Washington signs G Trai Turner to 1 yr $3 million

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious why you think the Dline got worse?  I think it could be argued that we didn't efficiently utilized our 2nd round pick, but he should but an upgrade over the DT depth we had last year.  We have Chase Young returning from injury. I think our Dline will be better than last year.  

ah yes, The chosen one , the generational talent , the can't miss pick . I can't wait to see #99 dominate !

31 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm curious why you think the Dline got worse?  I think it could be argued that we didn't efficiently utilized our 2nd round pick, but he should but an upgrade over the DT depth we had last year.  We have Chase Young returning from injury. I think our Dline will be better than last year.  

Part of it is the quantity — having two quality depth DTs gives us flexibility to weather an injury with no major drop-off. Currently, one injury to a Bama boy and we’re staring at Daniel Wise playing 25+ snaps a game. I’m a Wise fan, but that’s not ideal on a defense that was ostensively built around its DL. 

Part of it is uncertainty — I don’t yet know what Mathis can do, though I like some of what I saw when watching him. I know what Settle and Greek can do, so there was an added sense of security about the quality of our depth when we had them. 

Part of it is treating Payne as though he has one foot out the door — it very much feels like they’re going to let him follow those other guys out the door, and so I’m probably factoring that into my perception as well. 

On 5/2/2022 at 3:04 PM, aceinthehouse said:

The dude is a 5-time probowler. I would bet he starts at RG.

Our line is gonna be better than what the Colts had for Wentz. Heck, it was last yr.

Plus, we have the rookie Paul for depth.

We have McLaurin, Samuels, Dyami Brown & Dotson.

Logan Thomas, Bates & Cole Taylor at TE.

Gibson, McKissic & now Robinson in the backfield. 

We're 3-deep at every position on Offense including QB. 

With the exception to OT.

This team is making the Playoffs, gentleman.

flustered-laughing.gif

• 2 weeks later...