Peak Mahomes or peak Farve?

Kiwibrown

Who wins   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who was better?

Mahomes 2018 was better than any season of Favre's, even when adjusted to era/competition.  

Looking back on Favre's MVP run, he put up great stats in 1995, and in 1996 and 1996 the Packers won 13 games that year so they kept giving Favre the MVP because he led the league in TDs. 

Looking over the efficiency numbers, however, the Packers passing offense was not particularly dominant from 1995-97. Favre was 3rd, 4th, and 6th in DVOA those years. Yes he threw a lot of TDs, but I don't think Favre was as dominant as having back-to-back-to-back MVPs would make him seem.  

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Mahomes 2018 was better than any season of Favre's, even when adjusted to era/competition.  

Looking back on Favre's MVP run, he put up great stats in 1995, and in 1996 and 1996 the Packers won 13 games that year so they kept giving Favre the MVP because he led the league in TDs. 

Looking over the efficiency numbers, however, the Packers passing offense was not particularly dominant from 1995-97. Favre was 3rd, 4th, and 6th in DVOA those years. Yes he threw a lot of TDs, but I don't think Favre was as dominant as having back-to-back-to-back MVPs would make him seem.  

Are you just going off stats or did you actually watch Favre? Stats rarely tell the whole story. It's hard to explain to the younger generation just how good Favre was in 1995 and 1996 (the Favre that Holmgren kept from making bone-headed plays). Same with John Elway in the 1980s (not the Elway that was carried to a couple of Super Bowl titles).

53 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Are you just going off stats or did you actually watch Favre? Stats rarely tell the whole story. It's hard to explain to the younger generation just how good Favre was in 1995 and 1996 (the Favre that Holmgren kept from making bone-headed plays). Same with John Elway in the 1980s (not the Elway that was carried to a couple of Super Bowl titles).

I was definitely watching in 1995, but obviously back then you only see a team like GB when they have national games or playoffs. So I'd guess maybe I saw them 3 or 4 times per year.