2023 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

4 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m worried about our boy Sting. He’s been one of the worst CBs in the league this year. Hopefully it’s just because he’s a young rookie that is covering the other teams best player. But we can all admit he has been bad. 

Have you watched the games? Generally asking because I don't think PFT is watching. The rankings don't match what I'm seeing. He isn't locking down but he also isn't among the worst. He has only had 1 bad game. Hard to judge him when he is in zone majority of the time. 

• Like 2

Any though on Hendon Hooker from Tennessee? He's looked poised and mobile in the pocket. I know he's 25, but maybe he could be wortha 2-3rd rounder. If we dont get Stroud at 1 or 2, i think we're gonna have to look to other rounds to get a QB and leave get the premium talent with our two firsts. 

From everything I've read Will Levis is going to rise fast due to his workouts and interviews. A lot people want to make the comparison to Josh Allen, and I'm already scared we'd reach and take him. Usually when you draft a qb based off a previous case study it doesnt work out.

9 minutes ago, ObotimusPrime said:

Any though on Hendon Hooker from Tennessee? He's looked poised and mobile in the pocket. I know he's 25, but maybe he could be wortha 2-3rd rounder. If we dont get Stroud at 1 or 2, i think we're gonna have to look to other rounds to get a QB and leave get the premium talent with our two firsts. 

From everything I've read Will Levis is going to rise fast due to his workouts and interviews. A lot people want to make the comparison to Josh Allen, and I'm already scared we'd reach and take him. Usually when you draft a qb based off a previous case study it doesnt work out.

Hookers got some Watson in his game. Didn’t realize he’s 25….

Levis seems like a Caserio guy

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

Have you watched the games? Generally asking because I don't think PFT is watching. The rankings don't match what I'm seeing. He isn't locking down but he also isn't among the worst. He has only had 1 bad game. Hard to judge him when he is in zone majority of the time. 

The stat is based on how many yards he’s given up, it’s not a subjective type stat. 

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

The stat is based on how many yards he’s given up, it’s not a subjective type stat. 

Yea I saw but I still disagree with it. They had him giving up 8 catches for 90yds last game but it was mainly because he was the nearest guy in the zone. I dont think it's an accurate way to judge him 

4 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

I actually have Hooker as the fast riser from this draft - I expect him to actually end up as a mid 1st round pick (12-30 range) as very athletic and poised QB who is putting up great numbers in a traditional-style offense with spread elements.

A lot of what he does is transferrable to the NFL. He reminds me of a QB who used to play here...

4 hours ago, ObotimusPrime said:

From everything I've read Will Levis is going to rise fast due to his workouts and interviews. A lot people want to make the comparison to Josh Allen, and I'm already scared we'd reach and take him. Usually when you draft a qb based off a previous case study it doesnt work out

I think Levis has already been flagged as a top 10 pick - probably in the 2-7 range. I think he's going to end up going higher than Bryce Young, thanks to the "swimsuit competition" that is the combine; Levis is going to show up at 6' 5" 240lbs (straight out of central casting for QBs) and will spin the ball to uncovered WRs while wearing shorts and a t-shirt - and that'll lock him into a top 5 spot. (That's how Zach Wilson went #2 overall after a lackluster career at BYU).

His upside could be Allen, but with his inconsistent footwork and arm slotting while under pressure, his downside is Blaine Gabbert. I have to see more of him to make a proper assessment, but my gut tells me he's got the most upside of the big three QBs - but also has the greatest downside of the big three. I wouldn't mind him *if* we can get better OC/QB Coaching in here - he's going to need a QB whisperer working on him frequently and immediately to get him to play to his ceiling (might even need to sit a year).

On 9/20/2022 at 1:32 PM, ET80 said:
On 9/19/2022 at 1:03 PM, Texansfan713 said:

If Tennessee keeps winning Hendon Hooker will be gaining transaction as an early first round pick. 

Hooker reminds me of our last QB - on the field, of course. I think he's going to be very good at the next level.

Maybe it's last nights' Moscow mules talking, but I think Hendon Hooker is going to jump into #1 pick discussions today.

He'll clearly outduel Bryce Young - winning might not be on the table, but he'll be heads and shoulders the best QB today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ET80 said:

Maybe it's last nights' Moscow mules talking, but I think Hendon Hooker is going to jump into #1 pick discussions today.

He'll clearly outduel Bryce Young - winning might not be on the table, but he'll be heads and shoulders the best QB today.

I was just coming here to say the opposite. I think he gets beat by 30 and the Hooker hype dies.