2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I did read they’re misdemeanors… but it shows a very poor lack of judgement and maturity for a man who is in line to make several millions over the next few weeks.

A Jeep Trackhawk is a *FAST* vehicle, and all it takes is one lapse in judgement to end up like Henry Ruggs III - completely out of the league and staring at several decades in prison with a vehicular manslaughter charge. The manner described in the note above demonstrates a VERY stupid decision on Carter’s behalf; Driving against traffic, speeds in excess of 100mph, the deceased having a BAC of .197? No, this is not good, morality police be damned - this was VERY stupid, and especially when he knows all eyes are on him as a potential #1 pick.

Someone will take a risk earlier than expected, simply because he’s talented. Whether or not that works out is based on Carter growing up. Someone he knew died in this incident, so this needs to be a major wake-up call.

yeah hes gonna fall like Tunsil did. I would take him at 12, I think Ryans could help him out

1 minute ago, Pastor Dillon said:

yeah hes gonna fall like Tunsil did. I would take him at 12, I think Ryans could help him out

If you take Will Anderson at 2 and Jalen Carter is there at 12, you send Dameon Pierce running angrily to the podium to make the selection. That’s an automatic pick.

Seattle has a long history of taking problem children in the draft, and they’re sitting at 5, thanks to New Orleans. This might fall into their laps, and Pete Carroll won’t lose too much sleep.

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

If you take Will Anderson at 2 and Jalen Carter is there at 12, you send Dameon Pierce running angrily to the podium to make the selection. That’s an automatic pick.

Seattle has a long history of taking problem children in the draft, and they’re sitting at 5, thanks to New Orleans. This might fall into their laps, and Pete Carroll won’t lose too much sleep.

What this could do is help us.....Bears might be less willing to trade down to 4 with the colts. If they were convinced that either anderson or carter would be there at 4 and now if they dont like carter anymore, it could change  the entire outlook of the draft.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm not touching Jalen Carter. This isn't the only example of his character. Apparently he missed his flight to the combine and one of his coaches at Georgia had nothing good to say about him.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LORK88 said:

I'm not touching Jalen Carter. This isn't the only example of his character. Apparently he missed his flight to the combine and one of his coaches at Georgia had nothing good to say about him.

I need to hear more a lot this - a lot of this is troubling, I do agree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LORK88 said:

Not an excuse (and might be even more troubling)... did he miss the flight because he had to meet with police or legal counsel?  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Would have been weird if he stayed lol. He was only gonna do measurements there any way right? Combine interviews are only 15 min. Any team seriously thinking about drafting him will definitely have him visit 

Oh, I don’t disagree. I just think it’s a bad look for him all around, and these impressions tend to linger. 

You can go all the way back to Warren Sapp to see guys drop after news like this hits. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tab said:

these guys went to college and they never learned the meaning of Lower Case

Yeah, I’m docking him simply on yelling via Caps Lock. Seriously, bro - you have an agent, let HIM draft it up.

• Like 2

Resident aggie homer post

i would love to pair Achane with Pierce. We would have a deadly 1-2 punch for years to come. Pierce is already getting recognized as one of the league’s premier power runners. Achane has blazing speed and change of direction ability. They would be a nice RB duo. Problem is that I expect Achane to tear the combine apart and get himself drafted in the 2nd round, which is way too early for us to think RB. If he’s there with our 2nd 3rd round pick, I’d strongly consider taking him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Resident aggie homer post

i would love to pair Achane with Pierce. We would have a deadly 1-2 punch for years to come. Pierce is already getting recognized as one of the league’s premier power runners. Achane has blazing speed and change of direction ability. They would be a nice RB duo. Problem is that I expect Achane to tear the combine apart and get himself drafted in the 2nd round, which is way too early for us to think RB. If he’s there with our 2nd 3rd round pick, I’d strongly consider taking him. 

Not an Aggie fan… but I buy this for sure. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

what he did is way worse than Tunsil.  I would easily pass on him at 12. 

I’ll touch on this a bit…

What he did was bad. It had disastrous consequences, too. On one hand - I remember when I was 21 and I got my first sports car (2000 Toyota Celica). I drove that thing for two weeks before I totaled it street racing. I wasn’t a bad kid (not THAT bad, no legals or priors) but clearly that was a very dumb decision on my part, one that should have ended much worse than it did. Similar to Carter in that sense (although a Trackhawk would smoke a Celica).

This being said… I wasn’t the best player on an elite college defense at 21, either. We’ve been hearing about Jalen Carter since Georgia won the National Title last season and sent six FRPs from that defense in the ‘22 draft; Of those players (including last years’ #1 pick) it was pretty much agreed upon that Carter was the best player on that D. He’s been in the eye of the scouting storm since LAST season, every single move he’d do would be scrutinized. In a world where Henry Ruggs III ruined his life by driving a Corvette 156 MPH and killed a person in the ensuing wreck, Carter felt THAT was the best thing to do at 2:30am? Cmon man, be better. You’ve got more to lose than a stupid 21 y/o ET. 

Carter has to answer a LOT of questions, but if he answers them correctly… we’ll, I can hope he learned his lesson. Would I draft him very high? No, I wasn’t about to do that BEFORE this was made public. But anything beyond 10, I’d do some extensive due diligence at the least.

Finally (hot take incoming): Carter was worse than Tunsil… because Tunsil didn’t do anything wrong.

• Like 1