Roster Consensus

soflbillsfan

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

A vet corner and a vet boundary receiver would be ideal.

Insurance policies for the insurance policies. 

I can see that happening, maybe like Keelan Cole or DeDe Westbrook for WR // Mackensie Alexander or Kevin King at CB. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

A vet corner and a vet boundary receiver would be ideal.

Insurance policies for the insurance policies. 

Curious what Joe Haden does as I feel like he would be the answer for CB. What about Julio? He wouldnt have to play all the time and only needed on sub packages to extend his health through out the year?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Curious what Joe Haden does as I feel like he would be the answer for CB. What about Julio? He wouldnt have to play all the time and only needed on sub packages to extend his health through out the year?

I feel like you'd have to pay for their past play. I dont think either one would take a cheap incentive laden  1 year deal. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I feel like you'd have to pay for their past play. I dont think either one would take a cheap incentive laden  1 year deal. 

Not sure as both have already seen their pay days and neither have a ring, julio making to superbowl is the farthest either has been to and at this point in their career is an extra 500k-1 mil more on a team who may not make the playoff be more appealing to them? Julio has received over 140 mil over his 11 seasons. Joe haden has received over 121 mil in 12 seasons. Do you think these guys will be chasing the money at this point or the opportunity to land a ring?

17 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think a guy like Julio may wait until TC to sign anywhere. Maybe a key injury happens and he can cash in. 

Id like TY Hilton as a cheap option to play like 10% of the snaps baring injury

While I see getting Hilton I dont understand 10% of snaps. Right now we have Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Mckenzie and Shakir who will likely command top end of snaps. Then you have Stevenson, and Kumerow on ST as well as depth. That is 7 WR on the roster. Someone would be either cut or a healthy scratch come season for Hilton to only play 6-8 snaps per game as the bills averaged between 60-80 snaps of offense in 2021. Seems like a hard selling pitch if you only want him to play 10% of the snaps. If you sign Hilton I would hope it would be more than that and atleast see him around 25-30% 

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

While I see getting Hilton I dont understand 10% of snaps. Right now we have Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Mckenzie and Shakir who will likely command top end of snaps. Then you have Stevenson, and Kumerow on ST as well as depth. That is 7 WR on the roster. Someone would be either cut or a healthy scratch come season for Hilton to only play 6-8 snaps per game as the bills averaged between 60-80 snaps of offense in 2021. Seems like a hard selling pitch if you only want him to play 10% of the snaps. If you sign Hilton I would hope it would be more than that and atleast see him around 25-30% 

The 10% was more a random number to show he’s wouldn’t be a starter or taking snaps from Davis.

Counting the slot WR doesn’t really work though because they won’t play outside. Right now Stevenson and Kumerow would be the next guys up outside if Diggs or Davis got hurt. Neither is all that safe for a roster spot. 

Shakir could probably do it but the Bills definitely see him inside.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

The 10% was more a random number to show he’s wouldn’t be a starter or taking snaps from Davis.

Counting the slot WR doesn’t really work though because they won’t play outside. Right now Stevenson and Kumerow would be the next guys up outside if Diggs or Davis got hurt. Neither is all that safe for a roster spot. 

Shakir plays both inside and outside, I am not sure if they view him solely on the inside and my guess would be that camp will dictate where he goes. If he is going inside your talking 3rd string and thats not including those packages in which Knox or Howard would be on the field and no slot wr is out there. Hopefully Shakir gets his chance to break out on the outside as that would give him more reps on the field then he would in the slot. I agree though we do need a solid #3/4 on the outside in case Diggs or Davis goes down long term. I also wouldnt hate the idea of Desean Jackson for the right price either as he does still have some speed.

My guess would be CB, WR, and OG for vets that could be beneficial to the bills

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Another thing with signing Hilton or any other Veteran WR is that they likely wouldn't play ST and they would be taking the place of a key ST receiver on the 53. I cant see Beane or McDermott going for that.