For Those Select Few......

soulman

This may be slightly off topic but didn't know where else to post it.

I just want to say is that I really believe in Justin Fields and truly think he's one of the more dynamic and talented young QBs in the NFL.

Whether or not he puts it all together and reaches his true potential remains to be seen but man I really friggen hope he dunks on all these fools in the media like the Jason Lacanfora's of the world.

We all get that he didn't have the greatest rookie season, but we definitely saw flashes of elite play..and the fact that some people are already giving up on him after 1 year but yet are willing to remain neutral on guys like Zach Wilson,  Trey Lance and even Trevor Lawrence for example, doesn't really make much sense to me.

To suggest that the new bears regime isn't high on Fields because they didn't go hard in FA by spending big money on WRs & OL and having not spent their two 2nd round picks on offense is simply misguided.

I also believe Fields deserves the benefit of the doubt right now considering how bad of an offesinve coach Matt Nagy is.

Anyway that's all I wanted to get off my chest lol

• Like 5

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This may be slightly off topic but didn't know where else to post it.

I just want to say is that I really believe in Justin Fields and truly think he's one of the more dynamic and talented young QBs in the NFL.

Whether or not he puts it all together and reaches his true potential remains to be seen but man I really friggen hope he dunks on all these fools in the media like the Jason Lacanfora's of the world.

We all get that he didn't have the greatest rookie season, but we definitely saw flashes of elite play..and the fact that some people are already giving up on him after 1 year but yet are willing to remain neutral on guys like Zach Wilson,  Trey Lance and even Trevor Lawrence for example, doesn't really make much sense to me.

To suggest that the new bears regime isn't high on Fields because they didn't go hard in FA by spending big money on WRs & OL and having not spent their two 2nd round picks on offense is simply misguided.

I also believe Fields deserves the benefit of the doubt right now considering how bad of an offesinve coach Matt Nagy is.

I think some national media are down on him and bears fans and local media are positive.

The difference is local people follow practice, scrimmages and preseason and national people just games.   And the games didn’t look good for most part.  We have seen enough flashes and know the total circumstances of last year better to be positive still.

The national media that is high and those down on him are still projecting from their draft opinion and aren’t ready to let it go in whatever direction they started yet.  

• Like 1

Plus it is always easier to predict failure than success.  The odds are with you.  It makes you feel and to some look smart.  

I’ll never forget Tiger Woods first Masters when Chicago Trib had a full two page spread on why he wouldn’t win this time out because he lacked experience.   This was when everyone read newspaper sports section.  

And then he went out and won by like 17.  It was crazy embarrassing for them. 

19 hours ago, topwop1 said:

We saw flashes last year of truly special play. And I mean crazy good. 

Let's all also remember @soulmanwas totally right Elijah Wilkinson. The guy is a garbage player. 

I'm not sure who's giving up on him? But I'm not on Twitter, reddit, and such. 

I've said it a lot of times before...we don't yet know who the best QB from last year's class is.

It could well be Fields. 

There's a lot of misguided **** flying about Bears fandom (and even the media, to some degree) these days. 

Nagy should have been fired before last season. Maybe that butterfly effects Fields onto a different team, but either way, Nagy did Fields no favors. 

Unload any time, good dude! 

• Like 1