2022 RDT

DreamKid

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Looks like Bowser will return against the Saints. He had one of the most complex roles within Wink's defense and I'm curious how his responsibilities or usage might shift under MM, especially with him coming back off an achilles. 

Bowser and Ojabo are going to play, likely on VERY strict pitch counts just to get some reps before the bye week.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Is there any chance we keep both Smith and Queen moving forward?

Not unless Roquan wants to share his $20m with PQ. Maybe he’s a nice guys at heart.

That or not pay Lamar. But then we’d find ourselves in the same situation as the Jets, Steelers, etc. great defense with a really bad offense… only one that isn’t uniquely picking up yards to win games.

8 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not unless Roquan wants to share his $20m with PQ. Maybe he’s a nice guys at heart.

That or not pay Lamar. But then we’d find ourselves in the same situation as the Jets, Steelers, etc. great defense with a really bad offense… only one that isn’t uniquely picking up yards to win games.

EDIT: See my corrections below

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

During Huntley's 4 starts last year, we averaged: 25PPG and 338YPG

In 2022 we are averaging: 24.8 PPG and 360YPG

So, I guess where I'm going with this, is that our offense this year hasn't really even improved from what we saw from 4 games of Tyler Huntley last year. And that's even with Lamar's first 4 or whatever games included where he was essentially a buzzsaw. The major difference is that we're winning games this year, whereas last year we lost 3/4 of those games with Huntley and I think all of those losses were on the last play of the game IIRC.

Now, does that mean Huntley is better than Lamar? No, absolutely not. I think the point I'm making is that if in some alternate universe we did let Lamar walk, we've already got a glimpse of what our offense can do with another QB, and not even a good one. It's not nearly as bad as what we're seeing from the Jets, Steelers, etc. this year - it's right in line with what we're seeing from current Lamar.

Huntley didn’t have rbs but he had receivers… he had Hollywood Watkins and Bateman… to go along with Andrews… the line is better this year and drake is better than what we had last year… but Bateman is injured Hollywood is gone and Andrews has missed time too… As far as offensive weapons this team is a shell of the outside options Huntley had… so the comparison when taken into context isn’t a fair one 

19 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

Huntley didn’t have rbs but he had receivers… he had Hollywood Watkins and Bateman… to go along with Andrews… the line is better this year and drake is better than what we had last year… but Bateman is injured Hollywood is gone and Andrews has missed time too… As far as offensive weapons this team is a shell of the outside options Huntley had… so the comparison when taken into context isn’t a fair one 

I need to correct my previous post because I did the math wrong and also didn't include the 2nd Cleveland game where Lamar only played like 10 snaps:

Huntley in 5 games: 20.17PPG and 347YPG

Lamar in 11 games: 24.18PPG and 396YPG

Lamar in 10 games in 2022: 24.8PPG and 350YPG

That's probably a much better representation of the difference between Lamar and Huntley. Team is still scoring over 24 PPG but the yardage has slipped a lot despite a better offensive line and a much improved running game.