2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

On 9/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, Texansfan713 said:

Looking at the next 6 opponents i only see 1 possible win at is at the Raiders.  That game will be huge for both teams to cement themselves as the worst team in the league.

That offense will get going. There’s to much talent with Adams, Jacobs and Waller. I’m sure they’ll have a field day vs our defense.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:15 AM, ET80 said:

The Bears game was one of the few I had as a W, so this is pretty accurate. Texans are about to bottom out in a big way.

Perfect timing for our rebuild honestly. Got some foundational pieces this draft, and we can add a few more the next 2 drafts with 6 premium 1st and 2nd round picks. Not to mention a couple 3’s that’ll be in the top 5

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

What if Shanny gets the ax in San Fran?

Pass - he's getting the axe because he's making some decisions that keep his team down (sticking with Jimmy so long, opting for Lance). 

I wouldn't mind it too much, but Shanny feels a lot like another placeholder - good to take a team from 6 wins to 10 wins but not too good beyond that.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Pass - he's getting the axe because he's making some decisions that keep his team down (sticking with Jimmy so long, opting for Lance). 

I wouldn't mind it too much, but Shanny feels a lot like another placeholder - good to take a team from 6 wins to 10 wins but not too good beyond that.

What about a guy like Aaron Glenn? Former player who has worked his way up and is a DC now, but could potentially be a CEO type HC who hires an OC and a DC. 

Head coaches calling defense just doesnt work very often. Its much easier to call offense as a HC because you can make adjustments when the team is on defense. When you are calling defense as a HC, there is a lot less time for making adjustments because you have to pay attention to the offense for things like game management purposes, when to go on 4th down and those kind of things.  

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

What about a guy like Aaron Glenn? Former player who has worked his way up and is a DC now, but could potentially be a CEO type HC who hires an OC and a DC. 

I honestly wanted Glenn or DeMeco Ryans to be considered for the job last season - Texans ties notwithstanding, both are really proving an acumen to the coaching side of the game.

Sign me up.