2022 OTA's / Minicamp / Training Camp / PreSeason / Super Bowl

Leader

Rookies will report to training camp July 22.

Veterans will report July 26.

First practice July 27.

Family Night August 5. Accordingly, the National  Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the Green Bay area on August 5.

• Like 8

On 6/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I think you may be forgetting the athlete that Donnerson was.  He ran a 4.48 40 at 6'3 250.  He had a RAS of 9.89...  He just couldn't football worth a damn.  The comp is because he is a special athlete that you want to give every opportunity to show that he can play, because if he can, then it is an extreme asset. Donnerson couldn't ever get better at football.  Garvin, hopefully will.

Now what I see from Garvin is a Jekyll and Hyde player.  I recall plays last season where he set the edge as well as the starters.  And plays where he was getting pressure on the quarterback.  But I also saw a lot of plays where he was a near liability out there.  He needs to be more consistently good.  But what can he do to turn that on? 

On 6/14/2022 at 8:24 PM, Donzo said:

Oh ya, Donnerson is athletic. But, he doesn't have the size, football skill, or developmental curve of Garvin.

Garvin is developmental player, he's gonna be a "Jekyll and Hyde player" (nice reference!) . To emphasize how young he is, he's a year and a half younger than 2022 1st round pick Devonte Wyatt- which is kinda mind blowing on multiple levels when you think about it.

It just comes down to player development for him to turn on that consistency. If does that the Packers have a player. If he doesn't develop/improve, then he'll fade away like so many before him.

Have to believe the Packers believe he's got some upside. They really did nothing to address EDGE 3 and that is a very necessary spot on the roster to have a guy who can play. I don't hold out a ton of hope for the guy they got in round 5 in his rookie year. There is time to add a vet but think Garvin gets first shot at it in camp. 

Edited by Old Guy

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Have to believe the Packers believe he's got some upside. They really did nothing to address EDGE 3 and that is a very necessary spot on the roster to have a guy who can play. I don't hold out a ton of hope for the guy they got in round 5 in his rookie year. There is time to add a vet but think Garvin gets first shot at it in camp. 

I like Garvin, Enagbare, and the little I have seen of Chauncey Manac.  Randy Ramsey is also a fighter out there, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he made the roster and played snaps.  

Going by athletics, Garvin should be the best of the bunch.  And I hope that he is.  

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Have to believe the Packers believe he's got some upside. They really did nothing to address EDGE 3 and that is a very necessary spot on the roster to have a guy who can play.

Excellent point. The Packers sure aren't acting like they're worried about the depth at edge and they had/have options.

We've been talking about Garvin, but the team has talked Ramsey up for a couple years now. We'll see how it plays out.

We won the offseason Superb owl with this draft. I used to read this  statement alot here about ten or 12 years ago. It meant a team did a lot to build  up and get desirable players. It was offseason, it was all talk. I loved it. The talk would stop after the season started. I like the idea of winning an imaginary SB. I don't have any predictions but it will be a good year.  I hope it exceeds all expectations. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 2:52 PM, Refugee said:

Shareholder meeting on Monday 7/25. Don’t know if I’ll be there but I will be in WI. 

Does anyone here ever go to these?  I have to work, and live far enough away that it is probably at least 2 vacation days.  Maybe when I retire...

Also does anyone ever vote for the board and all that stuff? I got the letter in the mail, but I haven't lived in Green Bay for like 30 years.  I don't know any of these people from Adam.  

20 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone here ever go to these?  I have to work, and live far enough away that it is probably at least 2 vacation days.  Maybe when I retire...

Also does anyone ever vote for the board and all that stuff? I got the letter in the mail, but I haven't lived in Green Bay for like 30 years.  I don't know any of these people from Adam.  

I’ve never been.  I have thought about it, only because my time there would overlap but much more interested in seeing some of the open practices. 

Edited by Refugee

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Our WR's have actually gotten worse.  Watson is a bust.  He's too stiff. Can't run routes and can't catch.  Total waste of a pick.

1 hour ago, gopackgo972 said:

I’ve been away for a while. Do we have good WRs and TEs yet? 

Not only stiff and can't catch, a detailed occular patdown by J loveFTW also revealed he's not very athletic. 

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-ocular-

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not only stiff and can't catch, a detailed occular patdown by J loveFTW also revealed he's not very athletic. 

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-ocular-

Okay, you need to be more clear, who was it that got the "patdown"?  Watson or JLOVEFTW?