Roster Consensus

soflbillsfan

17 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

Another thing with signing Hilton or any other Veteran WR is that they likely wouldn't play ST and they would be taking the place of a key ST receiver on the 53. I cant see Beane or McDermott going for that. 

Is that any different then having Sanders last year though? 

You can only commit so many spots to special teams guys and I think LB, DBs and Tawaiin Jones are the main ones. 

I think Kumerow and Stevenson end up fighting for a 7th spot behind Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Veteran, McKenzie, Shakir.

I also would not be shocked if McKenzie or Crowder didn’t make the team. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Is that any different then having Sanders last year though? 

You can only commit so many spots to special teams guys and I think LB, DBs and Tawaiin Jones are the main ones. 

I think Kumerow and Stevenson end up fighting for a 7th spot behind Diggs, Davis, Crowder, Veteran, McKenzie, Shakir.

I also would not be shocked if McKenzie or Crowder didn’t make the team. 

Well Sanders was the WR2 to start the season last year. Gabe Davis played ST. Hilton at best would be the WR4 and would offer no other positional value. Davis likely wont play ST now that he will be a starting WR. Thats the difference to me anyway. 

3 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

Well Sanders was the WR2 to start the season last year. Gabe Davis played ST. Hilton at best would be the WR4 and would offer no other positional value. Davis likely wont play ST now that he will be a starting WR. Thats the difference to me anyway. 

Yeah that makes sense. I still think IF we keep 7 WR having more than 2 being predominant special teams guys is over kill. 

I assume Shakir sees reps as PR/KR as well as Stevenson. Both can likely play outside if needed. I’d personally rather a guy like Hilton or Jackson as the 3rd options outside over keeping Kumerow for specials also. 

51 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah that makes sense. I still think IF we keep 7 WR having more than 2 being predominant special teams guys is over kill. 

I assume Shakir sees reps as PR/KR as well as Stevenson. Both can likely play outside if needed. I’d personally rather a guy like Hilton or Jackson as the 3rd options outside over keeping Kumerow for specials also. 

If shakir is going to be return man I honestly do not see the purpose of keeping stevenson. we still have mckenzie as the backup option for return and then the safe catching punts you have hyde on the team. Stevenson hasnt offered anything to the team in his 1st year and if he loses his position against Shakir then its safe to move on from stevenson and maybe put him on the psqaud. 6 snaps on offense last year half were in the falcons game. I hope he steps it up but at the same time if he doesnt then we definitely can fill his role with a guy who could be a bigger impact on offense.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

If shakir is going to be return man I honestly do not see the purpose of keeping stevenson. we still have mckenzie as the backup option for return and then the safe catching punts you have hyde on the team. Stevenson hasnt offered anything to the team in his 1st year and if he loses his position against Shakir then its safe to move on from stevenson and maybe put him on the psqaud. 6 snaps on offense last year half were in the falcons game. I hope he steps it up but at the same time if he doesnt then we definitely can fill his role with a guy who could be a bigger impact on offense.

We might see Shakir return kicks. But I agree with the purpose of rostering Stevenson