2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Reminds me of fuller

I can’t shake the comparison to Corey Davis. Big dude, unusual speed and quickness, looks the part - but he can’t get open or catch the ball coming his way.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Do you guys think the Texans are locked in with Stroud or Young at #2?

Without any sort of combine/pro day stuff, I really can’t say anything. I’m of the belief that Will Anderson is definitely in the mix.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You think there's a chance that you could pass on taking a QB early?

I’d actually say it’s the betting favorite with two picks in the top 15. The cost to trade up from 12 to the 6-10 range is actually reasonable and the differences between the top guy (who is still up for debate) and the 2-4 guys is nominal and really up to preference - you could feasibly make a good argument that Anthony Richardson or Will Levis are the best QBs in terms of a 5-7 year commitment (assuming progression and improvement you need from a young QB). 

The one thing that’s not as debatable - Will Anderson is the best defensive player in this draft and will be an immediate impact starter the minute he walks into the building. 

If the Texans can hedge a Jimmy Garoppolo signing with Anthony Richardson (with a slight trade up from 12 to maybe 7) you have your QBOTF who has the luxury to sit and get mental reps, all while having a competent starting QB… and oh yeah, you have a disruptive edge with high leadership traits and football IQ as well (who probably knows your new HC on a personal level, given they both played the same position at the same college). 

That’s just my current read on the situation (which - admittedly - changes about every six weeks).

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I’d actually say it’s the betting favorite with two picks in the top 15. The cost to trade up from 12 to the 6-10 range is actually reasonable and the differences between the top guy (who is still up for debate) and the 2-4 guys is nominal and really up to preference - you could feasibly make a good argument that Anthony Richardson or Will Levis are the best QBs in terms of a 5-7 year commitment (assuming progression and improvement you need from a young QB). 

The one thing that’s not as debatable - Will Anderson is the best defensive player in this draft and will be an immediate impact starter the minute he walks into the building. 

If the Texans can hedge a Jimmy Garoppolo signing with Anthony Richardson (with a slight trade up from 12 to maybe 7) you have your QBOTF who has the luxury to sit and get mental reps, all while having a competent starting QB… and oh yeah, you have a disruptive edge with high leadership traits and football IQ as well (who probably knows your new HC on a personal level, given they both played the same position at the same college). 

That’s just my current read on the situation (which - admittedly - changes about every six weeks).

This is highly possible. I heard that it's BY or Anderson right now. I don't see anyone trading up for BY. I also heard from a friend at the combine that BY is going to be exactly the size we think he is (somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11" and under 200 lbs. Dark horse would be Tyree Wilson. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

He is done, i doubt he does jail time, but he is not longer going to go in the top 15 of the draft. 

I did read they’re misdemeanors… but it shows a very poor lack of judgement and maturity for a man who is in line to make several millions over the next few weeks.

A Jeep Trackhawk is a *FAST* vehicle, and all it takes is one lapse in judgement to end up like Henry Ruggs III - completely out of the league and staring at several decades in prison with a vehicular manslaughter charge. The manner described in the note above demonstrates a VERY stupid decision on Carter’s behalf; Driving against traffic, speeds in excess of 100mph, the deceased having a BAC of .197? No, this is not good, morality police be damned - this was VERY stupid, and especially when he knows all eyes are on him as a potential #1 pick.

Someone will take a risk earlier than expected, simply because he’s talented. Whether or not that works out is based on Carter growing up. Someone he knew died in this incident, so this needs to be a major wake-up call.