in the best position to succeed (that include defensive prospects to keep the team in manageable situations offensively), play Tyrod as long as feasible, and get our new QB the help he needs to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. 

On 3/16/2018 at 8:22 PM, Aztec Hammer said:

I see there’s a 48 post thread on this on another Browns forum. 

Knew I was onto something :D

Good call!

Personally, I cannot see Dorsey picking Mayfield, Rosen or Allen for one simple reason: They all have well-publicized question marks that could come back and bite him and inevitably lead to second-guessing the selection if the question marks manifest themselves in performance (i.e.. If Mayfield doesn't live up to his hype and brings bad drama to the team; if Rosen is MIA due to injury; and if Allen still can't hit the broad side of a barn with his throws).

Darnold is a safe pick in that he is the consensus best QB of the bunch.

Even if he flames out for whatever reason, very few will question Dorsey's judgment in selecting him. 

Archived