2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

I like Young, I don't think any of the QB options available warrant a top 10 pick though if we land with that.

But it doesn't matter who we draft, if they have zero options around them, they're going to fail like Mills. Chris Conley isn't the answer, OJ Howard isn't the answer and the fact Brandin Cooks is the best we have is really bad.

10 hours ago, Drained said:

I like Young, I don't think any of the QB options available warrant a top 10 pick though if we land with that.

But it doesn't matter who we draft, if they have zero options around them, they're going to fail like Mills. Chris Conley isn't the answer, OJ Howard isn't the answer and the fact Brandin Cooks is the best we have is really bad.

We’re easily picking top 5 with our pick. And the Browns pick could possibly be around 10th overall imo

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

We’re easily picking top 5 with our pick. And the Browns pick could possibly be around 10th overall imo

i doubt it will end up being top 10.  Top 15 would be more realistic.  Them losing to the Jets Sunday is huge though.  

I'm still on the Stroud/Young train.  Need to see the other top qb's.  If Tennessee keeps winning Hendon Hooker will be gaining transaction as an early first round pick. 

• Like 2

On 9/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, Texansfan713 said:

If Tennessee keeps winning Hendon Hooker will be gaining transaction as an early first round pick. 

Hooker reminds me of our last QB - on the field, of course. I think he's going to be very good at the next level. 

• Like 2

So... gonna shoot my shot for 2024 and say Georgia TE/WR Brock Bowers needs to be considered for one of the Texans FRPs. The true Soph is listed as a TE, a lean 6' 4" 230lb guy who moves really well in space as well as in traffic. His size is like Cortland Sutton, his ball skills and running ability reminds me of Deebo Samuel. That's a scary combo for just about anyone to defend.

He's *really* good at football; His hands are ridiculously good, he has an incredible catch radius, he reads his running lanes like a RB, he's playing through a shoulder injury (so you know he's pretty tough) and knows how to move with the ball in his hands. He currently is the best target for Stetson Bennett, he's averaging roughly 21 yards per reception - he's just a really good football player.

This would be the ultimate gift for Stroud/Young/Levis - a guy who can go up and get the ball at any moment and make big plays with the ball in his hands. We saw what Sutton was able to do against a physical marvel like Stingley Jr, so let's get our young QB a guy like that.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 4:29 AM, ET80 said:

Gonna double down on this - I feel solid on Hooker, but going to go all in on Richardson at 1.1; That performance against Utah is the first of many signature wins for the 6' 4" 230lb freak athlete.

I can't say whether or not the Texans are picking 1.1, but whoever is picking there is grabbing Richardson.

So, Richardson improved his stock today, but he's still got a long way to go to get back - but Hendon Hooker just took a massive leap forward with this last game. 348 passing, 113 yards rushing while executing on drive after drive.

Keep your ears open, Hooker has some magic to his game. I don't know if he's in the top 32 yet, but he should be.

The continued growth of a few QBs is making me feel like the first Texans pick should be BPA - take a QB with the Cleveland pick, your earliest pick should be the best football player available.

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are in for a long rebuild and I’m not opposed to getting Caleb Williams in 2024 

I’m an osu fan and I’ll tell you 

Caleb Williams is the one. It’s always a risk punting till the next draft if you guys can get CJ or Bryce, but Caleb is the best qb prospect in college football. 

But it’s such a risk to pass on CJ or Bryce that I wouldn’t because you can’t guarantee being able to get the number 1 pick. But he is the best prospect. He’s different. 

7 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We are in for a long rebuild and I’m not opposed to getting Caleb Williams in 2024 

Williams, or Ewers. I wouldn’t either, but unless Mills shows some improvement throughout this season, I don’t think they’ll have a choice. Unless they let Allen try his hand at the job. 

It would be the smart move though. Continue to build the team up, so the rookie QB has a solid foundation around him

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Williams, or Ewers. I wouldn’t either, but unless Mills shows some improvement throughout this season, I don’t think they’ll have a choice. Unless they let Allen try his hand at the job. 

It would be the smart move though. Continue to build the team up, so the rookie QB has a solid foundation around him

I would venture to say that mills will be better by the end of the year and will show enough that if we don’t have a sure fire franchise QB to pick from where we draft, then we roll one more year. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The real question is if we go 0-16-1 do we fire Lovie Smith 

I think Lovie will "retire" to that Special Advisor role that Romeo Crennel held for such a long time, and the Texans will FINALLY bring in Josh McCown to be the HC...

• Like 1