Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Who was Charlize suppose to be?

Clea. Doctor Strange's longtime girlfriend and fellow sorcerer in the comics who eventually becomes his wife. She has a boatload of history with Strange compared with Christine/Night Nurse who I don't think was ever connected to Stephen in the source material. I was hoping we would be getting Clea soon, but I wasn't expecting anything until maybe a third Doctor Strange film. So that was a really nice surprise in addition to her being played by Theron. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:
4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Who was Charlize suppose to be?

Clea. Doctor Strange's longtime girlfriend and fellow sorcerer in the comics who eventually becomes his wife. She has a boatload of history with Strange compared with Christine/Night Nurse who I don't think was ever connected to Stephen in the source material. I was hoping we would be getting Clea soon, but I wasn't expecting anything until maybe a third Doctor Strange film. So that was a really nice surprise in addition to her being played by Theron. 

To add to this she’s Dormammu’s niece essentially in the comics, her and her mother (another strange villian) usually being in or stuck in a human form. Which is why we saw the dark dimension within that portal.

I wonder if Umar, her mom, will be the chief antagonist in the next one. Could be the Frances Mcdormand role that there was some speculation on, or since they are extra dimensional beings who don’t need to age… Toni Collette would be awesome as a villain.

• Like 2

I liked it.

Some parts were VERY over the top and horror movie tropes, and I feel like for the casual marvel fans are gonna hate this since it’s very different.

Scarlet witch was awesome and the Illuminati part was very good. But at times the plot was all over the place.

I am a big horror movie fan so I probably liked the music score and jump scares more than most but overall it was a different fun movie that didn’t take itself to seriously like with the music notes scene which was odd but I didn’t hate it.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

To add to this she’s Dormammu’s niece essentially in the comics, her and her mother (another strange villian) usually being in or stuck in a human form. Which is why we saw the dark dimension within that portal.

I wonder if Umar, her mom, will be the chief antagonist in the next one. Could be the Frances Mcdormand role that there was some speculation on, or since they are extra dimensional beings who don’t need to age… Toni Collette would be awesome as a villain.

Yes, that would be a good direction to explore. 

BTW, I'm guessing this is most certainly the end of the road for Christine being involved in anything else MCU, which is a little unfortunate because I like Rachael McAdams. And if this is also the end of the road for Baron Mordo, that's a shame, because we never really got to see him and Strange go up against one another, which Strange even implied happened in the 616 offscreen. 

• Like 1

I loved it, I thought it was very fun. With all the reports of multiple cameos and reshoots, I thought we would have seen more cameos then what we got. Little disappointed it didn’t open the multiverse more though. I thought we would have gotten some major tease for Kang, mutants or some major long term problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes, that would be a good direction to explore. 

BTW, I'm guessing this is most certainly the end of the road for Christine being involved in anything else MCU, which is a little unfortunate because I like Rachael McAdams. And if this is also the end of the road for Baron Mordo, that's a shame, because we never really got to see him and Strange go up against one another, which Strange even implied happened in the 616 offscreen. 

I think 616 Mordo will be back, but have a hard time seeing him be a main antagonist.

Feel like the next one he could come in to go after strange but have to become an unwilling ally.to fight a great threat.

I wonder if with Christine we see her do an “Night Nurse”ing 

27 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I loved it, I thought it was very fun. With all the reports of multiple cameos and reshoots, I thought we would have seen more cameos then what we got. Little disappointed it didn’t open the multiverse more though. I thought we would have gotten some major tease for Kang, mutants or some major long term problem.

Yeah I coulda gone for like one other universe jump, like it woulda been cool to see a Dark Reign universe or somethingz

A suit of armor lands and Strange is actually relieve to see Tony, then it opens up and it’s Osborn. Which would fit in well with having just dealt with him in No Way Home. Sony would need to ok it but that would’ve been fun.

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

People keep saying Wanda is OP, they haven’t heard of Franklin Richard’s yet

Marvel should make a short 5 minute YouTube clip of Franklin going after Wanda for revenge. It probably wouldn’t even take that long. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Marvel should make a short 5 minute YouTube clip of Franklin going after Wanda for revenge. It probably wouldn’t even take that long. 

I mean he could take down all the villains and hero in the MCU in that 5 minute clip and still have time for a post credit scene

• Like 2

I think this movie suffered from too much hype and speculation before release. So many rumors that didn't end up being true and I think people ended up disappointed as a result.

I'm not saying the movie was great but I think it would have been received a bit better without so many of the pre release rumors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Acgott said:

Little disappointed it didn’t open the multiverse more though.

Im the opposite. Too much multiverse gets convoluted.

Besides all the people banging the table about stakes would have even more to complain about because there is always another version of the same character. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im the opposite. Too much multiverse gets convoluted.

Besides all the people banging the table about stakes would have even more to complain about because there is always another version of the same character. 

It is nice that they set up that like “hey co-universe goes pretty bad most of the time”. 
cause yeah that removal of stakes would suck.

Its a card they can play some, but if it became a habit what would be the point?

I think we’ll get some of it coming out of Secret Wars, but that will be like a justifiable event. Strange 3 seems like it might be setting up some further build up to that too.