Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2022 (All Up)

goldfishwars

Agreed with #32 and I'm glad people are starting to treat their drafts more objectively. They gave away Mason for a 5th for no reason and replaced him with their first rounder. Congrats on the 5 million cap savings? This draft is just both low floor and low upside unless Tyquan turns into a real WR or Jones hits at CB (they lost Jackson this offseason).

• Like 1

Pats fans were so upset (Kevin Wildes on First Things First went off on the Rams) bc McVay and Snead were shocked and laughed at the Pats picking Strange in the 1st round. I agree the Pats had the worst draft this year. They havent gotten a 1st round pick right in like 7yrs straight. I dont even think Mac is going to be a top 10 QB. Not overall, Im just talking about a top 10 QB in the AFC. So Strange was definitely a strange pick (pun definitely intended loi). 

Then they got the fastest receiver at the combine who just so happens to be a receiver from Baylor. The fastest receivers at the combine really dont work out in the NFL and Baylor receivers really dont work out in the NFL as well. Plus do anyone trust Belichick drafting a receiver? When was the last good receiver he drafted? I cant remember and thats putting it nicely bc he probably havent drafted a good receiver in particularly within the first 2 rounds. 

Lastly, he passed on a talented QB in Sam Howell for a QB in Bailey Zappe whom not only has some issues but admittedly said he is perfectly suited to be a backup. Now I know in theory yes they feel like Mac Jones is their franchise QB. I personally dont think he will end up being that and Im sure many others dont either. At the very least though get a guy in Howell who is more talented with possible starting upside that way IF Jones doesnt work out by the time his rookie deal ends and the Pats feel like he just isnt the guy they thought he would be, Howell can probably prove maybe he could be. I wont be shocked at all in a few years if Sam Howell is a better starting QB for the Commanders than Jones is for the Pats and this is Jones is still even the QB after his rookie contract is up. 

• Like 1

Can't wait, love this thread every year.  Looking back 2018 Eagles draft class "overall rankings" was the only one of our 3 you didn't nail IMO but understood the thinking at the time. Analysis was spot on as usual. 🥃

26th Overall

What They Had Leaving The Draft:

2. 49. Dallas Goedert  [ TE ] South Dakota State

4. 125. Avonte Maddox  [ CB ] Pittsburgh

4. 130. Josh Sweat  [ DE ] Florida State

6. 206. Matt Pryor  [ OT ] TCU

7. 233. Jordan Mailata  [ T ]

Baltimore’s 2nd round pick in 2019

Edited by Nabbs4u

With the site outage my post got deleted, so I’ll repost lol.

I knew who 32 was before ever clicking on the thread. Thank you for staying objective @goldfishwars 

I don’t think you did this thread last year, but I’ve typically always looked forward to it after the draft is over whether I agree or disagree. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Pats fans were so upset (Kevin Wildes on First Things First went off on the Rams) bc McVay and Snead were shocked and laughed at the Pats picking Strange in the 1st round. 

No we weren’t, we agreed with him. Kevin Wildes is on TV, he probably put that on for clicks and views. I don’t think Sean laughed at the Pats anyway, he was surprised Strange went so high. So were we. Why would we be upset for Sean mimicking our own thoughts?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

No we weren’t, we agreed with him. Kevin Wildes is on TV, he probably put that on for clicks and views. I don’t think Sean laughed at the Pats anyway, he was surprised Strange went so high. So were we. Why would we be upset for Sean mimicking our own thoughts?

I saw a lot of fans on Twitter making what McVay and Snead did a big deal. So much so that they spent yesterday during their press conference trying to address the situation. So I’m not talking about fans on here and maybe the majority wasn’t upset but I saw on Twitter fans making a big deal. That’s what I saying. I agree with you Kevin Wildes.