The Bears Defensive Depth Chart

WindyCity

Haha....i liked how this turned into a TE thread...my initial point was just that the Bears have more weapons than people think.... we legit needed to take defense with our picks....i would argue that we need to go defense next year as well...presumably losing Quinn, our front 7 is like only Roqouan 

We have a ton of money next year, sign a WR and keep building that D with the draft

19 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha....i liked how this turned into a TE thread...my initial point was just that the Bears have more weapons than people think.... we legit needed to take defense with our picks....i would argue that we need to go defense next year as well...presumably losing Quinn, our front 7 is like only Roqouan 

We have a ton of money next year, sign a WR and keep building that D with the draft

I think it’s a distinct possibility with regard to the offense that the Bears have more weapons than people think while also being in a place where they could/should have had more. People (especially nationally) talk like the cupboards in Chicago are bare, and they’re not. They’re just not overflowing. There’s a difference. 

47 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think it’s a distinct possibility with regard to the offense that the Bears have more weapons than people think while also being in a place where they could/should have had more. People (especially nationally) talk like the cupboards in Chicago are bare, and they’re not. They’re just not overflowing. There’s a difference. 

Main problem is hope for many of WRs is based on projection, potential and scheme rather than proven track record.

Always easier and safer to predict and expect failure, because failure in a large competition is most likely outcome. 

But there is a world where one or more of these guys emerges as an unexpected success along side Mooney who I think has proven himself as a solid NFL wr regardless of scheme or QB.

I have always maintained that QBs make WRs more so than WRs make QBs.  A lot of the success or failure will depend on Fields.  

But we also have to keep in mind guys like ESB and Pringle played with pretty good QBs already.  At same time you could argue they were behind better guys.  Or they and guys like Velus could be late in developing and may step up or in were need of greater opportunity and reps to do so. 

But that goes back to original point of projection and potential.  A lot we just don’t know yet.   Odds are most of these guys won’t work, but one or more may.  

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

A lot we just don’t know yet.   Odds are most of these guys won’t work, but one or more may.  

That’s the thing for me. They won’t all meet or exceed expectations, but they don’t have to either. We just need someone to step up, whether that’s Pringle from a capable 3 to a capable 2, Velus being able to fill an immediate role, etc. Each of the WRs brought in has some discernible skills (some more than others) with which to work. If Getsy is a capable play caller and if Fields is what we think he will be then it won’t be the dumpster fire many are projecting.

Best case scenario with everything going well (meaning Fields takes a huge jump, Mooney is a 1300+ yard WR, Pringle/Velus/whoever prove to be solid players or better, Getsy is solid and the OL is at least adequate) and this could be a top 8 offense. If eeeeeeeeverything goes our way. To be clear, that’s not my expectation in any way. Conversely, if we end up in the bottom 3 on offense that probably means that pretty much eeeeeeeeverything goes wrong (Fields takes no step, Mooney takes a step back, the rest of the WRs are non-factors, the OL is a sieve and Getsy is in way over his head). Reality is it’ll probably end up somewhere between the two. 

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I just read the comments and respond occasionally.  Didn't even know what thread i was in.  LOL

Haha, that was my whole point...didn't mean to derail the thread.....just saying we needed defense waaaayy more than we needed "getting Fields some help" 

We legit have the best RB tandem in the division, and a 1k receiver 

Defense has always been the Bears calling card and we have a defensive coach.....we kind of have nothing on that side of the ball......i don't know why Jaylen Johnson didn't show up to OTAs!?

I'm just saying....this Bears D is really bad.....Bears O is sneaky good

Edited by MonserinNC

35 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Haha, that was my whole point...didn't mean to derail the thread.....just saying we needed defense waaaayy more than we needed "getting Fields some help" 

We legit have the best RB tandem in the division, and a 1k receiver 

Defense has always been the Bears calling card and we have a defensive coach.....we kind of have nothing on that side of the ball......i don't know why Jaylen Johnson didn't show up to OTAs!?

I'm just saying....this Bears D is really bad.....Bears O is sneaky good

The Vikings and Packers both have a better RB duo than the Bears have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

The Vikings and Packers both have a better RB duo than the Bears have

So you really telling me you would want the often injured Cook and Aaron Jones over Monty and Herbert? You are out of your mind haha

I get that Bears fans are cynical but I'm not sure why we think we just suck

30 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

So you really telling me you would want the often injured Cook and Aaron Jones over Monty and Herbert? You are out of your mind haha

I get that Bears fans are cynical but I'm not sure why we think we just suck

Yards from Scrimmage (since 2019):

Cook - 4955
Jones - 4207
Montgomery - 3732

• Like 1