2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

3 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Yeah I was going to say, Stroud has a TON of options to throw to.  Young was throwing to possibly the worst WR core under Saban at Bama and he still balled out.  I do like what I see in Stroud though.

This was my comment to those who criticize Stroud for the recievers he has. I get both sides but you just have to judge him on a different curve. How does he perform off structure? Handling pressure? Etc? I'm warming up to Stroud or Young as long as Young isn't knocked because of his size. 

5 hours ago, Blaze said:

This was my comment to those who criticize Stroud for the recievers he has. I get both sides but you just have to judge him on a different curve. How does he perform off structure? Handling pressure? Etc? I'm warming up to Stroud or Young as long as Young isn't knocked because of his size. 

I don’t really think I’ve seen Stroud play much off script, which is part of that “supporting cast” argument. I simply don’t see it because that entire offense is rarely bumped off course to where he had to go off script.

Part of that could be BECAUSE of Stroud, but I don’t really know. In my looks on him, I see a guy who can create some special stuff in structure, but that’s the rub - it all looks in structure, not evading a rush or leading a guy into an area of open field or anything like that. 

I’ll try to be specific and watch more of him with that in mind. 

Watching Stroud yesterday got me on the band wagon. I'm just not comfortable with Young's smaller stature even though he can make damn near almost every play. I'd be fine with either one to be honest but there's just something about Stroud that's so enticing.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

None of the top QBs have a WR worth drafting this year. 

Stroud has JSN - who didn’t play this year, but was the #1 guy last year (when he was sharing targets with 1st round picks Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, no less).

Even with the hammy concerns, he’s considered a late 1st/early 2nd round talent. I still think he’s the best WR in this class (he needs more conditioning centered around mobility and stretching - get him with a Yoga or Pilates program to loosen up his body) and if he’s there at 2.1, I say take him regardless of which QB you take. (And regardless of if you draft Quentin Johnston - load up on quality WRs, give whatever QB you draft a significant amount of options).

One last thing - even if you didn’t want to pair up a QB and his WR *this* draft, you have Young’s favorite WR from last season in John Metchie III (who should be back next season). 

8 minutes ago, Blaze said:

I'm just glad their are options. I was regretting that Young was the selection because no one else was worthy. Stroud put himself in the conversation. 

I’m in the exact same boat. Young is still QB1, Stroud is QB2 - but the gap between the two isn’t as bad as I originally considered. 

Depending on where the Browns pick ends up, I can see 1.1 going up for auction for whoever wants to jump Chicago for Jalen Carter. If the Browns pick is 3rd, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get whoever you want.

• Like 1