2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

On 1/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Saturday is gonna coach to win. He wants the job long term. 

He’s going to do whatever Jim Irsay wants - and Irsay once tanked an entire season to get Andrew Luck, so let’s not assume Saturday doesn’t have his orders from the boss to lose this one.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:16 PM, mse326 said:

1b. Quentin Johnson

I really think he's going to be a top 5, possibly top 3 pick. I don't think he'll be available with our second pick. JSN is starting to grow on me though. 

For me #1 (or 2) overall is Young vs Johnston vs Carter. If we're at #2 and Young is off the board, I think I'd prefer johnston or Carter to stroud. 

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

So… Bryce it is.

I honestly always thought they were together. Stroud used to train with Deshaun. I've read somewhere that Caserio and Mulugheta have no ill wills toward each other. 

Edited by Blaze
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blaze said:

I honestly always thought they were together. Stroud used to train with Deshaun. I've read somewhere that Caserio and Mulugheta have no ill wills toward each other. 

It's possible, but I also know Mulugheta has a reputation for such shenanigans - not just Watson, but Jalen Ramsey as well.

I guess I can live with it for non-QB positions, but Mulugheta is a bit too grimey for me in relation to long term franchise affiliation. What he's doing is great for his clients, but I'm not interested in his clients if that makes sense.

On 1/1/2023 at 7:16 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

If we hired demeco ryans, would he want to bring Jimmy G or Purdy with him ?

No way SF lets Purdy get away... unless a 1st or high 2nd was being discussed

I am just fine with Meco bringing Jimmy G with him (plus Caesar-salad ties)

16 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Thinking ahead, I dont see anyone trading up for a 5'10 190lb QB, if Young is #Texans target. The problem with losing #1 overall is the options it presents. Trades, etc. 1st pick in every other round as well.

Colts definitely going to do it.  Book it.

The good: I've said I didn't want to take a QB so this puts us in a great position to do what I wanted the whole time

The bad: It also puts us in a "great" position to screw up even more by trading up to #1 to get Young

The ugly: We may also convince ourselves that Stroud is the answer

I only have three acceptable scenarios
1. We take Will Anderson
2. We take Bryce Young IF he isn't taken 1st overall
3. We trade down for a boatload of assets

4 minutes ago, mse326 said:

The good: I've said I didn't want to take a QB so this puts us in a great position to do what I wanted the whole time

The bad: It also puts us in a "great" position to screw up even more by trading up to #1 to get Young

The ugly: We may also convince ourselves that Stroud is the answer

I only have three acceptable scenarios
1. We take Will Anderson
2. We take Bryce Young IF he isn't taken 1st overall
3. We trade down for a boatload of assets

I wouldn’t mind trading down, getting more talent and punting for a new coach and QB in 2024 

27 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Colts definitely going to do it.  Book it.

If they sink a ton of resources into drafting a QB onto that team, then that might not be the worst thing in the world. It gets better if that QB is someone other than Bryce Young.

I'm compartmentalizing this turn of events by reminding myself a few things:

- Scouting season has yet to begin. The combine and pro days are going to dramatically alter these boards for the next few months.

- There is no consensus #1 QB in this draft; A few people say Young, a few people say CJ Stroud, a few people say Will Levis, I'm sure a few people are going to say Anthony Richardson (after he shows up to Indianapolis at 6' 5" 225 lbs and running a 4.35). I know who I like based on what I've seen on watching the guy, so I am hoping the other guys start putting up shining physical stats (that our guy won't replicate).

- The differences at the top of the QB rankings are truly preferential at best. Each one has something to like, maybe even love. I know what I want in a QB and I see those traits in Young; That doesn't mean Stroud or Richardson doesn't have similar traits to rely on (maybe not identical, but enough to win on Sunday). (Only QB I don't like is Will Levis - he's basically Christian Hackenberg).

I'm still upset on gaffing away the pick - because of picking who we want, we're picking whoever is left over - and that's more important to a battered fanbase, not a phyrric win against a pathetic Colts team.

• Like 2