Grade the draft

JAF-N72EX

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

How long have you been watching football? Because GMs get blamed for it all the time.

They get blamed when they take a chance on a bad medical, not when they pass on guys because their doctors said a guy wont hold up.

I also said rational, which I guess I should know my audience better

Edited by StLunatic88

2 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

the WR room is pretty full in KC in front of him even without Hill. Hardman, MVS, Juju and Skyy Moore should all be ahead of him on their depth chart, at minimum. 

In a room full of fringe 2’s or 3’s (or 4’s, lbh) I’d feel very comfortable signing on that team. And if anyone can make me look better than I am it’s probably Mahomes 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

What? Signing Ross would not have stopped people from being invested in Jones. That's nonsense. Adding a player like Ross would've just added more potential talent at a weak position and given fans something else to look forward too.

Oh, ok. I don’t disagree with that at all but that isn’t what my post said to which you responded. I said:

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

If we had signed Ross a good chunk of our fan base would be immediately more invested in his success than that of Velus Jones too. No question. 

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They get blamed when they take a chance on a bad medical, nit when they pass on guys because their doctors said a guy wont hold up.

AI also said rational, which I guess I should know my audience better

They get blamed either way. What the hell are you talking about? When a GM passes on a guy, even for a possible injury, and that player turns out to be a good the GM gets blamed for it.

2 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

They get blamed either way. What the hell are you talking about? When a GM passes on a guy, even for a possible injury, and that player turns out to be a good the GM gets blamed for it.

On a Spinal Fusion? Please find me that

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Are we or arent we talking about Justyn Ross?

I havent moved anything, Sounds like you have no clue were the goalposts of this conversation are

You keep going on about how GMs dont get blamed for medical records and that's false.

Yeah we're talking about a player who had spinal fusion who has a alot of potential and the Bears wouldn't have risked anything at all by signing him.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You keep going on about how GMs dont get blamed for medical records and that's false.

Still waiting for you to present literally any evidence of someone credible blaming a GM for passing on drafting a player because their Medical Staff (not to mention the rest of the leagues medical staffs) deemed them too high of a risk.

And remember, you are the one making this a general statement, I was specifically talking about Ross, but Im giving you an out here

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah we're talking about a player who had spinal fusion who has a alot of potential and the Bears wouldn't have risked anything at all by signing him.

Once again, I never said we shouldnt have signed him. I said we shouldnt have used a draft pick on him, the original argument that you have clearly lost site of. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Once again, I never said we shouldnt have signed him.

Then what was the point in you arguing about it for the last hour? Jesus ...talk about being lost in the conversation.

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I said we shouldnt have used a draft pick on him, the original argument that you have clearly lost site of. 

I didn't lose site at all. Your poor reason as to why they shouldn't have drafted him was a bad argument regarding something completely irrelevant (rookie contracts).

Poles can do no wrong in the eyes of fans who have their heads so far up his *** for no other reason than he's new lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Then what was the point in you arguing about it for the last hour? Jesus ...talk about being lost in the conversation.

YOU were the one who started in with me. Its impressive how dense some of you are 

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I didn't lose site at all. Your poor reason as to why they shouldn't have drafted him was a bad argument regarding something completely irrelevant (rookie contracts).

My poor reason? you mean the reason that all 32 NFL teams used? Seeing as none of them used any of their draft picks on them. That they did the calculation, and decided his physical health was not a risk worth taking, even in the 6th, 7th and Compensatory picks. Even in the Priority UDFA frenzy, nothing for Ross

But Sure, you know better than all of them.....

YOU were the one who started in with me. Its impressive how dense some of you are 

200.gif

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

My poor reason? 

Yes your poor reason that's irrelevant as stated here....

Using even one of the 6th/7th rounders on him is a huge risk, because you are passing on a potential 4 year contract for someone who may never really be able to play with that kind of injury.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes your poor reason that's irrelevant as stated here....

Its literally the reason that all the teams in the league passed on him. The draft pick contract is more valuable, than the UFDA one, not in year 1, but in year 4.

But sure just keep ducking the points, use memes that show you have no proof of any of your claims, and just all around making a fool of yourself arguing with people about points you are making up in your head because your mad at Poles about what again? Oh yea, hes not doing exactly every little thing that you would in all of your infinite wisdom

• Like 1

But sure just keep ducking the points

I already addressed it and showed why it's irrelevant and if you really need me to hold your hand to show you the proof then here.  That's literally the opposite of ducking.

Once again, you are lost. But sure, it's everyone else.