2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

2010 was the high water mark for BJ Raji with 6.5 sacks.  39 stops.  9 hits.  Made the Pro Bowl the next year.

2010 Pickett was almost unmoveable a a run stopper.

2010 was Matthews high water mark for sacks with 13.5.  All Pro.  He was a beast then.  Lost out on Defensive Player of the year to Polamalu.  Mathews came in second.  Better than Preston or Gary.

2010 Jenkins played in only 11 games, starting 8.  Still hit his high water mark with 7 sacks.

2010 Frank Zombo with 4 sacks.  Not nearly on the level of P or Gary.  Even if P gets 4 sacks, he will be better than Zombo.

I like this year's squad, no doubt.  But with the benefit of hindsight versus foresight, I'll take the 2010 squad that helped us win a title.

Pretty comparable 2010 vs 2022 ( on paper potential) front 7.

2010 secondary >>> than 2022 secondary 

Woodson >> Jaire 

Tramon + Shields >> Douglass + Stokes

Collins >>>>>> Savage

Peprah <<< Amos

• Like 1

Looking forward to a quicker Am Rodgers. 

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2022/06/07/packers-wr-amari-rodgers-sheds-weight-to-move-better-entering-second-nfl-season/?taid=629fcf23b64e860001a89693&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

“This offseason, I locked in on getting my body right,” Rodgers said after Tuesday’s minicamp practice in Green Bay. “I lost like six pounds, I lost four percent body fat. Lost all of it my torso, so I feel like I’m getting in that area where I was in college as far as where I want to be to move how I want to, and play receiver the way I should.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

It will be interesting to see how much improved Meyers and Newman are. If those two make big jumps and Bakh and Jenkins come back….. Sheeet, our OL could be pretty good. 

12 said Newman looks bigger this year. He did get pushed around at times last year. If Bakh and Jenkins get back to 100% the OL should be elite. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brat&amp;Beer said:

12 said Newman looks bigger this year. He did get pushed around at times last year. If Bakh and Jenkins get back to 100% the OL should be elite. 

Rodgers would have time for guys to work open. A good quarterback, good running backs and a good OL can go a long way to helping the offense be productive. The receiving group would be the weak link of an otherwise strong unit and it’s easy enough to lean into strengths when you have a bunch of them. 

It’s time for a healthy OL year. We’ve paid our dues. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheEagle said:
Really nice practice from Christian Watson today. Showed off some speed and playmaking and hands were perfect. Love to see quick growth from young players.

is it quick growth in like a week? or their earlier eval was just a lazy take? pretty sure bad hands dont go away in a month. well see some narrative that he improved leaps and bounds with nfl training, yawn.

23 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

is it quick growth in like a week? or their earlier eval was just a lazy take? pretty sure bad hands dont go away in a month. well see some narrative that he improved leaps and bounds with nfl training, yawn.

Remember how everyone said Jamar Chase had a drops issue? Do people say that or care about that now?

I think Chris simms discussed this… will Watson drop some in season? Most likely. But people aren’t going to care because once a game he will also take some 5 yard route for like 80 yards based on his physical skills.

8 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I left early. 

Watkins made the play of the day on a contested slant route by jaire. Looked like a one handed grab from where I was sitting. 

Watson ran a deep crosser from the slot position. Jordan Love put it on him in a good spot with were the defenders were. He adjusted well and made the grab confidently.  Probably 40 yards in the air. 

Jordan Love has a lively arm. His arm talent is far above the other QBs not wearing 12. 

Jordan Love looks clearly more athletic than all the QBs including 12. He hops and skips through footwork drills at a different level than the other guys. 12 would come in 2nd still at his age.

Watson looks sturdy in person. Not as thick as Watkins but passes the eyeball test. Looks to have a good NFL build. 

Watson stumbled twice when the ball was in the air. I’ve seen a little bit of that at NDSU. Stumbles more than usual. 

Saw Watson cradle one. Would like to see him hands catch that one. 

Watson didn’t stand out as being more athletic than the other guys. He just sort of fit in with the group. Didn’t look overly tall. Just fit in that way too. 

Saw Watson stumble again on a stop route. Caught It falling away. Doesn’t seem quite as coordinated as most NFL WRs.  

Christian Watson is gonna catch like an 80 yard TD early this season and @JordanLoveFTW is going to say it dosent count because he looked stumbly and not that athletic because he took one misstep and  was only ahead of the nearest defender by 25 yards.

This guy steal you old lady or something? Lol

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

If he improves leaps and bounds who gives a crap if they give that narrative.

18 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

what it means is that he probably had good hands to begin with and they were just parroting bull, and cant backtrack.

Probably.  I'd challenge ANYONE to find video of his drops over his last two seasons at North Dakota State.  JaMarr Chase led the league with 11 drops.  Inside the top 10 included Travis Kelce, Deebo Samuel, Alvin Kamara, Cooper Kupp, Keenan Allen, Jaylen Waddle, and CeeDee Lamb.  We've been spoiled by Davante Adams.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

6'4 260 with almost 35" arms is small?

If he was standing next to Gary, who runs 6-5,277, he may have looked relatively small. Z also was over 270. Still, I don't think size, or lack thereof will be a problem for him.