Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

And while I’m at it, can I FINALLY get Mr. Sinister?

I’m down for sinister, Phoenix I really don’t need again personally.

Apocalypse was so botched that I’d be down for him being done properly, with his ties to Sinister it makes sense too.

• Like 1

The cameos were great. I'm hoping Krasinski sticks as Reed Richards, he just fits the part much like Cumberbatch does with Strange. 

The movie wasn't bad...just not what I was expecting, and it was too much of a Raimi film for me. The musical number was just a bit off, some of the dialogue with the demons was awful. 

That can't be the end for Wanda can it? I dunno...I was hoping for a lot more of a leadway into the multiverse and what's to come. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tetsujin said:

I wish they would’ve held some info back about this, especially the cameos.

There was a preview where you heard Patrick Stewart talking as Professor X - it was still great seeing him in his official MCU appearance, sure. But… had it been a surprise, I would have completely freaked out in joy.

(This being said, I apparently nearly broke my wife’s hand by squeezing it too hard when I first heard him talk).

• Like 2

I thought the deaths of all the sorcerers and the Illuminati slaughter was kind of blown right by, as long as America was kept safe it didn't matter who was caught in SW's path... Found that odd. You could say that's just a byproduct of the frantic pace of the film, certainly no time to mourn, but then there is a scene in the climax where America is on the table and in a last effort pleading with SW says something along the lines of "your kids wouldn't want this if it means killing me"... as if SW didn't already kill countless innocent people, and the bridge too far would be killing America. I don't know, it's minor and I could just reading into things wrong since my friends did not have follow this complaint.

I just was not a fan of this steep heel turn from Wanda, especially after the whole arc we just finished in WandaVision. All that to get completely erased by the darkhold and essentially be a new character? When they inevitably bring her back are we supposed to ignore the fact that she's been villainous for like 85% of her screen time this saga, or do we have to go through another redemption arc for her?

Overall I liked it. Some creative directions Raimi took it in which I appreciated, I loved the cameos, and Cumberbatch nailed it. It was a bit of a let down only because I was expecting this to be the film that starts the setup for the next big Avengers.

• Like 2

Thought it was ok, but I had high expectations.  Visually the movie is incredible, really great work and creativity there, but the movie itself lacked some substance.  Also felt some scenes were really poorly acted or bad dialogue.

Overall would give it a 6/10

• Like 2

Give the movie about 7/10. I don’t think all the rumors that didn’t end up being true took away from the movie at all. I completely forget about the Tom cruise one till someone mentioned it in this thread. My gf and I were the only ones who even make some type of nose for John as Reed Richards.

im not buying the over saturation thing either. People watch so many tv shows and movies every year, I don’t think 3 superhero movies a year is forcing it. It’ll never get old to me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I just was not a fan of this steep heel turn from Wanda, especially after the whole arc we just finished in WandaVision.

I think you and I came out of WandaVision differently. She held and entire town hostage. When she realized what she was doing SHE DOUBLED DOWN - literally by making the hex bigger. In the end she beats Agatha who was only ever really a threat to HER and lets the town go.. sure.. but only at the behest of Vision. Does she turn herself in after this? Nope, she WIPES Agatha's mind despite being told that what she was doing to the townspeople was HARD torture she does it again to Agatha then saunters of with a book of pure evil to bring her kids back to life - selfishly. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I think you and I came out of WandaVision differently. She held and entire town hostage. When she realized what she was doing SHE DOUBLED DOWN - literally by making the hex bigger. In the end she beats Agatha who was only ever really a threat to HER and lets the town go.. sure.. but only at the behest of Vision. Does she turn herself in after this? Nope, she WIPES Agatha's mind despite being told that what she was doing to the townspeople was HARD torture she does it again to Agatha then saunters of with a book of pure evil to bring her kids back to life - selfishly. 

Coulda gone for a slightly longer bridge for the two, but yeah it wasn’t much of a leap. I’m curious how Agatha will be without the Darkhold, I guess Wanda’s spell breaks at the end of this, which sets up Agatha’s show? Unless is a prequel show.

27 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Coulda gone for a slightly longer bridge for the two, but yeah it wasn’t much of a leap. I’m curious how Agatha will be without the Darkhold, I guess Wanda’s spell breaks at the end of this, which sets up Agatha’s show? Unless is a prequel show.

I think it is important to note that originally MoM comes out right after WandaVision 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I think it is important to note that originally MoM comes out right after WandaVision 

Yeah and I’m glad I rewatched it. 

Just that WV post credit scene didn’t necessarily scream she’s being corrupted. Just going off what they showed, not using like comic knowledge, there was somewhat of a jump. But again it was close enough to not ruin things out the gate,