Front Office Cleaning

Acgott

Probably fired half of em because he knew damn right well day 2 and 3 were full of awful picks from these "pros" on board in that office. Day 1 was a

grand slam. I feel this draft fell off the map after day 2 and 3. 

Edited by Giants4eva

17 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Probably fired half of em because he knew damn right well day 2 and 3 were full of awful picks from these "pros" on board in that office. Day 1 was a

grand slam. I feel this draft fell off the map after day 2 and 3. 

Are all of you guys really that down on our day 2 and 3 picks?  And maybe I'm just on such a high that Dave is gone that i'm overlooking what you guys are seeing, but I feel that in one season, this new GM has already fixed the offensive line issues that have plagued this team for so many years.  I really think that Joshua Ezeudu is going to make a quality interior offensive lineman.  What I like most is that based on the size of the players Joe's team is piecing together tells me we are going back to the ground with some power run.  Like the good ole' days when it didn't matter if teams knew we were running or not they couldn't keep us from moving the chains.  So that is very promising.

The little recievers, I can't say I'm a fan of it either but I understand how they fit into the system he is creating.  Personally, when it comes to scouting receivers for me, I'm a size, weight, height person when scouting.  

Defensively, wow!  We finally have a defensive front 7 that could make an impact and being so young, it could be the beginning stages of something big.  Admittingly the only player on defense that I wasn't a fan of was the, LSU corner, because of how lean he is.  Now this scares me more than how you feel about short receivers...ha.  Unless he can add some meat, I fear he won't make it.  

I just look back at how recent drafts went and how well those players have worked out for us and feel that this GM is already showing me he is dedicated to turning this ship around.  I think we have to understand that with no real cap space, that some of these picks were based on needs and while that works out in the early rounds, but later rounds not so much.  I think he did his best to match need with value and perhaps it didn't line up exactly with each attempt, but we had a ton of holes to fill and no money.  I think he's doing a pretty good job with what he was handed.  So again, I'm so happy that Dave is gone, I've been begging for his termination since he sinked his nails into the franchise.