Jump to content

Who could get cut?


Superduperman

Recommended Posts

I'm hoping for an off ball LB who the Lions could sign before or early in camp.

What veterans could your team cut? What positions could your team use a veteran pickup at?

The Lions seem to have too many 3-4 OLBs now. One of Romeo Okwara, Julian Okwara, Charles Harris could be a surprise cut, and I expect Austin Bryant will be cut for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Acgott said:

James Bradberry is the obvious one.

He'll get traded, don't you think? 

Anyway, as a Bears fan, now that Foles is gone, it's hard to say who gets cut. Or if it will even be a dude that other teams are lining up for...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

He'll get traded, don't you think? 

Anyway, as a Bears fan, now that Foles is gone, it's hard to say who gets cut. Or if it will even be a dude that other teams are lining up for...

He’s been on the block for months, his cap hit is $21M, maybe the Giants can get a 6th or 7th, but I think if there was a market, he would been traded. Teams know Giants cannot afford him.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For Cleveland:

 

Zero chance Baker gets cut, because his money is guaranteed. Our cap situation is great right now and our rookies were all 3rd round or lower.

 

I could see Kareem Hunt being traded or De’rnest Johnson being cut. Jerome Ford could be a stud in our system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bmorecareful said:

Sam Koch and Chuck Clark… with a fourth round punter being drafted and 7 or 8 safeties on the roster… it appears the writing is on the wall for both these guys… 

Idk man Chuck is a pretty integral part of our defense getting the calls in and stuff like that, and he's a damn good player in his own right. I'd rather see us carry Chuck and use him as a dime ILB (or Hamilton there) vs. trying to carry Malik Harrison or force Brandon Stephens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nelson Agholor is a candidate. $5M savings. He got overpaid last FA after a very solid year for the Raiders, but it never really transitioned into the NE offense. With Bourne being a good fit, Parker being brought in, Meyers being a reliable slot, and a 2nd rounder being used on the speedster in Thornton, Agholor is likely on the outside looking in. 

Oh, and N’Keal Harry. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

For Cleveland:

 

Zero chance Baker gets cut, because his money is guaranteed. Our cap situation is great right now and our rookies were all 3rd round or lower.

 

I could see Kareem Hunt being traded or De’rnest Johnson being cut. Jerome Ford could be a stud in our system.

Browns are really playing it dirty with Baker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Idk man Chuck is a pretty integral part of our defense getting the calls in and stuff like that, and he's a damn good player in his own right. I'd rather see us carry Chuck and use him as a dime ILB (or Hamilton there) vs. trying to carry Malik Harrison or force Brandon Stephens.

They say we already shopping him for trade purposes… usually when that’s the case if the trade doesn’t happen the chopping block is next… I agree that chuck could possibly be an asset but let’s not forget chuck was also apart of that terrible secondary last year getting cooked… he also wore the dot so some of that miscommunication from last year has to fall in his lap too… im just saying chuck is a decent starting safety on a team that believes they have two elite starting safeties… With Brandon Stephens Tony Jefferson and AD Washington all on the roster as well I don’t see how he isn’t expendable… especially if we find another way to allocate those funds… on say… a receiver.. 

Edited by bmorecareful
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Browns are really playing it dirty with Baker. 

I mean I don't really blame them for not wanting to dump a 26 year old, top 20 QB for nothing in return while eating his entire contract. The Browns paying 18M for Baker to not play for them is something the ivy league nerd front office probably doesnt like.

Also, Baker didnt do himself any favors by demanding a trade and going on a podcast to talk about how upset he is.

Real Gs move in silence like lasagna. If Baker moved in silence, he would be on another team right now, like Matt Ryan is.

ANYWAYS:

Im going to go with Graham Glasgow being a cut. Broncos have depth at G and with his underperformance + cap hit + injuries--he could be gone

Edited by AkronsWitness
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nelson Agholor is a candidate. $5M savings. He got overpaid last FA after a very solid year for the Raiders, but it never really transitioned into the NE offense. With Bourne being a good fit, Parker being brought in, Meyers being a reliable slot, and a 2nd rounder being used on the speedster in Thornton, Agholor is likely on the outside looking in. 

Oh, and N’Keal Harry. 

I don't think Harry has any value. Would have to trade Harry and a 5th to get a 7th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...