BDL 2017 Week 10: Singapore Sentinels @ Charleston Dingos

Whicker

Singapore Sentinels @ Charleston Dingos  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Carlton Dinguses

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/15/2017 at 03:00 PM

BDL 2017 Week 10: 

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For people who have been following along and wish to vote: please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (GTD) are game-time decisions.

Singapore Sentinels

QB: Ben Roethlisberger 
RB1:  LeVeon Bell 
WR1: Keenan Allen
WR2: Mohamed Sanu
WR3: Larry Fitzgerald 
TE1: Jesse James
LT: Lane Taylor
LG: Andy Levitre
C: Rodney Hudson
RG: Josh Kline
RT: Donald Stephenson
--------------------
OL6: Cameron Fleming
RB2: Kareem Hunt
RB3: Thomas Rawls
RB4: Elijah McGuire
WR4: Corey Davis
WR5: Terrance Williams
WR6: Phillip Dorsett
TE2: A.J. Derby 

RDE: Matt Judon
DT: Aaron Donald
NT: Linval Joseph
LDE: Danielle Hunter 
MLB: Deion Jones
WLB: Shaq Thompson
LB/NS: Sean Davis   
CB: Trae Waynes 
CB: Jalen Mills
FS: Duron Harmon
SS: John Johnson III 
--------------------
DE3: Stephen Weatherly
DE4: Taco Charlton
DT2: Johnathan Hankins
SCB: Quandre Diggs
CB4: Dre Kirkpatrick
LB3: Jaylon Smith
S4: Marcus Maye

Charleston Offense:

QB1: Phillip Rivers
RB1: Melvin Gordon
WR1: Golden Tate 
WR2: Rishard Matthews
TE: Jimmy Graham 
TE2: Julius Thomas
LT: Joe Staley
LG: Cody Whitehair
C:  Mitch Morse
RG: Brandon Brooks
RT: Nate Solder

Bench:
FB: Andy Janovich
RB2: Demarco Murray
RB3: Aaron Jones 
WR3: Randall Cobb 
WR4: Kendall Wright
WR5: Mike Williams
OL6: Kelvin Beachum
OL7: A.Q Shipley

Charleston Defense:

LDE: Derrick Morgan 
3T:  Malik Jackson
DT:  Leonard Williams
RDE: Shane Ray
WLB: Lavonte David
MLB: Myles Jack
CB1: Marcus Peters 
CB2: Brandon Carr
CB3: Stephon Gilmore -[Q]
FS: Byron Jones
SS: Micah Hyde

Bench:

SLB: Paul Poslusky
RLB: Thomas Davis
DE3: Mario Addison
DT3: Brandon Mebane
DT4: Johnathan Bullard
CB4: Steven Nelson
CB5: Ross Cockrell
S3:  Ricardo Allen

SINGAPORE Week 10

Motivation

@Iforgotwhoownssingapore be prepared for the most medicore gameplan of the week. 

Offense (3 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE)

We’ll try and stay balanced again this week and control the clock with our run game. Mostly outside runs this week as the middle of the Dingos D is their strength.  Bell is gearing up for another playoff run while we keep Hunt on a snap count to keep him from hitting the rookie wall.

Seems we’re resting the OT’s this week to give our backups a chance to shine.;) Lane Taylor shined earlier this year in a spot start and should be fine against Morgan. Stephenson is actually the starter now at RT with Menelik Watson out for the year.

We’ll try and get the TE’s a little more involved this week as A.J. Derby has been a bright spot lately. Otherwise, Big Ben will try and stay away from Marcus Peters and hit the open receiver. Gilmore not playing should give a boost to our WR Corp with us trying to get Corey Davis more snaps this week.

Defense: 4-3-4

The Top DL in the BDL gets old man Rivers this week. Griffen will look to continue his sack streak this week against Solder. Hunter battles Mike Remmers. Lol. The middle of the DL will collapse the pocket to give Rivers as little time as possible to hit Tate and his other receivers.

Keeping with the extra S/LB in the box this week. Sean Davis will have his sights set on Jimmy Graham this week, Shaq Thompson will be a spy on Melvin Gordon out of the backfield. Deion Jones directs the defense and close off the short routes over the middle.

Waynes will take main cover responsibilities on Tate this  help from Harmon over the top. Mills will cover Cobb and JJ3 will have deep cover duties this week. Diggs will come in as needed in Nickel situations on Matthews.

Motivation: We're 2-7 at this point in the season and we know that our season is over but we'd still like to play spoiler and drag some other teams down in the mud with us.

