Texans Trade DB Lonnie Johnson, Jr to Chiefs

chiefs82

5 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

How was he for the Texans?

i think he had both really good and bad moments

edit: heres a fun factoid i just got off Reddit "Lonnie Johnson was the absolute lowest graded DB by PFF in both 2019 (225th of 225) and 2021 (227th of 227) with a minimum 20% of snaps."

Edited by tab
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, tab said:

i think he had both really good and bad moments

Thats what i thought too when I first read his name that he had some pretty good games then saw that he went for a 7th and made me think he must of stunk more than he was good

Interestingly enough theres a lot of crossover with these two teams, we really like each others players.

Theyve got 3 former Chiefs at DB, Chiefs have two former Texans. Matheiu played for both franchises  The OL also has a lot of trade off as well. Weird

• Like 1

Now he’s forced to share a locker room with Travis Kelce, the man who brutalized him in that KC playoff comeback. Lonnie never recovered after that day…

…or, maybe he just wasn’t good to begin with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

How was he for the Texans?

He had some flashy splash plays in the preseason, or in a losing effort. Usually, you’d see him off in space or something.

Largely forgettable player, maybe a change of scenery will help.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Now he’s forced to share a locker room with Travis Kelce, the man who brutalized him in that KC playoff comeback. Lonnie never recovered after that day…

…or, maybe he just wasn’t good to begin with.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

He had some flashy splash plays in the preseason, or in a losing effort. Usually, you’d see him off in space or something.

Largely forgettable player, maybe a change of scenery will help.

The only thing I remember him for is cheap shotting Jace Sternberger at a joint practice (not a game, freaking practice) and knocking him out for half his rookie season.  For whatever reason Sternberger never seemed to recover from that.  Or maybe he just wasn't very good, either.  

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 6:19 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Veach's yearly reclamation project of a high(ish) draft pick. I don't know the player at all but for the comp it's worth kicking the tires I suppose.

Maybe Justin Reid pounded the table for him?

Mike Hughes worked out kinda

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Mike Hughes worked out kinda

Man what could be with that dude, if he had any ball skills at all he would be a great CB. Just seemed happy to be running with the WR lol. I don't wanna totally poop on the guy he played quite a bit for us and seemed to overcome the injury big he had.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1