Y: Mooney, Moore

F [Slot]: Pringle, Jones

TE: Kmet, Horsted, Griffin, O'Shaunessey

LT: Borom, Jones

LG: Whitehair

C Patrick, Kramer

RG: Thomas, Carter

RT: Jenkins, Davenport

We obviously could still use a veteran RG and WR.

If we wanted to get really crazy I think an upgrade over Davenport is out there. 

3 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Good athletic ability, but line up is mostly unproven.  A lot of hope and projection.

Not sure that is going to OL card even with no additions.  

I agree, at least we have a ton of young and athletic options and are not having losers like Musty, Dozier, and Davenport being the primary options.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I agree, at least we have a ton of young and athletic options and are not having losers like Musty, Dozier, and Davenport being the primary options.

Yup but last year we had like 5 injuries in a week so imagine all 3 starting LOL.  

if that happens Fields should be like Siemian you’re in! 

17 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

This is a rumor from a friend of a friend that has been right in the past...

The Bears are right in the middle of the Will Fuller market.

Even though he would only play 3.14 games per season for us he could really make a sizeable contribution to the team when he was on the field. The WR group would undoubtedly look better with him than without him.

Here is division for comparison.   

I just noticed.   None of guys on Bears below was a first round pick.   I think GB has just Watkins off top of my head.   MN and Detroit a bunch of them are.  

Amon St. Brown                 Pringle                                       Watkins                             Jefferson

Jameson Williams              Mooney                                     Watson                             Theilen

Chark                                   St. Brown or Velus                    Cobb or Lazard             Osborn

Hockenson                        Kmet                                             Tonyan                           Smith

Decker                              Borom                                           Bakhtiari                          Darrisaw

Jackson                           Whitehair                                        Runyan                           Ingram or Ezra

Ragnow                               Patrick                                           Myers                           Bradbury

Vaitai                                    Thomas or Dozier                     Newman                         Davis  

Sewell                                 Jenkins                                       Jenkins                          O'Neill

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

QB: Fields, Siemien

RB: Monty, Herb, Ebner, Blasingame

X: ESB

Y: Mooney, Moore

F [Slot]: Pringle, Jones

TE: Kmet, Horsted, Griffin, O'Shaunessey

LT: Borom, Jones

LG: Whitehair

C Patrick, Kramer

RG: Thomas, Carter

RT: Jenkins, Davenport

We obviously could still use a veteran RG and WR.

If we wanted to get really crazy I think an upgrade over Davenport is out there. 

Pringle played inside and out in KC and I would expect that to be the case here. I don’t think anyone is projecting ESB into a primary role. After adding Moore last week and now Velus I’d say it’s probably a coin flip at best ESB makes the roster.

Spotrac has ESB’s contract as $965k with zero guarantees. That should tell us a whole lot about what they expect. He and Moore both got vet minimum deals with no guarantees. That’s where ESB is competing - at the bottom of the depth chart. 

I think it is clear we are still missing another true X receiver and a OG to compete for snaps with some of these young guys...I suspect these guys will come from other teams as we don't seem to have a ton of interest in some of the FAs out there.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think it is clear we are still missing another true X receiver

He's not nearly the same player he used to be, but i would throw an offer towards julio to be a security blanket for JF. i doubt he would come here, would most likely look for a ring, but at 33 he could still be a decently reliable player when on the field

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pringle played inside and out in KC and I would expect that to be the case here. I don’t think anyone is projecting ESB into a primary role. After adding Moore last week and now Velus I’d say it’s probably a coin flip at best ESB makes the roster.

Spotrac has ESB’s contract as $965k with zero guarantees. That should tell us a whole lot about what they expect. He and Moore both got vet minimum deals with no guarantees. That’s where ESB is competing - at the bottom of the depth chart. 

I think he will make the team. The team pursued him early in free agency and the rumor was Getsy wanted him. I think he makes the team and will get the first shot at X.

I liked St. Brown out of college as a late round pick with upside.   

A lot of people did.

Like more than, who was Bears 4th or 5th rounder with brother for Falcons ... Ridley.  I liked him more than I liked Riley Ridley.

I thought he would be a solid 3rd WR in league by now as a prospect.

• Like 2