Charleston Offensive Strategy: Ground Control offense that will focus on controling the clock and keeping Ben off the field. We'll also use 2 TE sets as our base offense to give Singapore something they wouldn't expect for us to use and throw them off a little bit.

The Passing Strategy: Phillip Rivers has the task this week of picking apart Singapore's pass defense and we'll keep it simple this week by using a 2 TE set as our base offense to help block in the run game and pass protect against an elite d-line. Golden Tate will continue to be our top WR while we've made a switch that was probably long overdue and demoted Cobb to the 3rd WR and Matthews will take his spot as the secondary wideout. We're going to target Jalen Mills relentlessly and we'll try and get Jimmy Graham lined up against him whenever he's on the field and if that's not possible we'll throw to whoever he's covering. We'll involve Graham along with Thomas heavily in the passing game and we'll use them quite a bit to run block, Melvin Gordon will of course be our no.1 RB and will more than likely get 25+ touches as per usual he'll also get at least 5+ targets and be left into pass protect as needed. We're going to have a shift on the o-line this week with Mike Remmers out and Joe Staley more than likely making his return this week after having his eyesocket broken so with Staley returning we'll kick Solder over to the RT spot. If however Staley does not make his return, Solder will play LT and Beachum will take over the RT spot. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, this is a very good offense that can beat singapore in a  variety of ways in the passing game and running game and they're not able to cover any of their defensive matchups with a high success rate. But no one reads gameplans so here's a cat gif you missed out on by not reading this https://www.catgifpage.com/gifs/273.gif

The Running Strategy: Melvin Gordon will be our featured RB, DeMarco Murray will be our no.2 RB and get some touches and mix into keep Gordon fresh and all that. We'll run block to the best of our abilities and we'll run it behind BDL stud Brandon Brooks will surely tear his ACL this week because my o-line is a revolving door at this point.

TDLR: Run the ball, Throw the Ball, Take advantage of the matchups Singapore gives us, control the clock.

Charleston Defensive Strategy: Contain their RBs, Feed Ben to the Dingoes, Stripsack Ben, Dominate the LOS.

The Defensive Passing Strategy: Marcus Peters will cover Keenan Allen and he'll occasionally get some help over the top but I'd prefer to use their IRL numbers against each other to see how well Allen would do here, Brandon Carr will be our no.2 CB and he'll more than likely cover the "Sanu Canu" while Stephon Gilmore if he suits up will cover the slot and Fitzgerald more than likely if Gilmore doesn't suit up Nelson will cover the slot. Singapore has one of the best QB-RB-RB trios in BDL and with Big Ben taking a step back this year I'd expect Singapore would focus on using their RBs to move the chains and we'll counter that by having our LBs and safeties focus on them a bit more, whenever both are on the field we'll be playing zone coverage. My pass rush should be able to get a ton of pressure on Ben who is missing both starting OTs and will be under tons of pressure because of that, my secondary also boasts NFL INT leader Micah Hyde who will also play as a slot Cb occasionally and will more than likely end up covering Bell/Hunt for most of the game. We will mostly use cover 3 zone for this game with some man coverage mixed in and all that stuff. Steven Nelson will be our 4th CB and for dime packages David comes off the field, we'll also rotate our D-line quite a bit to keep them fresh and make sure we have fresh pass rushers to get after Ben.

The Run Defense: Singapore has Le'Veon Bell and Kareem Hunt....Feck. But hey both of their starting OTs are out and I don't see how Singapore can field 5 starting lineman (or at least 5 lineman who start IRL) and expect to be able to pass protect or run block all that well so that's a massive point for me. In other run defense stuff, we'll rotate our d-line and LBs heavily to keep them fresh and since Singapore will more than likely lean on the run quite a bit to hide Roelthisberger who has been nothing more than "meh" this season. We'll put extra emphasis on containing their RBs whether it's the passing game or the running game we'll shut them down to the best of our abilities. We'll play goaline,nickel,dime etc. as it is needed and we'll adjust to the formations they use.

TDLR: Control the LOS, Get Pressure on ben, Contain their RBs, Knock Singapore down a peg, Burn down the stadium after for insurance money.

Well Stephenson is not playing at RT... so there is that. I don't like that Shane Ray is playing RE and he will be a run liability for Charleston against a balanced run attack. Melvin hasn't been producing as of late either. However I like the two tight set by Charleston and I like their secondary. I'm going Charleston in an upset although Sing has more talent, Charleston has a good plan. 

Singapore missing both of it's OTs is the killer for me here, with both healthy I think they win but starting Stephenson who doesn't start IRL and a G at LT is going to get Ben tons of pressure in his face. Charleston's 2 TE base offense is a nice change up and will help against Singapore's pass rushers. 

Archived